Swan Song Curtain Call for Coaches and Players MNF

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I bet you this is it for a lot of coaches and players. This game Monday Night is their Judgement Day.

Doesn’t matter what happens after this Eagles game.

Seattle, even if they win out the remainder of the season, if they lose this game against the Eagles, it’s over for a bunch of these coaches and players.

They will not be with the team come this summer.

Let’s see who belongs on the team after this Eagles game, and I have a feeling we will largely be in agreement on dot net, on who is packing bags (coaches and players) after this season.

renofox

Reaction score
I bet you this is it for a lot of coaches and players. This game Monday Night is their Judgement Day.

Doesn’t matter what happens after this Eagles game.

Seattle, even if they win out the remainder of the season, if they lose this game against the Eagles, it’s over for a bunch of these coaches and players.

They will not be with the team come this summer.

Let’s see who belongs on the team after this Eagles game, and I have a feeling we will largely be in agreement on dot net, on who is packing bags (coaches and players) after this season.
You should start a thread after the game. It would be interesting to see a consensus of evidence-based judgments and compare them to what actually happens this off-season.

Sometimes coaches CANNOT see the forest for the trees, so I'll tell all the Appeal to Authority mf's to stfu in advance.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
The Eagles are beatable, esp in Seattle. They'll still have to 'put it all together' to pull off a win.

Really, I see it as just another game and perhaps no more significant than any other in the bigger picture.

Sure, a five game skid looks bad, but changes need to be made regardless.

rjdriver

Reaction score
They're on the ropes. They'll either fight back or get knocked out.

Let's see if they come out flat, or with some fire.
They came out with a crap ton of fire against the Cowboys in Dallas! Outplayed them on the field. That should have never been a loss, a simple respot by the refs for the field goal would have made a difference. That was the game to save the season.

I can't imagine how demoralizing that loss must have been for the players.

This game is winnable. The institution probably has no preference between the Cowboys and Niners making the Super Bowl, and it would be the preferred NFCCG from an entertainment stand point. I don't see the Eagles getting the calls like the Cowboys this week.

Last edited:

mistaowen

Reaction score
Eagles are an interesting team. Their secondary has been terrible this year and the offense (loaded with talent) has looked skittish more than they should. They’re also coming off a couple stinkers and looking to rebound. Biggest concern is they go bully ball like the Browns and Ravens did with their excellent OL. Seahawks interior DL has actually been playing really well this year but their speed to the edges is top notch, an area this defense has been bad. Their WR’s are also really talented and i don’t know if there’s a worse secondary in the NFL right now, absolutely ripe for a “get right” game for them.

Ultimately, I see the Eagles doing whatever they want on offense. There is nothing positive coming out of the Seahawks locker room at the moment and Pete is basically laying it at his players feet to do something about it. Offense needs to have another Cowboys game effort to keep it close IMO.

Last edited:

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I don't know man, it just kinda feels too little too late at this point. Even if all the coaches and players are all firing on all cylinders, I can't trust any of them to remain consistent except for a few players that have BEEN giving it their all. Witherspoon comes to mind off the top of my head.

Most all of the coaching staff just feels like they're trying to save their ass at this point and it wouldn't make me any more optimistic because it's week 15 for crying out loud, too little too late.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
The sun, unfortunately, is setting on this iteration of the Seahawks. I'll enjoy it while it lasts, and hope for the best when the off season arrives.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I don't think anything happens until the team is sold.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
They came out with a crap ton of fire against the Cowboys in Dallas! Outplayed them on them on the field. That should have never been a loss, a simple respot be the refs for the field goal would have made a difference. That was the game to save the season.

I can't imagine how demoralizing that loss must have been for the players.

This game is winnable. The institution probably has no preference between the Cowboys and Niners making the Super Bowl, and it would be the preferred NFCCG from an entertainment stand point. I don't see the Eagles getting the calls like the Cowboys this week.
That game was given to Dallas on the drive that was sustained by 6 penalties against us - momentum gone

hugecanoli

Reaction score
How long was Tom Cable screwing shit up on the sidelines before his worthless ass was fired?

I actually thought he must have had pics of Pete's wife to stay around as long as he did.

Jack Shit is going to happen until PC is gone. PC will be gone when his contract ends and/or the team is sold.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I haven't seen any lack of effort, just a lack of talent and cohesive play on the field.

So I assume the Hawks will come out swinging, as they've done the past month.........and just like all the games over the past month. It probably won't be enough to overcome all the other chaos and deficiencies with this team right now.

The Eagles haven't been playing well either, but IMO they're still a better team than us.