Could be the right time to tank

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
In MY OPINION, they are not making the playoffs. Sure, they are not mathematically eliminated.

NOT EVEN CLOSE to the same thing. Dear god, just make shit up because you can't be honest with yourself about how much this team is getting pushed around.
I'm not satisfied with average, and I'm surprised you are. Before the season? Little to no expectations. But when they got to 6-3, that changed it all. And there is NOTHING wrong with upping your expectations.
Take a look at their record vs. sub .500 teams. And they still have the Niners, KC and the Jets. If they are getting dominated by crap teams, what are they going to do against VERY GOOD teams? I'm not gonna' apologize for being pissed off. Even if I probably allowed myself to drastically change my expectations.
Welcome to sports, it happens.

Nunya

Reaction score
Listen, I’m not a strong proponent of purposely tanking but at this point, you probably wouldn’t even be able to tell with how bad this defense is, that Seattle could technically “tank” and it would probably look the same as if they are “trying” to win.

I said a few weeks ago Seattle would struggle with Carolina and a few posters here had a fit.

Seattle looks competitive offensively, but, defensively, they are pretty much guaranteed right now to be putrid.

Might as well stack as high a draft pick as possible in combination with the Denver pick, Seattle’s pick may be top 10, and that would be a great thing for Seattle’s defensive line future than possibly winning a few more games.
In order to "tank", a team would need to get 8 players and up to 16 coaches on board. Players and coaches who's careers and future salary values depend on their ability to win games.

Only fans think it terms of "tanking".

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I agree with a couple of other posters here. Looking ahead, I see no easy wins. There is no need to "tank".

Latest posts