Am I the only one feeling fairly optimistic?

BigMeach

Reaction score
When it was 4th and 8 there at the end, I was hit with a moment of clarity a bit. I was nervous sure, but before the play it occurred to me that even if we didn't make it I would be very happy with the outlook of this team. Sure our offense kept stalling in the red zone today, but our oline was atrocious and was filled with backups and players not in their main position. The only thing I'm really irritated with personally is the fact that our oline health is so bad this year so far. As for this team, our defense looked great after the first few drives and especially in the second half. Our offense was moving the ball as well, we just couldn't get out of our own way with penalties and our oline was letting them get to Geno almost as fast as they could snap it.

Either way, I think the future is very bright for this team. I do not understand those panicking, but it is a loss so I guess that is warranted. We just need our oline to get healthy and I think we're looking at a great run...

Plus, we're still 3-2, it's not like we're 1-5.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
To take your defense on the road and limit Joe Burrow and his passing offense to 17 points in his own house is not a small feat. And Geno has played better than he has today.

We were never going to be a Super Bowl team this year, but we're trending up.

renofox

Reaction score
Here's the problem:

You say that O-line suckitude was mostly responsible for the loss. I AGREE.

But where were the 12/13 packages/formations designed to help the line?

They've been working for weeks and, even though we were facing that exact issue, Waldron never adjusted.

When your OC continuously does not adjust to what is actually happening on the field, your team will never accomplish anything of note in the playoffs.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I'm not too bummed. I pegged this game as a loss on my season prediction. To hold them to 17 (3 in the 2nd half) in their house, after they looked hot last week, made me feel a lot better about the defense.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
When it was 4th and 8 there at the end, I was hit with a moment of clarity a bit. I was nervous sure, but before the play it occurred to me that even if we didn't make it I would be very happy with the outlook of this team. Sure our offense kept stalling in the red zone today, but our oline was atrocious and was filled with backups and players not in their main position. The only thing I'm really irritated with personally is the fact that our oline health is so bad this year so far. As for this team, our defense looked great after the first few drives and especially in the second half. Our offense was moving the ball as well, we just couldn't get out of our own way with penalties and our oline was letting them get to Geno almost as fast as they could snap it.

Either way, I think the future is very bright for this team. I do not understand those panicking, but it is a loss so I guess that is warranted. We just need our oline to get healthy and I think we're looking at a great run...

Plus, we're still 3-2, it's not like we're 1-5.
I saw LOTS that I liked today:

Adams - hitting hard and in the game.
Bobo - was nails with that catch.
JSN - starting to get involved.
Dre'mont - first sack!!!!!! About time man. Unless I'm an idiot - but I think it's his first.
Lockett - being Lockett

There's lots of things to like. Geno's play ain't one of them unfortunately.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I’m feeling good about the season. This is one game. 3-2. Raise your hand if you would have been happy with that record prior to the season. Or even after the first game. There are still 12 games left. That is 70.5% of the season left to play. With a 3-2 record they have already won 60% of their games!
Just chill, sit back and enjoy Seahawks football for whatever it brings.

Scout

Reaction score
Yeah, tough loss, but not in panic mode yet.
I concur.

To me it is clear that in the early stages of the season the team is starting to find its footing with the flurry of early injuries.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
If the secondary keeps playing this well, they did a great job on one of the top trio of receivers in the league. Imagine what they can do against lesser groups

fenderbender123

Reaction score
We are 3-2, but 2-1 on the road, which is huge. SF lost today, too. We still control our own destiny. However, we did look like shit today. Not sure what I think right now, though.
I've been drinking.

The Breh

Reaction score
Geno made some mistakes.
Bengals DB's made some damn good plays today too.
That was more pressure than Geno's faced in a while. Contributing to decisions he made.
There were coaching decisions that weren't great.

There IS plenty to be optimistic about.
This was a tough game against what is a SB contender thats finally got their footing.
Everybody rushing to put this solely on Geno needs to pull their skirts down.
All those threads on page 1. Sheesh.

Last edited:

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I’m feeling good about the season. This is one game. 3-2. Raise your hand if you would have been happy with that record prior to the season. Or even after the first game. There are still 12 games left. That is 70.5% of the season left to play. With a 3-2 record they have already won 60% of their games!
Just chill, sit back and enjoy Seahawks football for whatever it brings.
I didn’t expect to win this game. I also didn’t expect us to find a way to lose. That red zone int will forever haunt

As will OC and QB - in the first half, even with time, he was way off. And not using Charbs smells of goal line turnover reminiscent of a bad dream I once had