Just TANK

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
it’s too early to “tank.”

You can possibly tank with like a few games remaining, if you absolutely must have too to get a higher pick but I want to see what this team has!

I see no reason to tank now!

This team is young and hungry again!

That in itself is enough reason to get out there and lay it out on the line and each game!

This year will be exciting!

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
If you could plug in a qb, cold, in a new system and in the first 3 1/4 games he threw for :

68% complete, 700+ yards, 5 tds and 1 int, what would you say?

THAT is Geno's stat line from last year and why he's being given a chance to start. And he posted those numbers across two games where he was handcuffed by a conservative approach. And in the one game he wasnt handcuffed andnthe offense opened up, he set the franchise record for completed consecutive passes. You can call out thr Jags as beingbthe team he did it against, but hiw many other teams have done the same against them? Ask Josh Allen how bad Jax was last year - that same defesne that we trounced, crushed the Bills the following week. Any given sunday? Sure. But Geno wasnt just 'ok' in the one game he was allowed to really play, he was really good. i don't think the guy has yet shown he's a bona-fide, contemporary type franchise qb, buy he's far from a toss in, maybe win 4 games, qb.
You make good points. And I don’t hate him being on the team though I think his contract is a little too high. It’s more along the lines of me wanting someone that I think will lead the team to wins for years to come. Maybe he could be that person but I don’t see it. Usually starting QBs have some defining trait that makes them stand out. Arm strength or anticipation or escapability etc etc. I see Geno as ok in some of those categories but not great at any of them

but hey Trent Dilfer and Eli Manning won Super Bowls …

rcaido

Reaction score
Hate to say it guy, they are already tanking. If the Seahawks wanted to win, they would have upgraded their QB w/ starting QB.

At max we will win 6 games. My prediction we go 4-13.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Hate to say it guy, they are already tanking. If the Seahawks wanted to win, they would have upgraded their QB w/ starting QB.

At max we will win 6 games. My prediction we go 4-13.
Who could've been drafted this year and be an immediate upgrade over Lock/GENO?

hoxrox

Reaction score
My early projection is that they will have a better record than last year but miss the playoffs. Maybe squeak in as a wildcard if things work out better than expected.

So combine that with the picks we have next year, to trade up, and that's the best chance you have of a getting a top QB prospect.

But tank they will not.

keasley45

Reaction score
Exactly. There isn't a solution this year that's worth investing the time and $ in over thr long-term.
This is squarely a 'see what we've got' at qb, year. It's the smart way for the team to approach the retooling. Baker Mayfield is too much of what we just stepped away from.

I think it's lost on folks that thr team is more than just Pete and John. Shane Waldron has a design in mind that it's now obvious the team is moving toward. No doubt he looked at Lock, Geno and whatever other candidate there might be in the league and decided geno and Drew are the guys he wants to go with this year. Likely Geno either to legitimately compete for the spot now or serve as an experienced backup to Lock, who played in a similar system the year he was at his best.
I doubt Shane sees Mayfield or Fitzpatrick... or Mullet man in Philly as a better option than the guys he currently had. Far be it from me to second guess the hand chosen architect of our new offense. I just so happen to agree 100%.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Why tank they just retooled the O line, secondary and added edge and weapons on offense. Besides they have two firsts next year and two seconds to trade if they want Stroud. Lock is surrounded with studs like DK, Fant, Lockett, Walker the 3rd and Penny. Lock can and will lead this team to the playoffs

rcaido

Reaction score
I dont follow college football so i really dont know about the draft....Geno is not starter quality, take away the Jaguars game last year and its going to be really painful to watch the Hawks game this season if he wins out which i think he will.

They could have trade for QB if they really wanted to win. Of course thats not ideal for the future but that is technically tanking.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Exactly. We are better stacked in the draft next year than we were this year.
Oh Yeah Yes GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

IndyHawk

Reaction score
This silly take on tanking reminds me of one that said
we might as well hold out the midget so we can get
better picks and weapons for him...Nah

BallHawk

Reaction score
I couldn’t support this coaching staff and front office if they intentionally advocated for tanking a season. It would completely destroy the culture and philosophy of “Always Compete” that this organization has been building around for the past decade and more. Say what you will about some of the bad coaching choices or head scratching free agent acquisitions or other questionable calls this team has made over the years but that philosophy has been the foundation of the Seahawks under Pete and John. Tanking would make hypocrites of them all.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Recall 2011. Pete had the team competing in every game. I believe the commitment to winning and the winning culture was an important factor in luring difference-maker free agents like Cliff Avril to Seattle. It would be a bad idea to "Suck for Luck" or "Tank for Tua".

m0ng0

Reaction score
I just suffered thru a tanked season with my Blazers, but ya know what? There was a stretch of games where these no names were winning...and that was the most interested i had been in the team all year long. We had the worst roster in the league and we were winning! All I want is my team to play hard, play like they give a damn and let the chips fall where they may.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I have no idea whether Geno can turn into a good starter. He was admittedly immature when he was drafted. He was also drafted by a terrible franchise.

Last year he showed some good things and some not so good things. He also hadn’t started a game or had full practice reps in YEARS. That matters. Can he improve this season? Time will tell. But I don’t think we should just dismiss him outright.

samwize77

Reaction score
These guys did not get to this level by trying or wanting to lose. One of the most important aspects of any organization is a winning culture. Don't mess with that.