Jody Allen

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":3jl9ebnp said:
There's been a lot of discussion about Jody Allen. I saw this video, timely as it was distributed on 9/29 and notes our loss to the Vikings, that discusses her and the Seahawks management in general. It's 22 minutes long, but I think it's worth a watch.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=jo ... ORM=WRVORC

I mean this guy brings up green bay and Pittsburg as examples of teams that he compares to Carroll and the Seahawks but the only thing he is proving is that its really tough to win SB's in the NFL.

He doesn't really know anything about Jody Allan, Its all assumption... He does bring a good point in that JA has people around here who know football.. She should lean on those people and from a business perspective she made a good decision re signing PC and JS..

I'm unsure why people think that owners are in this such as a fan would be. This is a business all the way these owners make money by winning. The players are in this for the money and the coaches are in this for money. The days of playing because you love it and not caring how much money you make have been gone for a very long time and it ain't never coming back. The Seahawk revenue went up drastically since Carroll got here and that's the bottom line. Look at what happen to our Sonics and Schultz... the fact that Carroll keeps this team competitive is the only thing that matters and he has done that for many years... and lets look at GB they didn't make it to the SB last year same story with out McCarthy Rodgers can't get it done when it counts it seems.

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":28jnf6y3 said:
RiverDog":28jnf6y3 said:
There's been a lot of discussion about Jody Allen. I saw this video, timely as it was distributed on 9/29 and notes our loss to the Vikings, that discusses her and the Seahawks management in general. It's 22 minutes long, but I think it's worth a watch.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=jo ... ORM=WRVORC

I mean this guy brings up green bay and Pittsburg as examples of teams that he compares to Carroll and the Seahawks but the only thing he is proving is that its really tough to win SB's in the NFL.

He doesn't really know anything about Jody Allan, Its all assumption... He does bring a good point in that JA has people around here who know football.. She should lean on those people and from a business perspective she made a good decision re signing PC and JS..

I'm unsure why people think that owners are in this such as a fan would be. This is a business all the way these owners make money by winning. The players are in this for the money and the coaches are in this for money. The days of playing because you love it and not caring how much money you make have been gone for a very long time and it ain't never coming back. The Seahawk revenue went up drastically since Carroll got here and that's the bottom line. Look at what happen to our Sonics and Schultz... the fact that Carroll keeps this team competitive is the only thing that matters and he has done that for many years... and lets look at GB they didn't make it to the SB last year same story with out McCarthy Rodgers can't get it done when it counts it seems.

LTH

Couple things, Paul was a background owner, he stepped in for big decisions. He was a delegator as well, he had two Pro Teams, his first love was Basketball but he was a avid casual fan of football with the Huskies and Seahawks.

What he did well was find the talent he needed to run things, then went and got it.

That talent is here already, Jody is just watching the show mostly and taking advisements. I will bet when there is a decision of substance she will be there like Paul, just not looking for a spotlight.

toffee

Reaction score
Wouldn't want Jody to be hands on, glad that she is hands off.
Glad that she isn't over reacting either, after all she is handling a multi-billion enterprise.
Would want her to step in if the season goes south after 12 games or so.

If the team is at 2-10 and the defense is still as bad as now, it would be time for Pete, so the question at that point would be John goes with Pete or keep John.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":283sfwga said:

LTH

What I got from his using Green Bay and Pittsburgh was the contrast in two philosophies. Both teams have won a Lombardi within the past 12 years, both have been frequent playoff participants since, but neither has made it all the way to the promised land despite having a franchise QB. The Packers decided that they needed a change, firing Mike McCarthy in 2018, but the Steelers decided to stick with Mike Tomlin. We are at that same point.

There are some owners that are more passionate about winning than others. Mike Brown seems to be at the low end of the spectrum, Jerry Jones at the high end. Jody likely falls a little on the lower side, but we really don't know as she's such a recluse.

Whether you agree or disagree with the premise the guy put forth in the video, I felt it was a good discussion.

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":3aypstq8 said:
LTH":3aypstq8 said:

LTH

What I got from his using Green Bay and Pittsburgh was the contrast in two philosophies. Both teams have won a Lombardi within the past 12 years, both have been frequent playoff participants since, but neither has made it all the way to the promised land despite having a franchise QB. The Packers decided that they needed a change, firing Mike McCarthy in 2018, but the Steelers decided to stick with Mike Tomlin. We are at that same point.

There are some owners that are more passionate about winning than others. Mike Brown seems to be at the low end of the spectrum, Jerry Jones at the high end. Jody likely falls a little on the lower side, but we really don't know as she's such a recluse.

Whether you agree or disagree with the premise the guy put forth in the video, I felt it was a good discussion.

fair enough

chris98251

Reaction score
Paul had to be talked into buying and then also building a Stadium, once he was in he was all in. His legacy for Seattle and the Seahawks will be protected and enhanced if possible, that is what I think Jody is passionate about. So she may not be Jerry Jones fanatical, but I think she is all in on keepings Pauls dream and wishes alive.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
As long as our economy doesn’t completely collapse the Seahawks will never again lose money and the value of the franchise will continue to grow. Jody will not sell this team. The brain trust of Vulcan is savvy and elite, they will make the necessary decisions. As long as Vulcan has that 1%’er money the NFL will be 100% behind them.

I have to imagine there is only a handful of individuals who could even be considered for the chance to purchase this team. And the ones I can think of don’t inspire me.

chris98251

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1kygszw3 said:
As long as our economy doesn’t completely collapse the Seahawks will never again lose money and the value of the franchise will continue to grow. Jody will not sell this team. The brain trust of Vulcan is savvy and elite, they will make the necessary decisions. As long as Vulcan has that 1%’er money the NFL will be 100% behind them.

I have to imagine there is only a handful of individuals who could even be considered for the chance to purchase this team. And the ones I can think of don’t inspire me.
Mark Cuban, Bezos are two at the top of the list, neither inspire me, too much Snyder and Jones in them for my taste.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
chris98251":s5usfqfd said:
Paul had to be talked into buying and then also building a Stadium, once he was in he was all in. His legacy for Seattle and the Seahawks will be protected and enhanced if possible, that is what I think Jody is passionate about. So she may not be Jerry Jones fanatical, but I think she is all in on keepings Pauls dream and wishes alive.

Yup. It took then Gov. Gary Locke to personally appeal to Paul Allen in order to convince him to buy the team. It also required a change of league rules regarding owning another professional franchise (the NBA Blazers) before he could buy the team. I can remember a factoid coming out at the time that stated if you added the other NFL owners financial net worth together that it still wouldn't equal PA's. It was the best thing that happened to our franchise, bar none.

After enduring a cheap and meddlesome owner like Ken Behring, I'm more than OK with the Allens even if it means they might hesitate on a momentous decision that by all right should be made and would be made if our owner was a Type A personality. I'll tolerate the consequences of a reclusive owner like the Allens than those of an active owner like Jones or Snyder.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Dont forget the Vulcan also own the Sounders and they are very much linked to the Seahawks through sharing Lumen Field and other crossovers.

I think Vulcan would sell the lot if they were serious about not being involved in sports any more. I just dont see that happening anytime soon.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":yawew0i8 said:
Dont forget the Vulcan also own the Sounders and they are very much linked to the Seahawks through sharing Lumen Field and other crossovers.

I think Vulcan would sell the lot if they were serious about not being involved in sports any more. I just dont see that happening anytime soon.

Vulcan doesn't own the Sounders, they're a minority interest along with about 10 other people and companies.

Adrian Hanauer is still the majority owner and controls all of what you're talking about.

So I'm no expert in pro sports franchise ownership, but I can almost guarantee you if Jody Allen wanted to sell the Seahawks, it could easily be separated out of her and Vulcan's Sports and Entertainment ownership umbrella.

IMO this is a moot conversation anyway, as Jody Allen would be insane to sell an appreciating asset like an NFL team. So the question is does the brass at Vulcan have to sway and influence to decide for her on something like firing Pete, etc.

I do think she'd listen to the council of people like Chuck Arnold and Chris McGowan. But right below them is Schneider and Pete, so it's not a simple equation.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":7xb7ufjf said:
UK_Seahawk":7xb7ufjf said:

Vulcan doesn't own the Sounders, they're a minority interest along with about 10 other people and companies.

Adrian Hanauer is still the majority owner and controls all of what you're talking about.

So I'm no expert in pro sports franchise ownership, but I can almost guarantee you if Jody Allen wanted to sell the Seahawks, it could easily be separated out of her and Vulcan's Sports and Entertainment ownership umbrella.

IMO this is a moot conversation anyway, as Jody Allen would be insane to sell an appreciating asset like an NFL team. So the question is does the brass at Vulcan have to sway and influence to decide for her on something like firing Pete, etc.

I do think she'd listen to the council of people like Chuck Arnold and Chris McGowan. But right below them is Schneider and Pete, so it's not a simple equation.

I appreciate the correction.

As an aside it looks to be an interesting ownership structure the Sounders have.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":ed6g2iqy said:
Sgt. Largent":ed6g2iqy said:
UK_Seahawk":ed6g2iqy said:

I appreciate the correction.

As an aside it looks to be an interesting ownership structure the Sounders have.

Ha, yes MLS clubs are shall we say, a little more casual about ownership groups.

You have a couple million to give us? C'MON IN THERE'S PLENTY OF ROOM THE MORE THE MERRIER!!

xray

Reaction score
She has unconditional love and devotion for Pete Carroll . Is that a problem ?

LTH

Reaction score
xray":1s3zi7gx said:

It seems that makes her a crappy owner to all the Pete haters..

LTH

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
LTH":1f5vntyj said:
xray":1f5vntyj said:

It seems that makes her a crappy owner to all the Pete haters..

LTH
LTH, what’s your take on Carroll?

Can he still get us another Super Bowl?

Many here do not believe so.

Winning and being at .500 may be enough for some fans but many here see .500 is the ceiling now and do not believe Carroll has what it takes to ascend.

I get it, people believe .500 ball is better than the Ken Behring years but ,500 ball isn’t enough for other fans.

I want more and I’m willing to chance it with another coach to get it.

Just my thoughts.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
.500 ball? Are you insane?

Pete is 112-63-1 with the Seahawks. This is .636.

(Actually current numbers with this season is 113 65 1 .634)

Because of his years with the Patriots and Jets his career numbers aren't as good, but he is still top ten in career wins vs. other active NFL coaches.

Sean McVay .687
Bill Belichick .671
Mike Tomlin .645
Sean Payton .639
Andy Reid .627
John Harbaugh .621
Mike Vrabel .608
Bruce Arians .604
Pete Carroll. 603

BocciHawk

Reaction score
If you are speaking of regular season records, let's look back:

2020 12-4
2019 11-5
2018 10-6
2017 9-7
2016 10-5-1
2015 10-6
2014 12-4
2013 13-3
2012 11-5
2011 7-9
2010 7-9

Takeaways. First, the teams record basically went up and up and up from the start. Second, we haven't had a .500 or worse season for nine seasons. Third, if the argument is that Carroll is old and tired and getting worse, well, each season for the last three years they've done better than the previous season.

In short, pfft at any concept that Carroll = .500 ball, or that he's somehow "lost it".

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Bezos can never own the Seahawks. I could live with Gates because i know he'll never move them. Bezos is a snake.