The younger generation doesn’t understand how good we had it…

warden

Reaction score
…the last 14 years.

I will tell you about one game in 1996. This is in the last season before Berhing packed the trucks to attempt to move the Seahawks to LA. It was a time where we were horrendous for quite a few years.

The Green Bay Packers came to town. Mike Holmgren, Bret Farve , Reggie White and company. It was the year the Packers went on to win the Super Bowl.

The game was played in the Kingdome. The crowd was at least eighty percent grew and gold. Cortez Kennedy looked up into the crowd saw all the Green and Gold and called that moment the lowest point of his hall of fame career.

It was Rick Mirer,s final start for the Seahawks. The game did not go well for Mirer. By early third quarter he had thrown for three interceptions and had personally lost two fumbles to the Parkers. He was pulled in the third quarter for Frieze. Frieze got hurt and when the Green and Gold crowd saw that Mirer was coming back into the game to replace Frieze, they gave him a standing ovation. That is how pathetic his play was.

The very worst part was how poorly the Packer fans treated the few Seahawk fans in attendance. Remember this game was in the Kingdome, in Seattle. All game long my wife and I had things thrown at us just because we wore Seahawk jerseys. I witnessed at least two dozen people get the crap completely beat out of them just because they wore Seahawk jerseys. It was the most despicable game I have attended and I have been to hundreds of games.

So when I hear fans complain about, Pete’s 14 years, that brought us a Super Bowl, 11 winning seasons, ten double digit wining season and more playoff appearances then all the other coaches in Seahawk history combined, I see a bunch of fans that are spoiled and just don’t know any better.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I will tell you about one game in 1996. This is in the last season before Berhing packed the trucks to attempt to move the Seahawks to LA. It was a time where we were horrendous for quite a few years.

The Green Bay Packers came to town. Mike Holmgren, Bret Farve , Reggie White and company. It was the year the Packers went on to win the Super Bowl.

The game was played in the Kingdome. The crowd was at least eighty percent grew and gold. Cortez Kennedy looked up into the crowd saw all the Green and Gold and called that moment the lowest point of his hall of fame career.

It was Rick Mirer,s final start for the Seahawks. The game did not go well for Mirer. By early third quarter he had thrown for three interceptions and had personally lost two fumbles to the Parkers. He was pulled in the third quarter for Frieze. Frieze got hurt and when the Green and Gold crowd saw that Mirer was coming back into the game to replace Frieze, they gave him a standing ovation. That is how pathetic his play was.

The very worst part was how poorly the Packer fans treated the few Seahawk fans in attendance. Remember this game was in the Kingdome, in Seattle. All game long my wife and I had things thrown at us just because we wore Seahawk jerseys. I witnessed at least two dozen people get the crap completely beat out of them just because they wore Seahawk jerseys. It was the most despicable game I have attended and I have been to hundreds of games.

So when I hear fans complain about, Pete’s 14 years, that brought us a Super Bowl, 11 winning seasons, ten double digit wining season and more playoff appearances then all the other coaches in Seahawk history combined, I see a bunch of fans that are spoiled and just don’t know any better.
I was at that game. It was awful. Wife and I went with her asshole packer loving brother and his wife. Packer fans on the way out were obnoxious and rude. People were saying to him that he now owned me.
I’ve been to home Seahawks games where they’ve lost. Games they lost that could have been won with a break here or there. Games where they have been blown out.

That game in the Kingdome was the worst among the worst. Thanks for dredging up that old bad memory.

As much as I don’t like our division foes, it’s the packers and their fans that are number one on my least favorite teams list. In large part due to my asshole brother in law. That game was the topping on the cake for me.

Will forever be thankful for the Pete Carroll era of Seahawks football. The fail Mary game comes to mind. At the conclusion of that game I had a neighbor who thought someone was being harmed in my house with all the yelling and screaming. Suck it packers.

OP
OP
W

warden

Reaction score
Oldhawksfan

I do remember Woodson laying out Brooks with a nasty nasty hit in that game

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I didn’t become a Season Ticket Holder where I attended every home game until a year later in 1997. Glad I missed it. Sounds like some really douchey asshat fans for sure.

Which is ironic because I went to Lambeau in 1999 for the Monday Night game, Holmgren’s first return since becoming the Seahawks Head Coach and frankly they were some of the coolest people I met.

Super friendly to us Seahawks fans. Minus one very drunk biker dude, they were extremely cool. Sounds to me that those traveling Packers fans were the outliers.

We lived through those awful 90s teams. The younger fans have zero clue about real suffering lol.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
The Seahawks were at least fun to watch in those days. Pete's 1920's brand of football is boring to watch, no matter how much success you have.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yep, I had to get season's tickets b/c the games were often blacked out where I lived in the 90's.

The Hawks were awful but there were a few like Tez, Sam Adams, and a few others that made them worth watching. The cast-off coaches cycled through Seattle and the team simply was terrible.

Behring was poison. Paul Allen saved the team for us and for that I will always be grateful. I hope he can see the Hawks rise again.

The young guys simply don't realize how good the team was comparatively with Holmgren and Carroll to the teams of the early years of the Seahawks. Sometimes they frustrated many of us beyond belief and I personally put a remote through the screen of two TVs with their patented 4th Q swoons.

Patience will be needed with this new coaching staff but the team has some solid young talent.

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
Yep, I had to get season's tickets b/c the games were often blacked out where I lived in the 90's.

The Hawks were awful but there were a few like Tez, Sam Adams, and a few others that made them worth watching. The cast-off coaches cycled through Seattle and the team simply was terrible.

Behring was poison. Paul Allen saved the team for us and for that I will always be grateful. I hope he can see the Hawks rise again.

The young guys simply don't realize how good the team was comparatively with Holmgren and Carroll to the teams of the early years of the Seahawks. Sometimes they frustrated many of us beyond belief and I personally put a remote through the screen of two TVs with their patented 4th Q swoons.

Patience will be needed with this new coaching staff but the team has some solid young talent.
Don't forget, Knox had a few good years there in the 80's.

Maulbert

Reaction score
The Seahawks were at least fun to watch in those days. Pete's 1920's brand of football is boring to watch, no matter how much success you have.
This might be the single stupidest thing I have ever read on here from a purported Seahawks fan. Your opinions are bad, and you should feel bad.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I didn’t become a Season Ticket Holder where I attended every home game until a year later in 1997. Glad I missed it. Sounds like some really douchey asshat fans for sure.

Which is ironic because I went to Lambeau in 1999 for the Monday Night game, Holmgren’s first return since becoming the Seahawks Head Coach and frankly they were some of the coolest people I met.

Super friendly to us Seahawks fans. Minus one very drunk biker dude, they were extremely cool. Sounds to me that those traveling Packers fans were the outliers.

We lived through those awful 90s teams. The younger fans have zero clue about real suffering lol.
Wasn't at the above mentioned game (was a young fan who only casually followed the Seahawks at the time), but what I have noticed is a lot of 'enemy fans' at the games for teams who aren't doing well aren't actually travelling fans, they're bandwagon fans who live in the area.

I'd bet a lot of these A-Hole GB fans warden was describing were probably jerks from Western WA.

What's funny is that I used to hate Green Bay almost as passionately as the Rams and Niners, but since Aaron Rodgers and McCarthy are gone, I really don't have that much hate for them. (Now that A-a-ron is on the Jets, you'd think I'd hate them, but I find that team more depressing than anything else. Listening to the local radio around here from last off-season to this one and the turn around on Saleh is pretty hilarious.)

bigcc

Reaction score
This might be the single stupidest thing I have ever read on here from a purported Seahawks fan. Your opinions are bad, and you should feel bad.
Games like beast quake and a.
.606 win percentage, boring ass old man 🙄

The biggest negative about Pete carroll was bringing in all the bandwagon fans, we're still infested sadly

DirectMessage

Reaction score
🤷. Do I get an award for the stupidest comment ever posted? 😂. If anybody knew what they were talking about on this board they would be working in the NFL. It's a pretty common opinion that Pete ball is boring to watch.

bigcc

Reaction score
🤷. Do I get an award for the stupidest comment ever posted? 😂. If anybody knew what they were talking about on this board they would be working in the NFL. It's a pretty common opinion that Pete ball is boring to watch.
What exactly is Pete ball.

Geno threw for more ypg than Herbert, burrow, baker, lamar, hurts, Carr

Feel free to elaborate on how he was too run heavy or whatever though, despite having a pro bowl qb nearly every year he was HC here.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
What exactly is Pete ball.

Geno threw for more ypg than Herbert, burrow, baker, lamar, hurts, Carr

Feel free to elaborate on how he was too run heavy or whatever though, despite having a pro bowl qb nearly every year he was HC here.
Low scoring defensive games, run heavy, shot down the field every once in awhile. That's what Pete tried for, doesn't mean they didn't score points. It's a boring brand of football. Anyone would rather watch the Pats, Rams, or Chiefs style of football.