Is the season in jeoparday? (poll)

Will the NFL season be finished?

• Yes, the season will finish.

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • No, the NFL season will be cancelled.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, the season will be finished, but under a changed rule-set such as a shortened season or bubble

Votes: 23 43.4%

• Total voters
W

Welshers

Coronavirus is uprooting the league right now. I don't mean for this to be political, so let's just keep it to what's going on in the league and the implication it could have for the Seahawks

-All 3 Broncos QBs just tested positive and are out vs. Saints
-49ers told they can't play in Santa Clara because of COVID restrictions
-Steelers-Ravens game keeps getting delayed. First Lamar and Ravens RB core gets it, then Steelers RB Conor. 18 members of the Ravens have COVID.

I am afraid the wheels could be coming off the season. But I imagine the league will push to finish no matter what, even if it has to shorten the regular season. We could be looking at several things that effect the Seahawks:

-If the postseason goes bubble mode, home field advantage will matter even less this year. Get in you can win it all.
-If other teams keep losing players come playoff time, they aren't going to be able to delay games. People will have to play with whoever they have.

This could be advantageous to the Hawks because we are the ONLY team in the league to have 0 infections from top to bottom, practice squad and staff included. If we stay without COVID and come up against COVID decimated teams in the playoffs we could have an advantage.

Please note I am NOT hoping anyone gets COVID. On the contrary, I hope everyone stays healthy so there's no "asterisk" talk about this season. But it's definitely a fact that COVID can end up giving teams, including us, an advantage. The Ravens playing without Lamar and Denver without a QB can attest to that...

What does everyone think? Is the season in jeopardy of being cancelled?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Everything will be fine. Everyone just chill out.

The NFL would be wise to just postpone all games by a week or two while this all gets sorted out.

And while it's great the Hawks have been Covid free all season, it's a bit tasteless (No pun intended) to suggest it would be a benefit to play a Covid decimated team.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1xw0yk7n said:
And while it's great the Hawks have been Covid free all season, it's a bit tasteless (No pun intended) to suggest it would be a benefit to play a Covid decimated team.
Tasteless would be hoping for players on all the other teams to get it while we don't. Pointing out that it has been advantageous that we haven't had any yet is just providing a fact. Don't get your panties in a bunch unnecessarily.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2a9izx2l said:
Jerhawk":2a9izx2l said:
Tasteless would be hoping for players on all the other teams to get it while we don't. Pointing out that it has been advantageous that we haven't had any yet is just providing a fact. Don't get your panties in a bunch unnecessarily.

Whatever Dark Tower. He basically was implying that.

He said this: "If we stay without COVID and come up against COVID decimated teams in the playoffs we could have an advantage."

Call me a sensitive baby all you want. I guess I am. That's just how I took it.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Jerhawk":1vfafnuy said:
RolandDeschain":1vfafnuy said:
Jerhawk":1vfafnuy said:

Whatever. He basically was implying that.

He said this: "If we stay without COVID and come up against COVID decimated teams in the playoffs we could have an advantage."

Call me a sensitive baby all you want. I guess I am. That's just how I took it.
No, I wasn't implying that I want it to happen at all. On the contrary, I hope everyone stays healthy so there's no "asterisk" talk if we make a run. But it's a fact we may have an advantage because of this. But I think you also need to give credit for the organization to that. Statistically we have handled the situation better than every other team. The Broncos have had some serious managerial and coaching issues to allow the whole QB staff near an infected guy who isn't wearing a mask.

Regardless, no I am not wanting us to benefit from COVID. But I do believe it's just a fact we could have an advantage. That's one of the implications of what's going on. Though I think it is a well earned advantage because of how well we handled the situation. But I'm not rooting for anyone to get sick. You can trust in that. There are lots of things that can happen here. Including, as you said, everything being pushed back a couple weeks. Which then brings up the whole new aspect of not playing and injury implications, etc. The teams with byes could even be looking at sitting out a month depending on what happens.

Again, I'm not rooting for anyone to get sick. As Roland said, I am just looking at facts here.

Is it any different then acknowledging we are at an advantage when playing an injury decimated team like the 49ers? No, it's just true.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Ok I appreciate you clearing that up.

Ive been seduced by cancel culture. I sincerely apologize for this mis-step tonight .Net.

I will take a leave of absence from the site and hang my head in shame.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Let’s just shut it down and crown the Hawks Super Bowl Covid champs! :2thumbs:
Super Bowl Parade will be held once the vaccine is given to everyone!

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Jerhawk":zwpiantt said:
Ok I appreciate you clearing that up.

Ive been seduced by cancel culture. I sincerely apologize for this mis-step tonight .Net.

I will take a leave of absence from the site and hang my head in shame.
No worries man! I totally understand where you are coming from. I can see how I came across that way. Politics aside, the most important thing to me throughout this pandemic is that everyone stays safe and healthy. That comes before sports.

Always appreciate your posts Jerhawk!

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
The season has been in jeopardy since the very first kickoff. I am extremely surprised that we've made it this deep into the season. Specifically because of how much of a logistical nightmare it is managing 32 teams each with 100's of roster/staff personnel spread out across the US.
Baltimores SC coach is a certified punk too and there should be NO WAY for him to still be employed in the league. He must have secret recordings of someone.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Jerhawk":22xnf42x said:
Everything will be fine. Everyone just chill out.

The NFL would be wise to just postpone all games by a week or two while this all gets sorted out.

The problem with canceling all games for a week or two is then teams have less control over their players. If you could guarantee that teams from top to bottom would all quarantine then yes it could be a good idea. But teams are filled with lots of 20 somethings that can’t or won’t keep to themselves.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Im not sure any of this matters. Yes covid is a concern, but so far has there been any major sport athletes who have died from it that are currently playing? Not one in any pro sport who is healthy with or without preexisting conditions. It is all precaution. Even the players who were put on the list in season have since returned. Except for the players who began the season opting out. It will be fine. Baseball has already proven this.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":xsr8znm8 said:
Jerhawk":xsr8znm8 said:

His panties arent in a bunch. You twisted his words to how you percieved it instead of the actual words he said. No one was jumping overboard.

sutz

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2tp2u56x said:
The season has been in jeopardy since the very first kickoff. I am extremely surprised that we've made it this deep into the season. Specifically because of how much of a logistical nightmare it is managing 32 teams each with 100's of roster/staff personnel spread out across the US.
Baltimores SC coach is a certified punk too and there should be NO WAY for him to still be employed in the league. He must have secret recordings of someone.
With you, I'm surprised it's gone this far with only minor glitches. With the surge in the general population, it's not surprising that some teams are getting hit. Let's hope the players who test positive don't have serious or lasting effects. Would be a helluva way for a kid to lose their career.

I'd say the season is in some jeapardy, and I would be surprised if they don't have to make some tweaks to the schedule. But I assume they will finish in some fashion.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":749e052y said:
His panties arent in a bunch. You twisted his words to how you percieved it instead of the actual words he said. No one was jumping overboard.
I didn't twist anything. Read through all the replies again, the person he originally replied to even clarified further for him. It's crazy how much people interpret things how they want to interpret them...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I feel like we've had this question/poll posted multiple times this year.....people keep predicting doom and gloom. I remember multiple people saying when Cam Newton tested positive THE SEASON WAS OVER!!! lol

The NFL has made it this far, they will find a way to finish even if they have to get creative. Just like they have all year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Regardless of fans in the Stands the season will go on, too much TV revenue, second the NFL has committed now, they will find a way even with replacement players if they have too.

Denver were idiots, most teams have a reserve QB stashed, they do not, teams that break protocols like the Ravens are going to be held accountable also. Unlike many aspects where you can't fix stupid the NFL can fine for Stupid which they will do.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Too much money to be lost...they will play! Its not like the vid has killed any of the players

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I didn't think this needed a new thread but I hope the Hawks are keeping Geno away from Russ or do they have a QB on the PR that's away from everyone. Yeah we are screwed without Russ but I would still prefer an actual QB to having to do what Denver has to do today. After watching what happened to Denver, there is no reason for any team to not take precautions to avoid that same situation.