Honestly, did you think we'd be here when they hired Pete?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Not immediately but after I saw the ridiculous roster turnover the first year I began to think hmm...then his mid round draft picks nail it tim!e after time and then he drafts Wilson. I'm thinking I AM IN!

I had already thought Wilson was a top 5 pick but that Kansas City game in person and live confirmed it for me. All I could think is we ACTUALLY got a franchise quarterback, us?

Happy

Reaction score
At first I didn't know what to think.

I knew he had the bonfides in teh x's and o's department and lots of experience running a large program but just didn't know what would happen at the nfl level.

I was uneasy about the whole hass to t-jack transition as well as getting fleeced on whitehurst. Plus alex gibbs quitting and firing the OC after year one. start of the second year of pete's tenure was the low point but by the end of that year it was clear the team was very competitive and they were doing good things with the roster.

and what can you say about John Schneider. Inspired hire right there.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I liked his process to develop a winning team. I liked his "I'm In" attitude which each player had to "buy into" Pete's philosophy. He didn't put up with any sh*t....the "bad attitude" guys were gone in a flash. By the middle of his third year, it was "sit back and hold on" time! We knew that we had the "Super Star" QB that would take us to The Promised Land!

HawkHouse

Reaction score
I liked it too ...

Was really stoked about the move, ...

didn't think we'd be here, this quickly, with this personnel though ...

Love It !!!!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I took a wait and see approach. I had serious doubts on whether his cheerleading type demeanor would work. Admittedly I also brought into the NFL talk over the years that protrayed him as a terrible HC in New York and New England. I tried to positive simply cause he was the new Hawk HC and it was time to get behind him.
The hire of Schneider made me feel better about the whole situation due to the success of the Packer organization.

Latest posts