I ain't even mad

Msfann

Reaction score
I was over the loss right after the game. we cant win them all.

Sports are weird like that, sometimes the worst teams can dominate the best teams when they really shouldn't be able to. It just happens sometimes.

The cowboys smacked the Seahawks in the mouth and wouldn't let up. The better team that day won the game.

djb28

Reaction score
Mad as hell while watching a game. But as soon as it ends, I leave it all on the TV Field. Or chair..

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
11 games left, something tells the the Super Bowl Champions know what it takes to turn it around. Just sayin

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Down here in southern Oregon, and being surrounded by niner fans... I was so mad I broke my plastic lawn chair and threw it over the fence. So yes, the loss affected my week.

First thing the waitress said to me when I walked into the bar earlier "you've got a lot of nerve wearing that hat after that loss yesterday. And to the cowboys, ha!" Guess that set the tone.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I've always tried to follow the most optimistic path... some of it is my own belief in how I want to be a fan but a lot of is to give voice to counter all the doom and gloom that seems to boil over after each lost both in the reality and especially digitally.

.Net gets insane some times.

Yet, after the Superbowl win and some recent realizations... I have tempered expectations... I no longer feel like a volcano ready to erupt in desperation... I just don't care about a repeat performance run to another Lombardi.

Sure, as a fan its what I'm rooting for but the absolute need for it is no longer as crucial as it was.

Honestly, I just care about growth, we all have expectations and we've now accustomed ourselves into a certain entitled persona of having to be the best of the best and the most dominant franchise in the NFL.

But for me, each failure, each loss is just another opportunity for the team to grow, to learn, to come together and survive the impossible.

Sure its sexy being top dog, being #1, King of the Hill.

But it's a much better story being the underdog and taking it from the best. And that's what's teams are doing to us in Week 6. However, come week 17 and the Seahawks are the 6th seed with a 10-6 record... I'm still going to be at the edge of my seat and believe that this team is still good enough if it was the #1 seed with a 15-1 record.

And losses like this are hard to swallow because the seed of doubt it plants into the frame of our minds that this team.just isn't good enough.

But I can't help to love it, there is nothing better in life, then being told you aren't good enough, and the overcoming that doubt through adversity.

So, team going forward the focus isn't on what is wrong, who is the the weakest link, and going full OCD on every little failure.

No, my focus is simple... can this team overcome these challenges as a group and band together by season's end.

For me, I'm past the winning or losing part in a sense (for me as long as we get a post-season berth I'm content), I just want to see a good scrappy fight. I want to see the blood, sweat, and tears with players checking their egos into their lockers and wearing their heart on their sleeves and just play loose and have fun.

drdiags

Reaction score
I was horrible during the Knox years. A loss would affect me all week. I did a self-check and have learned to dial it down. I still get mad, excited and crazy during the game but after a few shakes of the head, I look at the game to see what it tells me about future expectations.

I try not getting too high or too low. I try to avoid lecturing anyone else and just state things as I see them. .Net has been a place to speak with liked-mind people about a team I care about. I like to see people's opinion of the team and where it is trending. That is the value of this place to me is.

On to St Louis. They played a great first half until Jenkins had a major brain-fart. Sooner or later, Austin Davis will put a full game together.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":37fsbno9 said:
Down here in southern Oregon, and being surrounded by niner fans... I was so mad I broke my plastic lawn chair and threw it over the fence. So yes, the loss affected my week.

First thing the waitress said to me when I walked into the bar earlier "you've got a lot of nerve wearing that hat after that loss yesterday. And to the cowboys, ha!" Guess that set the tone.

Did that waitress not want a tip?

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I just remember 'those days', way back when, and suddenly any loss is just a loss, no reason to get upset. Now if we ever go 2-14 again, I will rethink my position.