Could be the right time to tank

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Listen, I’m not a strong proponent of purposely tanking but at this point, you probably wouldn’t even be able to tell with how bad this defense is, that Seattle could technically “tank” and it would probably look the same as if they are “trying” to win.

I said a few weeks ago Seattle would struggle with Carolina and a few posters here had a fit.

Seattle looks competitive offensively, but, defensively, they are pretty much guaranteed right now to be putrid.

Might as well stack as high a draft pick as possible in combination with the Denver pick, Seattle’s pick may be top 10, and that would be a great thing for Seattle’s defensive line future than possibly winning a few more games.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The only thing Geno Smith has done for this franchise is cost us valuable draft position and makes the front office ponder whether or not to draft a QB with the Broncos pick! Thanks for nothing Geno!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The only thing Geno Smith has done for this franchise is cost us valuable draft position and makes the front office ponder whether or not to draft a QB with the Broncos pick! Thanks for nothing Geno!!
IODOT

BChawkfan

Reaction score
The tank has already started. Hear the low rumble in the distance.

You dont think they were saving their strength for the 49rs

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The tank has already started. Hear the low rumble in the distance.

You dont think they were saving their strength for the 49rs
I actually think this could be possible too.

For some reason, even coaches seem to game plan wayyyyy better against certain opponents.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
If the Donkeys weren't so bad, you'd still be wrong. The combo of both those factors is actually fantastic as it allows us to draft high on the defensive side rather than needing to worry about a QB. of course, that requires re-signing him. Although I assume you were being facetious.

knownone

Reaction score
There's no need to tank. We'll be lucky to win the next three games as it is. And even if we lose out, we likely only move up a few spots in the draft.

nwHawk

Reaction score
If we are being honest this team has played better this season that was expected.

If they lose 3 of the next 4 games, that sucks but to win 8 games in a rebuild year with so many inexperienced player is survivable.

This team needs better defensive players, and they’ve needed them for several seasons so it’s not new. They need better guards and the Center needs an anchor, something Blythe may not have (lead in the pants).

rjdriver

Reaction score
There's no need to tank. We'll be lucky to win the next three games as it is. And even if we lose out, we likely only move up a few spots in the draft.

Sometimes a few spots makes all the difference. We are playing with house money now compared to my pre season expectations. I hate losing the way we did today, but the way I look at it is...

We either win further exceeding expectations by playing above our talent level (Mainly D) which is pretty damn fun to watch.

or..

We lose and increase the possibility of being able to drastically improve our talent level with unprecedented draft capital.

Once we get a few big holes filled, if we continue to play within the system at a high intensity level, I see us being competitive in every game.

Plus. Every week the Broncos lose can't be THAT bad

Chapow

Reaction score
Our defense is a raging dumpster fire, and we have no running game. There's no need to tank.

The 9ers could rush for 300+ yards against this D if they choose to, and the Chiefs will probably put up 50+ points unless they're content to just hang onto the ball and chew up the clock.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Definitely the right time to start Lock, IMO. I'd hate for us to spend a high rounder on a QB if we already have one. This is by now probably a better version of Lock than we've witnessed before. Can't argue that Pete knows how to max the potential of QBs (hahahahaha) and unless it was all an elaborate smoke screen (possible) he saw something in Lock. I want to see what he saw.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Definitely the right time to start Lock, IMO. I'd hate for us to spend a high rounder on a QB if we already have one. This is by now probably a better version of Lock than we've witnessed before. Can't argue that Pete knows how to max the potential of QBs (hahahahaha) and unless it was all an elaborate smoke screen (possible) he saw something in Lock. I want to see what he saw.
Benching one of the best passers in the league this year by nearly every single statistical measure as the team sits over .500 in the playoff race would be an awful, awful decision unbefitting of a top organization

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Are you honestly happy with how he played yesterday? I really hope not. Even you can't deny he looked lost.
And come on, they are done with playoff chances. No way in hell this team makes the playoffs. Sucks, because at 6-3, it felt like an almost certainty they would get in.

Oh well, on to Thursday. It could be quite ugly.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
If the Hawks don’t drastically improve the run defense they won’t win the rest of the year so effectively “tanking “.

The success the Hawks have had so far has been a complete surprise I was expecting next season to be their break out season. There is no advantage to being mediocre ( winning half your games). You want to be good or bad

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Are you honestly happy with how he played yesterday? I really hope not. Even you can't deny he looked lost.
And come on, they are done with playoff chances. No way in hell this team makes the playoffs. Sucks, because at 6-3, it felt like an almost certainty they would get in.

Oh well, on to Thursday. It could be quite ugly.

They're not done with the playoff chances. You're mathematically wrong. They're over .500 and in the hunt.

Teams change. Sometimes rapidly. We see it every. single. year.

I'm pissed about how they lost yesterday, but I'm not going to start just lying on the internet because I'm sad.

And, no. I don't think he played well, and I've said as much multiple times. But this reactionary tantrum routine is dead tired, and putting in the backup after the year he's had is an idea with zero merit.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Did I say they were eliminated? No I didn't. I'm saying they're not going to make it. I'll gladly and happily eat crow if they make it.
Who is lying? I was at the game, I'm still pissed. And I DID NOT SAY they are eliminated. I'm saying they're not going to make the playoffs. And who said to put in a backup? Not me.
What part of that don't you understand?
If you honestly think I'm not going to be screaming my a** off at every game, you know nothing about me. I expect more from the team, and I'm pissed off.
Sorry if you can't handle the fact that I'm not going to sugar coat what I'm seeing right in front of me. This is an AVERAGE team.