Official "Thank You Pete" Thread

-Pete-

Reaction score
The press conference was emotional. Honesty, positivity in difficult circumstances, grace and graciousness - quintessential Pete Carroll.

Next man up has some big shoes to fill.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Greatest coach in Seahawk history. Maybe Seattle sports history.
Architect of one of the greatest Defenses ever, one of the best NFL teams ever, and arguably THE GREATEST SECONDARY ever.

The Seahawks were literally relevant and one of the top NFL teams for near a decade because of him & JS. Incredible run.

Jville

Reaction score
Starts 31:33 minutes into video ............

............... so grateful to Pete and all the lessons he shared.

evergreen

Reaction score
Yep he's on his way to Canton. He's on our Mt Rushmore for sure! Thanks for the best football the Seahawks have ever played. I'll never forget the feeling in 2012 of knowing we were going to win the Super Bowl! I forgive you for not giving it to Marshawn...

JPatera76

Reaction score
I’m kinda torn now it’s reality. However I’m happy knowing he’ll still be a Seahawk as an advisor. I’m happy for the historical Defense and the ass kicking he gave the broncos. I really enjoyed seeing and hearing about a 72 yr old man tossing and running around in practice and pregame. Overall his energy is unmatched even when stuff goes south.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score

I don't own this but I down loaded it years ago and it has to have been a 12 that put this great video together. I have such mixed feelings about pete leaving but I recall when he came, I was extremely excited about what the next chapter would bring....The NFL has changed a lot in 14 years but at least he is still apart of the organization.
Pete, Thanks for all the great times and heart stopping times as well. I look forward to being in the stands when they put you in the ring of honour. He put together one of the best teams in a generation and one super bowl.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Thanks Pete, I will always remember what you brought to the organization. Immediately, in 2010 you saw a huge shift on the Seahawks and their mentality. The trade for Lynch set the stage for the insanity that was to come in the next few years. You brought a hard-nosed style of football, we would punch people in the face, even if we lost games, teams would struggle after facing us.

You brought together the biggest, most bombastic personalities in one room and encouraged them to be themselves. This was a double edged sword, but I believe without this mentality, that the Seahawks never would've been the Seahawks we knew and loved, nor would we have gotten a championship. I remember being excited for this hiring and seeing where it would lead us, almost like a kid on Christmas.

Thank you for the memories, Pete.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Thanks, Pete, here's your walking papers, we don't want you anymore, but we're really grateful, yep yep. Enjoy your gum.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Thanks so much for everything Pete. You are a knight in shining armor. I hope you are reading this because you were done dirty. I heard the heartbreak in your voice today Pete. I'm glad you will stay as a part of the organization, but this will always be your team. I suppose this had to happen sooner or later (I guess)...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I hope you are reading this because you were done dirty.
How was he done dirty? We haven't won a playoff game in the last four seasons, and he has had the most factual power in an NFL organization of any head coach his entire tenure here. How many other franchises are there where the GM is UNDER the head coach?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Thanks coach ..You took the Seachickens and Seahags out of conversations real quick.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Thanks Pete. I remember when you came in I was kinda pissed that they brought in a USC guy, but you won me over. 14 years of being relevant has spawned 12s all over the globe, and 14 years of providing a competitive space where players could be their best has made Seattle a place where players wanted to play. All accolades are deserved.

Whether you decide to rest or jump back into the fray, you have nothing left to prove.

Be well.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Thanks, Pete!

You can hold your head up high knowing you were the first Seattle Seahawks head coach to win a Super Bowl!

No easy feat.

It’s not how you wanted to go out, I’m sure….

But leaving today even if it’s not your own decision, doesn’t remove any wins from your coaching tenure—and it doesn’t change the fact that you made the lives of players and coaches that have been part of your Seahawks teams, all the more better!

Seahawks history will always show you are a Seahawks Legend.

And that’s the real “Forever Win!”

Cheers to an outstanding, and Legendary, Seahawks Head Coaching Career, here’s to Pete Carroll!

-The Legend of Boom

WCstripes

Reaction score
Thank you for every you brought to the Seahawks on and off the field.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I could never dislike Pete. I think this is the perfect way for him to go out, with the dignity and respect he deserves.

Best coach in Seahawks history. Best era in Seahawks history.

Thanks, Pete!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Just watched the press conference..Pete doesn't show those emotions and you can see how tough this is for him. 14 years!! Hell I can't even remember life 14 years ago. Such a mainstay here but I think he still wants to coach. It'll be interesting to see if some team makes a call..The Chargers could use an infusion of Pete and a winning culture.

stack55

Reaction score
Thanks Pete Carroll for the great football and memories you
have brought to the organization and the fans. When you were
first brought in as head coach and pretty much turned over the
roster, I was pissed.

After a few years and a couple Super Bowls, I was like this guy
knows what he’s doing. Happy trails to you, and your new adventures.
You will always be Mr. Seahawks in my book.