Is it fair to whine about the refs this time?

253hawk

Reaction score
My favorite was when they were announcing a holding penalty before the play was even over.

5_Golden_Rings":2vo0edob said:
Crizilla":2vo0edob said:
I’ll give you a bs call: the unsportsmanlike penalty on Wilson. He wasn’t even looking at the Seahawks player. Looked like he was just tossing it up thinking a ref was going to catch it.

Intent doesn't matter, he still hit a player in the face with the ball. You want the refs to start assuming intent? Please...

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
253hawk":3rjk27bi said:
My favorite was when they were announcing a holding penalty before the play was even over.
Wasn’t that play already blown dead?

253hawk

Reaction score
No, he wasn't even on the ground yet and the ref was already on the PA.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Really? Look closely at the game and you'll see a number of bad calls on us! Pass Interference, Holding Calls, just poor calls that if you don't want to doubt the Ref's a person can say the call could go either way.... These Refs were Horrible, and possibly worse than that! However, we should have never ended up allowing the Refs to control the outcome of the game at the end. Should have never missed the Extra Point and we would have won...

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
253hawk":1gkl7rgb said:

5_Golden_Rings":1gkl7rgb said:
Crizilla":1gkl7rgb said:
I’ll give you a bs call: the unsportsmanlike penalty on Wilson. He wasn’t even looking at the Seahawks player. Looked like he was just tossing it up thinking a ref was going to catch it.

Intent doesn't matter, he still hit a player in the face with the ball. You want the refs to start assuming intent? Please...
That was awesome. Camera still following the play and the White hat is already on the mic. That tells you all you need to know really

Smellyman

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/1074464889115074560[/tweet]

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":19xw9kes said:
253hawk":19xw9kes said:

5_Golden_Rings":19xw9kes said:
Crizilla":19xw9kes said:

That was awesome. Camera still following the play and the White hat is already on the mic. That tells you all you need to know really

Not only that, but by doing that they take away the possibility of an offsetting foul by the D. If there were to be a face mask at the end of that run, then what?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":14wmypmb said:
knownone":14wmypmb said:
I mean, they had 6-8 calls against us on the last 3 drives. It's fair to assume they played a significant role in the outcome of the game.

Then don't hold.

Everyone holds in this league. Are you trying to tell me the OL just suddenly woke up and said, "we can't block anyone legally anymore." 7 Holding penalties when we only got one against the Vikings the week before? The players didn't change. The DL was arguably fiercer last week. Only difference was the reffing crew.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Smellyman":zy2dtfhp said:

148 yards, and just brutal/suspicious timing down the stretch.

Niner fans, just accept the gift and move on. We get them sometimes too. There is no defending what happened today. None.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The officiating was hot garbage and it's dumb to defend it just to virtue signal to other people that you're a "reasonable" fan. No play or call is ever the single reason that teams win or lose games but that doesn't mean you can't have an opinion.

The weather made a big impact and I don't love that a team based in Seattle consistently struggles in the rain and on grass. Then again, Seattle drivers are awful in the rain too for some reason. Good luck to the ground crew at Levi's stadium trying to get that garbage field ready for another home game next Sunday.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I thought that timely PI on Griffen was complete BS and gave them the first down.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Hawkpower":vg6kufef said:
Smellyman":vg6kufef said:

Niner fans, just accept the gift and move on. We get them sometimes too. There is no defending what happened today. None.
It felt like every first down conversion once it was tied got flagged. I don't watch replays to verify, but it sure seemed like it. The last one we didn't even hear it announced and never saw what happened. It was weird.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":37pk4n75 said:
Crizilla":37pk4n75 said:
yes I think so actually. Seahawks dominated possession time, but had 14 penalties compares to SF's 8. The NFL wanted to give SF a win finally, just like they want LA Chargers to do well the refs have been on their side all year long. Who cares though we still have 99% chance to make playoffs.
Last game the 49ers were called for 13 penalties for 128 yards, including big ones. The penalties were called because the offensive line was struggling against Thomas of all people and the defensive backs were getting beat by Kittle and Pettis.

Losing teams blame penalties. Stop holding and there’d be fewer.

Enjoy the week 5,god knows you haven't had too many this year.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
AgentDib":156e1cxp said:
The officiating was hot garbage and it's dumb to defend it just to virtue signal to other people that you're a "reasonable" fan. No play or call is ever the single reason that teams win or lose games but that doesn't mean you can't have an opinion.

The weather made a big impact and I don't love that a team based in Seattle consistently struggles in the rain and on grass. Then again, Seattle drivers are awful in the rain too for some reason. Good luck to the ground crew at Levi's stadium trying to get that garbage field ready for another home game next Sunday.

At some point I'd expect the NFLPA to negotiate having all surfaces be the same (field turf) in the CBA to protect the players from having to risk injury on poor surfaces.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I usually don't like to complain about refs, but thought they were awful today. Some of the penalties were on us, but I had issues with:

PI on Shaq Griffin in OT. Let them play.

Personal foul on Coleman when Taylor had just decked Coleman.

Trying to think of the other ones, but seemed like there were a lot.

bandiger

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2id8rvul said:
Smellyman":2id8rvul said:

Well if they don't get Bosa thats fine too.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1tvtjwhd said:
knownone":1tvtjwhd said:
I mean, they had 6-8 calls against us on the last 3 drives. It's fair to assume they played a significant role in the outcome of the game.

Then don't hold.
why not?, holding worked very well for the 49rs Offense throughout the entire game.
No doubt the Seahawks could have played a hell of a lot better than they did, but the "Holding was being committed by BOTH TEAMS.
You're not being totally honest if you didn't see a few ticky tack calls go against the Seahawks...Like Defensive Pass interference, that ->WAS NOT PASS INTERFERENCE<-, for 15 yards.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3d27x89t said:
I usually don't like to complain about refs, but thought they were awful today. Some of the penalties were on us, but I had issues with:

PI on Shaq Griffin in OT. Let them play.

Personal foul on Coleman when Taylor had just decked Coleman.

Trying to think of the other ones, but seemed like there were a lot.
Taylor was blocking. Coleman’s hit was well after the play and right in front of the official.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
bandiger":2gca2crq said:
Hawkpower":2gca2crq said:
Smellyman":2gca2crq said:

Well if they don't get Bosa thats fine too.

My sentiments exactly... Lots of 4 win teams, I think the Cardinals are going to get #1 overall but wouldn't mind the 49ers falling in the draft.

edogg23

Reaction score
I Never blame the refs for a loss but it was so blatant in the 4th quarter. The NFL wanted a game that counted on prime time next week.