Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
FlyingGreg":356hmnoo said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/25/harvins-hip-injury-could-require-surgery/

Well, if true, the fact that the team thinks he can practice and play through it is a minor good thing.

I typically refrain from getting on players for not playing through pain, but gee, I would like it if Harvin got out there and earned that big contract he just got from our team.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If he has surgery.. per this link:
http://www.wakehealth.edu/Orthopaedic-S ... rs-FAQ.htm

How long is the recovery time?
Recovery time is approximately three to four months, and it ultimately is determined by how much work needs to be done and how much healing needs to occur before the patient can be allowed to return to activities.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Might be a blessing that we have Golden Tate in a contract year.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
It's not the time to panic yet. Florio is a muckraker and if there is ANY chance that the injury requires surgery of course he is going to put it in a headline to generate more web traffic. Just because there is a chance that Harvin needs surgery, it doesn't mean there is a GOOD chance he needs surgery.

No sense getting worried about this until we know more.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1k9vdcz0 said:
It's not the time to panic yet. Florio is a muckraker and if there is ANY chance that the injury requires surgery of course he is going to put it in a headline to generate more web traffic. Just because there is a chance that Harvin needs surgery, it doesn't mean there is a GOOD chance he needs surgery.

I think there is plenty of sense to worry, but not panic.

hawker84

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":31nf4ks3 said:

I agree, and i'm not panicking either way.. Yes it would be a big loss, but we had a solid recieving crew last year without him.. I also look at it as more motivation for Baldwin to get back to his rookie year production form..

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":3lrkivop said:

Ian Rapoport is the one posting the possibility of surgery.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2dxj9czt said:
Yeah, the fact that the Seahawks staff thinks he can play and practice through it sounds as good as it could sound.

Now, if they about-face on that in the next week...

Weren't they trying the same thing about Michael Bennett?

I'm more concerned by the fact Harvin decided to get this looked at in late July than anything else. Doubt he tore the labrum recently.

nsport

Reaction score
worry.jpg

Worrying

Seafan

Reaction score
It may have been torn before he signed the contract. It will be interesting to see if he gives the season a go or not.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":mshophhn said:
Shadowhawk":mshophhn said:

Ian Rapoport is the one posting the possibility of surgery.

Yes I know, but just because surgery is POSSIBLE doesn't necessarily mean it's LIKELY, and the tone of the post on PFT makes it sound like surgery is all but inevitable.

As I said in another thread, remember that this is the same site that spun a theory about Sidney Rice getting cut to save cap space out of thin air. PFT is a good place to get news but it's a rumor site at heart. The juicier the rumor, the more traffic they get.

This could all turn out to be much ado about nothing. If Harvin does need surgery, then that will royally suck, but there is nothing to suggest that he is likely to need surgery, only that it COULD happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.