How much Influence does Jody Allen wield in the the Draft?

HawksNation

Reaction score
I’m Curious how much Influence Jody Allen has when deciding who we pick, or if she fully passes the torch to JS and PC.

Most Owners are intimately involved in who the teams select, especially with high draft picks.

Could she want a QB of the Future?
Does she want to shape the D line?
Does she hand over the choice to JS, and let him do his magic?

Does the possibility of selling the franchise in the near future affect which direction we go?

Any Idea?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My guess is Jody has been briefed on P&J's draft plan and has bought into it. Her presence in the war room is visual validation of her consent with the plan.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Although as the owner, she can do as she pleases, I seriously doubt she has any desire to override anything the team hired experts decide.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I think she will let the football professionals do their job, but at the same time try to understand their process in order to determine if they are best suited for said job.

There was a story a couple of years ago that Jody was "not happy" with the way things were going with the team. The season record wasn't good at the time, and the team didn't make the playoffs.

Fast forward to the draft that year, and she was involved, sitting in the front row in the draft room, asking Pete and John questions.

I doubt she had any input on who they should pick, but coincidentally, they had their best draft in years.

NoGain

Reaction score
Pretty much no influence whatsoever, IMO. She doesn't know WTF to do about the draft. Let's be real. She's enlisted PC/JS to take care of that, at least for now.

toffee

Reaction score
I read that Pete's contract with Hawks gave him final say in all football matters, not sure if there's a provision that gave owners the veteo power on football related matters, even if there isn't one, the owner could always fire Pete at their pleasure, although there will be money consequences.

OP
OP
H

HawksNation

Reaction score
I read that Pete's contract with Hawks gave him final say in all football matters, not sure if there's a provision that gave owners the veteo power on football related matters, even if there isn't one, the owner could always fire Pete at their pleasure, although there will be money consequences.
When you own the team, ultimately you can run it however you want.

Whose to say Jody isn’t making all the picks 😂