Is it louder in the stands or on the field

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I've sat in different areas of the stadium, from the top row of the upper bowl to sideline seats in the lower bowl. The noise is exponentially louder closer to the field. I can't imagine what it's like to be in the center of the field.

DoubleTrouble

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to actually be on the field when they raised the 12th man flag and I can attest to how loud it is on the field. It seems to completely engulf you and there is no where to turn to get away from it! It was so cool and so loud!! Go Hawks!!

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, section 109 here, when it really gets going, you can't hear the person next to you, and I've felt nauseous and disoriented from the sound, it's that powerful.

OlyHawk

Reaction score
Agree with Section 109 being very loud. One line conversations are almost impossible except during timeouts. My friend's wife was nauseated the last game, she thinks it's from the constant roar. I recommend ear plugs and a makeshift bullhorn!
Getting ready to go to work on Saturday, it's what the 12th man does at games.

Subzero717

Reaction score
This was actually on a short sports science yesterday. Its all directed at the field from the "clam shell" roof, plus the end zones. They eluded to Hawks Nest being the loudest due to the aluminum bleachers.