Frustrating Former Seahawks

olyfan63

Reaction score
I wonder why they were compared? Elway had a rocket arm, was tall, fast and the first pick in the draft. Krieg was nearly the polar opposite.
One of my favorite Krieg moments, besides beating Miami in the playoffs, was the game AT Denver where Krieg completed an 80 yard bomb to Daryl Turner on the first play from scrimmage. The Seahawks won that road game, a rare win in Denver during the Elway era.

bigcc

Reaction score
Jerry rice was garbage, the main play I remember is him tripping on his own feet and giving up a pick six

Jac

Reaction score
One of my favorite Krieg moments, besides beating Miami in the playoffs, was the game AT Denver where Krieg completed an 80 yard bomb to Daryl Turner on the first play from scrimmage. The Seahawks won that road game, a rare win in Denver during the Elway era.
That Miami game was the first time I watched them and made me a fan for life. Was that Denver game the one where tbe Denver kicker hit the upright at the end of the game to lose? It was an epic back-and-forth. That was an early 2010’s Seattle-SF type matchup.

bigcc

Reaction score
I forgot about Aaron curry, worst pick in franchise history, not exaggerating, dude was atrocious

Terrell Owens was frustrating, kept getting open but couldn't catch the ball lol

Rat

Reaction score
Terrell Owens was frustrating, kept getting open but couldn't catch the ball lol
Sure made Matt Flynn look bad in that preseason. He might have had an indirect influence in Russ winning the job as a rookie.

olyfan63

Reaction score
That Miami game was the first time I watched them and made me a fan for life. Was that Denver game the one where tbe Denver kicker hit the upright at the end of the game to lose? It was an epic back-and-forth. That was an early 2010’s Seattle-SF type matchup.
Yes, Rich Karlis missed a chip shot FG, 26 yards, off the upright, at the end to give Seattle the win 27-24. I had forgotten about that part of it.
The miss is at 1:14:30 in this video.

bigcc

Reaction score
Sure made Matt Flynn look bad in that preseason. He might have had an indirect influence in Russ winning the job as a rookie.
I honestly don't remember russ in the preseason, did he play well? I was under the impression it was a practice thing, but I could very well be wrong

For TO though, I was rooting for him because I think he got unfair media coverage. Could have been something like Mike Williams decent season, but catching the ball is kind of important lol

Optimus25

Reaction score
Maybe it was just the frustration of this entire time period, but i gotta go off script a bit and say Blair walsh. It was such a unique grab because of the history with his missed kick against us, and i just really thought he was a great talent with the Vikings and got a little snake bit from one kick and i thought we could really turn him around and establish a young talent into a bedrock of the team for years to come. Yeah that was snake oil.

seabowl

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to have to open an old wound in this correction. Green wasn't cut, he was TRADED by Mike Holmgren to Green Bay in 2000, along with a fifth round draft pick for Fred Vinson and a sixth round pick. Vinson blew out his knee playing basketball and never played a down for the Seahawks. Thanks, now I'm going to be in a sour mood all day, lol.
Green even as a Hawk was pretty damn good. I remember his first game (opener) was against the Eagles and he had like 5 rushes for 90 yards in a blowout. Terrible trade!!!

bigcc

Reaction score
Alex Banister.

I just caught the tale end of the infamous “we want the ball and we’re gonna score” wildcard game and I was reminded of Banister running the wrong route. Hasselbeck was expecting a precise amount of steps, stop and turn for the ball and the bonehead took too many steps and it was an easy Pick 6.

Plus besides that he was a big fat “meh” WR.
Hell of a special team player, but I'm still confused why he was even in the game.... Hass is my boy and he had his heroic moment taken away......

Disappointing

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
I honestly don't remember russ in the preseason, did he play well? I was under the impression it was a practice thing, but I could very well be wrong

For TO though, I was rooting for him because I think he got unfair media coverage. Could have been something like Mike Williams decent season, but catching the ball is kind of important lol
Russ had a great preseason. So good he was named starter for the 3rd preseason game vs the Chief’s and never looked back. He tore it up in that game.

Rat

Reaction score
Hell of a special team player, but I'm still confused why he was even in the game.... Hass is my boy and he had his heroic moment taken away......

Disappointing
If he doesn't overthrow a wide open Koren Robinson, who had gotten behind coverage at midfield earlier in OT, it doesn't even come down to that third and 9 later. Granted, Robinson would have also needed to actually hold onto the ball, which was like a 50/50 thing those days.

Regardless, it's interesting that the two worst turnovers in franchise history came when trying to force the ball to a wideout who was almost exclusively a special teams guy. We really should be trusting our best players to make the important plays.