Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawker84":2yqy8deb said:
Alkasquawlik":2yqy8deb said:
hawker84":2yqy8deb said:
Ok, either way our recieving core is strong without him, providing Harvin is going to miss some time, let's hope Harper can step into the limelight and have some success fairly quickly as our #4.

Your wide receiver core may be fine, but IF he is on the PUP list to start the season, I think this really hurts your ST/return game, especially after letting Leon Washington go.

agreed, who's next to do the return duties if Harvin is out? Lane?

I think Harper was going to be given a chance to shine there in preseason regardless of the Harvin injury. They always try different guys out in preseason even when Leon was a lock to win the job.

Lane is probably another good guess.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Listen, I'm not worried at all. If he needs some time off and can't start the regular season I'm totally confident with our current receivers. Once Doug Baldwin return from that crazy injury(remember the picture) we were more than fine. Plus, Zach Miller really started gaining a repor with RW towards the end of the season and into the playoffs. This a big reason to our O-line really clicking on all cylinders. You have to remember the numbers he put up when he was on a shitty Oakland team so this isn't anything new for him. I expect this to carry over into this season. Again, we are a run 1st team. That's not going to change even with Harvin. Like someone said, Tate is in a contract year. He wants to prove himself that he should be on this roster next year and/or that another team should pay big bucks to bring him to their organization. If Baldwin can get back to what he did his rookie year, Zach building off last year, Tate doing what he said, and Rice just staying healthy - we are still a very DangeRUSS team. Calm down. plus don't we have him for the next few years?? Again, again...not worried. pissed off yes, but not worried

Wartooth

Reaction score
As long a Russell's okay...
Percy never practiced in Minnesota...
He likes to play in games...
Practice?
Not so much...
I just hope he doesn't turn into a distraction because of this.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sando seeks to calm everybody down a little bit.

Harvin was working out at full speed within the past few days, Carroll said. Carroll also said the team wasn't particularly worried at this stage because so much time remained before the regular season. Still, Harvin's status will always be big news after Seattle acquired him from Minnesota for draft picks, including a 2013 first-rounder, before signing the receiver to a lucrative contract.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/104613/seeking-information-on-percy-harvins-hip

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we were an 11-5 team last year without Percy Harvin.

IF he can't go this year (and I think he will) we can be still be an 11-5 or better team without Percy Harvin.

Now tell me Russell Wilson can't go and THEN and ONLY THEN do I curl up into a little ball and sob.

pillowpounder

Reaction score
It's okay everyone, just settle down. Playmaking recievers don't really use their hips too much.. He'll be fine.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No need to sugar coat this, losing him would be a MASSIVE loss. I can't be a homer 24/7, reality is they need this guy. Just because they were 11-5 last year, doesn't mean that this guy isn't a huge part of the winning in 2013. Let alone their chances to win the whole thing.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Harvin is like Beast in that, he is always a little nicked up.

They know their role and will always show up on game time.

As a Vikings fan, I sort of got used to hearing about little ailments here and there. He's a gamer and will play through the pain when he must. Save your nerves, he'll be ready to produce when called on. As a collective, we need to get used to this kind of injury report as something not to stress about (bringing him back early is the real issue, whether it's the coaches calling his number or Harvin trying to do too much).

volsunghawk

Reaction score
For the record, Sidney Rice had surgery to repair a hip/labrum issue in 2010. He had his surgery in late August and missed the Vikings' first 10 games, but was able to come back and contribute after.

If Harvin does require surgery, it's better for him and the team to get confirmation right now and get the procedure done. If we assume that he has the surgery before the beginning of August (should it be necessary), and he has a similar recovery time as Rice did, he'd miss less than half the regular season. Given the early reports about how Harvin was able to cut and run, but was bothered, it doesn't sound as if this would be anything like a season-ending issue.

hawker84

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2z0qrrht said:
No need to sugar coat this, losing him would be a MASSIVE loss. I can't be a homer 24/7, reality is they need this guy. Just because they were 11-5 last year, doesn't mean that this guy isn't a huge part of the winning in 2013. Let alone their chances to win the whole thing.

Disagree, loss yes - massive no.. we had one of the top offenses in the league without him last year.. we went toe to toe with GB, NE, ATL, without him.. this is in no way a massive loss.. IMO..

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawker84":3en9148l said:
SoulfishHawk":3en9148l said:

Disagree, loss yes - massive no.. we had one of the top offenses in the league without him last year.. we went toe to toe with GB, NE, ATL, without him.. this is in no way a massive loss.. IMO..

Yup. Harvin was supposed to be the player that made us BETTER than those offenses. Without him, we're just back to being part of that pack (which isn't a terrible place to be at all).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's fine, he's one of the best in football, losing him is huge/massive/big. Call it what you want, downplaying it makes no sense to me, but oh well. Hopefully it's just them being careful and he'll be on the field.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Not worried in the slightest. There's a possibility I might need surgery on my labrum too. And I don't even know what a labrum is. I would say "there's a possibility it might require surgery" covers every single football player and every single joint they have.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
hawker84":mswy5kaq said:
SoulfishHawk":mswy5kaq said:

Yes - it is.... IMO...

Hendo66

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2x11305d said:

Hate to say it but i agree.
Receiving core is very injury prone with the likes of: Rice, Miller, & Baldwin.
God i hope this isn't severe-

Status
Not open for further replies.