Is the NFL steering games

• Yes

Votes: 90 76.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 23.7%

• Total voters

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It shouldn't be that difficult to prove. Offer a massive incentive for any referee willing to testify.

That said, I'm not an attorney either, so I'm just shooting from the hip, too.

djb28

Reaction score

warden

Reaction score
One way to steer a game is go to the officials with game tape and tell them see what this team is doing, you need to be calling that. Then comes the game and the refs calls are completely lopsided because they are too busy focusing on what their boss told them to do

warden

Reaction score
It shouldn't be that difficult to prove. Offer a massive incentive for any referee willing to testify.

That said, I'm not an attorney either, so I'm just shooting from the hip, too.
Testify on what. It is perfectly legal for an entertainment company to have a pre determined outcome.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Testify on what. It is perfectly legal for an entertainment company to have a pre determined outcome.

Criminally, yes, but is there not grounds for a civil suit if people are gambling on it under the pretense that the NFL is not pre-determining the outcomes?

warden

Reaction score
Rewatch Super Bowl XL and try to tell me that game was not steered

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Criminally, yes, but is there not grounds for a civil suit if people are gambling on it under the pretense that the NFL is not pre-determining the outcomes?
I mean, companies lie all the time. When's the last time you got a Big Mac that looked anywhere near as big or fresh or delicious as what they show on the ads? Stop being contrarian for the sake of it, I refuse to believe you're this obtuse.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I mean, companies lie all the time. When's the last time you got a Big Mac that looked anywhere near as big or fresh or delicious as what they show on the ads? Stop being contrarian for the sake of it, I refuse to believe you're this obtuse.

The guy who's saying there isn't a conspiracy theory is now the contrarian? Come on...

I think it's obtuse to think that there wouldn't be some sort of criminal, or at the very least civil penalty for rigging games.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Here we go again. This massive conspiracy theory, but nobody, not one person, has ever come forward with any credibility to show any proof whatsoever. Refs are human, they make tons of mistakes, especially at the speed that this game is played. You would make the same mistakes if you were put in that position. I mean on the field without 17 different camera, angles, and slow motion to show you after the fact. Sorry but to me it’s one of the most ridiculous topics that is somewhat consistently discussed on this board.
Fair but….

If that’s the case (it’s only human error) then why don’t the fix the bad calls while the game is still in progress?

I get it, it would make the games 15 minutes longer but….

Almost every NFL fan would suffer through the stoppages if it meant that the correct calls were made.

It’s an easy fix, they already have a crew in NY NY for every game.
The whole world sees the bad calls, there is zero reason the NY crew can’t make the corrections.

I have to assume they don’t want to fix anything, oh wait maybe that want to “fix” something it’s just not the problem we are discussing.

Make the refs full time NFL employees and treat them as any employee gets treated when they make the same mistake over and over.
Hold refs accountable for crying out loud.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Bye, Hawkstorian. Might want to read this on your way out, though.

Godsakes .... none of those examples are in the NFL ... and all of them have been well documented and dealt with. 1919 Blacksox? Really? If you have any actual reason to believe an NFL game has been influenced by the league, refs or gambling influences, please provide that evidence.

Sometimes refs are just incompetent and your team loses. It sucks but is in on way a conspiracy.

75% of the people here actually buy into this. Un-*******-believable.

Bye.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Godsakes .... none of those examples are in the NFL ... and all of them have been well documented and dealt with. 1919 Blacksox? Really? If you have any actual reason to believe an NFL game has been influenced by the league, refs or gambling influences, please provide that evidence.

Sometimes refs are just incompetent and your team loses. It sucks but is in on way a conspiracy.

75% of the people here actually buy into this. Un-*******-believable.

Bye.
I think you're out of touch with the kind of shady $h1t that actually happens in the world of big business with billions of dollars at stake.

NoGain

Reaction score
I voted yes, but I think they tend to do it in all sorts of subtle ways.