Is the NFL steering games

• Yes

Votes: 90 76.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 23.7%

• Total voters

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Then you are saying ref two lied. If he had a good look at what was an actual face mask he couldn’t say it wasn’t. In your scenario ref two is lying to ref 1 and is steering the game for some reason. Either he didn’t see it well and he lied about that to get the call reversed or he saw the face mask and lied about that.

Or he actualky thought he had a better look at it, and convinced ref 1 to agree. There doesn't need to be a steering motive for this to occur.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Lol ok dude, keep deluding yourself. The entire stadium, everyone watching, and even the defender knew it was obvious in real time, it was not close.

I'm not arguing if it was a missed call. I'm explaining why the call reasonably could have been missed.

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
I'm not arguing if it was a missed call. I'm explaining why the call reasonably could have been missed.
And I'm saying there is no reasonable way to miss that unless the ref had his back turned. The receiver was hit helmet to helmet and the ball was 6+ ft away from him.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was just talking to my girl about this. She asked me the same question.

100% yes, the NFL is steering games. Now, I don't suggest every ref "is in on it", nor the players or coaches. However, after watching the NFL now for what, (dating myself here) 47 years now, I can honestly answer yes.

I have researched the UFO/UAP phenomenon for 35 years. When people ask me if the government is hiding the truth about UFOs I say yes, but it's the same thing with the NFL. That doesn't mean every employee or official is aware of what's going on. Hardly. In fact, it is so compartmentalized that usually not one person knows the truth of what's going on. That's on purpose. Not even the president of the United States knows exactly what is going on.

Now before you adorn me with a tin foil hat, you have to consider how much money is involved with this league. There is no way in Hell you can convince me there's zero steering in the NFL. That ship has long left the port. As Seahawks fans, all I have to say is "Super Bowl 40" and you feel me.

Even the late Bill Leavy, head ref of SB40* admitted he lost sleep over the calls in that game. Unprecedented.

So yes Anastasia, steering is a real thing. Nobody, and I mean nobody, will ever convince me otherwise.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I doubt it is intentional. But that was the worst officiated game I've seen in a long time.
Long time?, "No team in NFL History had EVER had 125+ Penalty yards in a game without punting".
Yesterdays Flag Football Game was the FIRST ONE EVER.
I kind of feel sorry for the poor bastages, I'll bet the Refs are at home right now with ice packs on their shoulders.

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score

100% yes, the NFL is steering games. Now, I don't suggest every ref "is in on it", nor the players or coaches. However, after watching the NFL now for what, (dating myself here) 47 years now, I can honestly answer yes.

I have researched the UFO/UAP phenomenon for 35 years. When people ask me if the government is hiding the truth about UFOs I say yes, but it's the same thing with the NFL. That doesn't mean every employee or official is aware of what's going on. Hardly. In fact, it is so compartmentalized that usually not one person knows the truth of what's going on. That's on purpose. Not even the president of the United States knows exactly what is going on.

Now before you adorn me with a tin foil hat, you have to consider how much money is involved with this league. There is no way in Hell you can convince me there's zero steering in the NFL. That ship has long left the port. As Seahawks fans, all I have to say is "Super Bowl 40" and you feel me.

Even the late Bill Leavy, head ref of SB40* admitted he lost sleep over the calls in that game. Unprecedented.

So yes Anastasia, steering is a real thing. Nobody, and I mean nobody, will ever convince me otherwise.

There's countless examples of this throughout modern history alone. It's funny hearing people say conspiracy theorist and pretend like we don't have corruption in the world wherever big money is involved.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
There's countless examples of this throughout modern history alone. It's funny hearing people say conspiracy theorist and pretend like we don't have corruption in the world wherever big money is involved.
Good thing you’re so woke to it all.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
It's obvious unless you bury your head in the sand. Some people are afraid of reality and choose to be willfully ignorant
Well I’m glad you’re so brave to accept your reality and so bigly smart to see through it all.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
I doubt it is intentional. But that was the worst officiated game I've seen in a long time.
I watch a lot of football, this kind of game is happening every week with I would estimate at least 50% of the games. I also find it odd that the majority of the calls are non reviewable with few exceptions. For instance the Rams/Steelers game, picket was obviously short of a try to make 1st down run. Refs gave him the 1st, even though its reviewable McVay couldn't challenge it because he was out of time outs and refs knew it.

Bring back instant replay, I personally don't care if it makes the game longer. Hire professional refs and fine them like the players when they screw up.

Speaking of fining players, theres an average of 90 players per week fined with fines averaging 10k. Thats a million a week in the NFLs pocket.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Ref who throws flag: "I saw a facemask"

Another ref comes in: "I had a good look at it, And I don't think it was a face mask."

Ref who throws flag: "I'll defer to your judgment. Let's pick up the flag"
I mean like yeah man, it would be kind of crappy to call a major penalty on a COWBOY and chance them losing the game because of a blatant face mask penalty, I mean God forbid we do the right thing.
The flag came out because a ref saw the pulling on the face mask, There is no REASONABLE EXCUSE for picking up the flag and pretending he didn't see it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score

Since that SB I never have trusted the refs to call a fair game-It was that bad.

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
Well I’m glad you’re so brave to accept your reality and so bigly smart to see through it all.
Don't worry, maybe some day you'll accept the reality of the world outside your mother's womb

kidhawk

Reaction score
Or he actualky thought he had a better look at it, and convinced ref 1 to agree. There doesn't need to be a steering motive for this to occur.
If that is true then he shouldn’t be an official. I’ve officiated kids games and even I know that I’ve either seen something or not seen something. I don’t expect refs to see everything but if you override someone who did see it you better be 100% sure and since last night we saw them overturn a blatant facemask there’s no way that’s possible.

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
No. And to think this is ridiculous.

It's in the interest of the NFL for every team to win a Super Bowl. Not specic teams.

There is a reason why the salary cap and profit sharing exist. It's to level the playing field so that every fan base feels they have a shot at the Lombardi.

If the Arizona Cardinals started winning Lombardis then you wouldn't see so many opposing team jerseys in the stadium on Sunday.

32 winning franchises means more 💰 for the NFL.

Why do you think the NFL is trying to expand to Europe? 💰.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

It's in the interest of the NFL for every team to win a Super Bowl. Not specic teams.

There is a reason why the salary cap and profit sharing exist. It's to level the playing field so that every fan base feels they have a shot at the Lombardi.

If the Arizona Cardinals started winning Lombardis then you wouldn't see so many opposing team jerseys in the stadium on Sunday.

Oh you sweet, sweet, deluded human being. You're charming.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Don't worry, maybe some day you'll accept the reality of the world outside your mother's womb
There you go, such sharp wit to go with all your bigly smarts.

Only you see the truth…

only a real one brings another persons mother into a discussion.

kidhawk

Reaction score

So you believe the NFL wants all the teams to be competitive yet you don’t believe they would use officials to help them reach that goal? Seems naive