Bored With The Hawks As Long As I Can Remember

NoGain

Reaction score
I'm a big football fan, and the Hawks are my primary connection to the NFL. I watch all the games. Look forward to them. Discuss them here and with others in real life. Read about them. Listen about them. Look forward to the off season moves they might make. Etc... I can't remember the last time I've been as bored by them, about the state and direction of the team, about their performance.

I only bring this up because if I as a real football fan, and especially an enthusiastically interested Seahawk fan for years, have grown as bored of this team as I recently have, then there must be a lot of fans like me out there. It hasn't reached the apathetic level, as it did with the Mariners during that lost decade and a half, but it's inching it's way there now.

renofox

Reaction score
Just watched Broncos Texans and that was an enjoyable and entertaining game - lots of good players making good plays.

When was the last time I watched a similar game with the Seahawks?

Detroit? No, defense sucked.
Dallas? No, ditto.
Last year? Maybe early in the year before the meltdown?

Just about every Seahawks game I've watched this year has given me an appalling lack of enjoyment and entertainment because they are always full of bad football.

cymatica

Reaction score
It's because we see the same crap year in and year out with Pete. A team good enough to beat lower tier teams, and squeak out a win or two against good teams, but ultimately not going anywhere because they make it easy on opponents to gameplan them while not playing to their own players strengths.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
There has been multiple times this season where they've gone through stretches of quarters without an offensive TD, most recently there was that 7 quarter stretch, and I believe there was a 6 quarter stretch before that. So I can agree with your observation.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I'm a big football fan, and the Hawks are my primary connection to the NFL. I watch all the games. Look forward to them. Discuss them here and with others in real life. Read about them. Listen about them. Look forward to the off season moves they might make. Etc... I can't remember the last time I've been as bored by them, about the state and direction of the team, about their performance.

I only bring this up because if I as a real football fan, and especially an enthusiastically interested Seahawk fan for years, have grown as bored of this team as I recently have, then there must be a lot of fans like me out there. It hasn't reached the apathetic level, as it did with the Mariners during that lost decade and a half, but it's inching it's way there now.
'cause at least I think - kinda seen this movie before - seen how it turns out.

And just a little bitter that: "If we can't do it with THIS talent - what's it gonna take." Becoming increasingly evident to me that the problem is in the coaching. And, that's not really gonna change.

Same as another poster. Choke down the stretch. Cling to playoff hopes. Hope the Vikings stumble. And if we get lucky, one and done.

Rinse. Repeat.

I wish it wasn't so - but it is. And I agree - Donks/Texans was way more entertaining than the last month with us.

And, to see dudes like Stroud, who we passed by, and coulda shoulda woulda had - is just painfull.

All seems like a massive letdown so far this year. Here's hoping they run the table, but that's not gonna happen.

Sucks.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
'cause at least I think - kinda seen this movie before - seen how it turns out.

And just a little bitter that: "If we can't do it with THIS talent - what's it gonna take." Becoming increasingly evident to me that the problem is in the coaching. And, that's not really gonna change.

Same as another poster. Choke down the stretch. Cling to playoff hopes. Hope the Vikings stumble. And if we get lucky, one and done.

Rinse. Repeat.

I wish it wasn't so - but it is. And I agree - Donks/Texans was way more entertaining than the last month with us.

And, to see dudes like Stroud, who we passed by, and coulda shoulda woulda had - is just painfull.

All seems like a massive letdown so far this year. Here's hoping they run the table, but that's not gonna happen.

Sucks.
How can we “pass by” a guy who was picked three pick’s before our first pick? Did I miss where they traded back from the 2nd overall pick and passed by Stroud and instead used the 5th pick on Witherspoon? There is no way we” could woulda shoulda” had him. He was gone by pick 5!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
How can we “pass by” a guy who was picked three pick’s before our first pick? Did I miss where they traded back from the 2nd overall pick and passed by Stroud and instead used the 5th pick on Witherspoon? There is no way we” could woulda shoulda” had him. He was gone by pick 5!
then wtf visit him if there's no plan -

i'm sure it was possible - otherwise what was the point of the QB tour.

Anyways - that wasn't the OP's point. The point is: we've seen this movie before. We know how it ends.

And, it sucks.

morgulon1

Reaction score

To me , this is the closest to the Mora Jr
Season . Believe me , I've sat through many sub par seasons and this is worse
they were supposed to be better . Heck
Grandpa thought enough of them to mortgage the future .(2nd and 5th RD for a potential rental)
Grandpa should be called out on the carpet to answer for his crimes .

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
then wtf visit him if there's no plan -

i'm sure it was possible - otherwise what was the point of the QB tour.

Anyways - that wasn't the OP's point. The point is: we've seen this movie before. We know how it ends.

And, it sucks.
Why the visit? Smoke and mirrors? Deception? That’s how the draft works. Don’t let other teams know your plans.

I don’t really care about what the OP was about. We see similar threads every day on dot net.

When I see a statement that makes no sense and is not based on the reality of the situation, I’m calling it out. The Seahawks had no chance at Stroud unless he fell to pick 5.

There is only one team who “passed” on him. I’m sure every Carolina fan is pissed that they did. They traded two firsts and two seconds to move up to number one and then “passed” on Stroud.

renofox

Reaction score
Why the visit? Smoke and mirrors? Deception? That’s how the draft works. Don’t let other teams know your plans.

I don’t really care about what the OP was about. We see similar threads every day on dot net.

When I see a statement that makes no sense and is not based on the reality of the situation, I’m calling it out. The Seahawks had no chance at Stroud unless he fell to pick 5.

There is only one team who “passed” on him. I’m sure every Carolina fan is pissed that they did. They traded two firsts and two seconds to move up to number one and then “passed” on Stroud.
Go look in the Draft Forum. Many were talking about trading up for him.

It was easily doable. If you think a QBOTF was worth DK, Witherspoon, JSN, and a 2024 1st then it would have been an easy move.

Whether it would have been worth it is a debate. Saying it was impossible is not. And is wrong.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score

It was easily doable. If you think a QBOTF was worth DK, Witherspoon, JSN, and a 2024 1st then it would have been an easy move.

Whether it would have been worth it is a debate. Saying it was impossible is not. And is wrong.
Looking at it in hindsight as a possible trade that didn’t happen is one thing. Saying they “passed” on him is just plain wrong.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yep, like reading the same book over and over again.

I still enjoy watching them as I have zero expectations for them and i've learned to actually laugh at them rather than to get angry. They make for good comedy, trust me.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Sure man - not gonna argue about the draft.

That's not the problem with this season. And even if we had snagged him, it would be a different team. It was a small point.

NOT the ******* reason this season is going down the toilet.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
PC/JS, though they've drafted well the last few years, and sold off RW just in the nick of time, can't seem to get this team beyond being a fringe playoff team. They've been trying for about seven years or so. I've finally lost faith in their ability to do so, and am ready to give a new regime a try.

I've grown tired of PC attempting to create the impression that the team is *this close* to getting there when it's apparent that it isn't; I've grown tired of the undisciplined nature of the team; the failure to draft one developmental QB from the college ranks for years; making hasty trades with needed draft capital for the so-called missing piece; depleting our CAP space on non-premium positions and overpaying middling players; not moving on from players and coaches fast enough when it's clear they're not working out; trotting out an offense that is schematically un-innovative and behind the times; and an overall lack in the ability to game plan for particular opponents, or make adjustments when it's necessary to do so.

We've just grown stale. It happens. It's time for change, a new direction, a fresh perspective. I can no longer defend the current regime. They've had their chances. I'm bored by it all now.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
They've grown stale and predictable.

Once Carroll is gone and we infuse this team with a new innovative direction, we'll grow more interested and excited for this team.

Same thing happened at the end of Holmgren's reign.

flv2

Reaction score

Wow! #5 overall pick, #20 overall pick, next year's 1st round pick and a stud WR for a QB with an intelligence red flag. Just from a Draft chart perspective that would have been an insane overpayment.

flv2

Reaction score
Last year you had a 6 -11 roster that significantly overproduced. This year you have a 9-8 roster that's had O-Line injuries. Neither the coaches or the players are significantly overproducing this year. Some expectations were too high.