Is the NFL steering games

• Yes

Votes: 90 76.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 23.7%

• Total voters

cymatica

Reaction score
Doesn't necessarily mean they have every game predetermined, but at this point it seems pretty obvious certain teams are helped in certain games with ticky tack calls at key moments and turning a blind eye to obvious fouls.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Too much money being made in Vegas not to be. Doubt there’s a Tim Donaghy level scheme but working certain metrics I’m sure is happening. Very subtle penalties can derail drives, when everyone agrees holding can probably be called on most plays but isn’t, that gives them deniability. Momentum shifting penalties like 50/50 ball PI’s happen all the time now too.

seabowl

Reaction score
Here we go again. This massive conspiracy theory, but nobody, not one person, has ever come forward with any credibility to show any proof whatsoever. Refs are human, they make tons of mistakes, especially at the speed that this game is played. You would make the same mistakes if you were put in that position. I mean on the field without 17 different camera, angles, and slow motion to show you after the fact. Sorry but to me it’s one of the most ridiculous topics that is somewhat consistently discussed on this board.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
If AI hasn't replaced refs within 3 years it means the NFL would rather make money steering games. I'm glad I didn't watch the whole thing, even if Seattle had a better record, this product is horse shit.

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
Here we go again. This massive conspiracy theory, but nobody, not one person, has ever come forward with any credibility to show any proof whatsoever. Refs are human, they make tons of mistakes, especially at the speed that this game is played. You would make the same mistakes if you were put in that position. I mean on the field without 17 different camera, angles, and slow motion to show you after the fact. Sorry but to me it’s one of the most ridiculous topics that is somewhat consistently discussed on this board.
So you are saying the no PI call in the Rams Saints playoff game, the call that introduced PI challenges, was just a mistake? If you can't see something that obvious right in front of your face, then no amount of proof will convince you

Reactions: LTH