I love our chances against the Niners

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
The 49ers sure are until they get to the SB; then they turn into marshmallows (Recent history only....no need to go back 30 years to prove anything)
I still think 49ers got screwed against KC like the Hawks against Pittsburgh. That no holding call on the 3rd 15 was b.s.. The KC O-line looked like a fight at a hockey game. Completely changed the momentum of the game.

94Smith

Reaction score
Some Niners fans are realistic and get it, others think the Niners literally float in mid-air and are w/out fault. 94 is a solid contributor for sure.
Faults:

Inexperience at QB
overconfidence?
Not the best at pass blocking, Aaron Banks may be out
No complement in pass rush to Bosa on the other side
Gave up a lot of yards and points against the Raiders 2 weeks ago. Got spanked by KC
Charvarious Ward is solid but D Lenoir is shaky
Hufunga over pursues and can give up big plays
Shaky against mobile QBs
Wrs/kittle prone to drops
CMC it not a bruising rusher
If greenlaw is out it will be a big loss
Have not faced a truly great team all year and when they did (KC) they had their worst loss

Last edited:

Hawk4life

Reaction score
Seahawks ring is getting a little rusty now too.
LOL, it's kinda hard to be serious because we really don't even have any business in the playoffs. Trading for Christian McCaffrey was an awesome move. I hope you guys can go all the way so that those draft picks won't matter as much. Next seasons draft and how our teams stack up should be pretty interesting.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Overall, this thread is holding up decently from a reality standpoint (mostly).

No doubt about it, we'll need every bounce we can get to break our way on Saturday.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I like the enthusiasm, but really a little reality check would be good so, maybe @TIMD could say a word or two.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Special teams, things like bobbled catches. Fumbles.

I am just saying that the Seahawks defense will not be the sole reason for a win. Like a 19-6 game . If they win it will be high scoring like 31-28 or 34-31.
Agreed, this isn't a defense that physically dominates teams, but I believe it will take a couple of key big plays by the defense to stay in this game. The Niners are just too well balanced to beat them with one part of the team, it has to be a complete effort from all three parts of the team (Off. ST & Def)

94Smith

Reaction score
Overall, this thread is holding up decently from a reality standpoint (mostly).

No doubt about it, we'll need every bounce we can get to break our way on Saturday.
Bigger upsets have happened before for sure. That's what is great about the NFL. Nothing is guaranteed

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
What I’d like to see is everyone put cling the niners as if we have no chance. The more they feel overconfident, the better chance we have. I’m looking at this like the first game of the season against Denver.

Raifers

Reaction score
I think with the rain, the Seahawks do have a good chance of winning. The first game against the 49ers, they lost by a bunch, but I think that was more to the fact that Lance got hurt and what the 49ers could do offensively changed. The 2nd game was more of what I would expect in division games, close and ugly. I felt if a call or two or a play or two went the other way, the Seahawks would have won that 2nd game. Purdy did not look all that great against us.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Win or lose against the 49'ers...the Seahawks are winners this season. The experience of playing in the playoffs will bring confidence to our rookies and satisfaction to the veterans. This season has been the most exciting since the "Legion of Boom" era. With the upcoming draft...the Seahawks look very strong going forward!

It is possible that the 9'ers will play too cautiously against the Seahawks and will "play to not loose" rather than "play to win". This is a very real "mindset" and could be a problem for them. If we could knock off the 9'ers, we could go all...the...way!!!

bileever

Reaction score
Our only hope is;

1. Healthy Kenneth Walker grinding out long drives wearing the Niners front seven down and preventing them from pinning their ears back and destroying Geno if the Hawk's become one dimensional.

2. Mr. Irrelevant Brock Purdy crapping the bed because the moment's too big for him.

This is the approach Pete should take, try and keep the game close and hope Purdy makes some mistakes to keep the Hawks close into the 4th.

If not? This is gonna be a Niner beatdown of biblical proportions.
The 49ers are hard to run against. In our first game against the 9ers, we had a total of 36 yards rushing, for an average of 2.57 yards per rush. In the second game, we had a total of 70 yards (and only 52 if you take away Geno's 18 yard scamper). So we're not going to dominate in the rushing game. We'll end up like last game, a lot of 3-and-outs and punting 7 times. Shane Waldron is going to have to figure out where the 49ers' Achilles heel is, and he's going to have to come up with an innovative game plan that exploits whatever weakness they have. Otherwise, it's going to be a long afternoon.

Weadoption

Reaction score
stacks of chips for days

Attachments

• 8E47B282-533B-4C81-9224-2F4E78CC7787.jpeg
    8E47B282-533B-4C81-9224-2F4E78CC7787.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 6

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

The above is a link to the chronicle, no paywall.

Ostler is snarky hilarious. Yes if Trey hadn’t got smushed by two of our otherwise Lacking defenders, maybe we have a better Chance.

God, I hope they decide Trey Lance is the second coming should Purdy gets them to the title game. Lance unlike Purdy is going to make typical rookie mistakes. If we were facing Lance, I’d say we have a better opportunity.

Last edited:

nanomoz

Reaction score
The Seahawks have some sort of fuggin' allergy to game planning against George Kittle. They can't do it.

To have any chance I think Geno and the offensive line need to have their best games of the year.