Is the season in jeoparday? (poll)

Will the NFL season be finished?

• Yes, the season will finish.

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • No, the NFL season will be cancelled.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, the season will be finished, but under a changed rule-set such as a shortened season or bubble

Votes: 23 43.4%

• Total voters

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Welshers":1fdh3krk said:
Coronavirus is uprooting the league right now. I don't mean for this to be political, so let's just keep it to what's going on in the league and the implication it could have for the Seahawks

-All 3 Broncos QBs just tested positive and are out vs. Saints
-49ers told they can't play in Santa Clara because of COVID restrictions
-Steelers-Ravens game keeps getting delayed. First Lamar and Ravens RB core gets it, then Steelers RB Conor. 18 members of the Ravens have COVID.

I am afraid the wheels could be coming off the season. But I imagine the league will push to finish no matter what, even if it has to shorten the regular season. We could be looking at several things that effect the Seahawks:

-If the postseason goes bubble mode, home field advantage will matter even less this year. Get in you can win it all.
-If other teams keep losing players come playoff time, they aren't going to be able to delay games. People will have to play with whoever they have.

This could be advantageous to the Hawks because we are the ONLY team in the league to have 0 infections from top to bottom, practice squad and staff included. If we stay without COVID and come up against COVID decimated teams in the playoffs we could have an advantage.

Please note I am NOT hoping anyone gets COVID. On the contrary, I hope everyone stays healthy so there's no "asterisk" talk about this season. But it's definitely a fact that COVID can end up giving teams, including us, an advantage. The Ravens playing without Lamar and Denver without a QB can attest to that...

What does everyone think? Is the season in jeopardy of being cancelled?

I think it will finish with a few schedule changes. I actually liked how they handled the Denver QB situation. If you can't follow the rules, then your people won't play. I could be wrong, but it seems like they actually have decent-ish protocols around the whole thing. Now, a post-thanksgiving spike could prove me wrong - which is a real possibility.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3i12lt9m said:
I didn't think this needed a new thread but I hope the Hawks are keeping Geno away from Russ or do they have a QB on the PR that's away from everyone. Yeah we are screwed without Russ but I would still prefer an actual QB to having to do what Denver has to do today. After watching what happened to Denver, there is no reason for any team to not take precautions to avoid that same situation.

They just need to wear a mask..