Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerohero65

Reaction score
I was concerned about health issues with Harvin, but I thought he would at least make it to practice before he got injured.

Reaction score
My dads getting surgery on his labrum in his hip. The doc said the recovery frame was 4-5 months. This could be serious for Harvin.

Cartire

Reaction score
I think we really need to wait and listen to Pete coming up here in a few minutes during his conference. Get a little better picture besides all of these heavily over-dramatized rumors that spread faster then herpes.

Marvin49

Reaction score
WOW.

That sucks. Reading the "It MIGHT require surgery" stuff tho...as another poster stated, MIGHT doesn't mean WILL. Could just be a precaution.

At least its not a torn achilles. SMDH.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Cartire":3vmuhhcb said:
I think we really need to wait and listen to Pete coming up here in a few minutes during his conference. Get a little better picture besides all of these heavily over-dramatized rumors that spread faster then herpes.

Stop being positive and optimistic.. let the sky fall and crush our dreams.

Cartire

Reaction score
Barthawk":1chyktiz said:
Cartire":1chyktiz said:

It is the classic .net approach to anything ever for this team.

A mouse farts in the wrong direction on this team and everyone here loses their mind.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Cartire":1v6upem7 said:
Barthawk":1v6upem7 said:
Cartire":1v6upem7 said:

It is the classic .net approach to anything ever for this team.

A mouse farts in the wrong direction on this team and everyone here loses their mind.

LOL.

Kinda true of every forum I've ever been on tho...

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":iv5s886n said:
FlyingGreg":iv5s886n said:
Listening to Sidney on KJR right now...he doesn't sound too concerned.

We'll see.

yeah, I don't think this is a big deal. We'll wait to hear something official, and i'm betting it's not as severe as a lot of people on here think.

Yep. Concern is one thing, but no need to flip the happy canoe yet.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
It is pretty annoying the team hasn't put any detail out about it yet. A lot of people are very excited about Harvin, kind of a big acquisition this offseason. Presser coming up though at least, hopefully more than "we don't know yet"...

Cartire

Reaction score
SNDavidson":3urbc9l1 said:
It is pretty annoying the team hasn't put any detail out about it yet. A lot of people are very excited about Harvin, kind of a big acquisition this offseason. Presser coming up though at least, hopefully more than "we don't know yet"...

.... once again, the teams very first press conference is starting now, so more information is coming .... now. ..

generation impatient. We all literally found out about this an hour ago.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Here's what we don't know:

1. Does Harvin have a "slight tear" in his labrum?

2. If he does have a tear, is it something he is capable of playing through this season or would it necessarily require surgery?

3. If he does have a tear and is capable of playing without surgery, is he WILLING to delay surgery and play through the injury this year?

NinerBuff

Reaction score
It seems that he'll see another doctor RE: surgery, then the real determination will happen...

I have a feeling that this is totally overblown, and he'll be active come the real games... This seems like a way to skip preseason games.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I don't want him getting hit by Browner and Chancellor anyway.

This is the good bad thing that happens in order to keep the really bad thing from happening.

Marvin49

Reaction score
NinerBuff":1f09q31e said:
It seems that he'll see another doctor RE: surgery, then the real determination will happen...

I have a feeling that this is totally overblown, and he'll be active come the real games... This seems like a way to skip preseason games.

Probably correct, but typically if he's looking for a "second opinion" that means they already have a first opinion.

If Carroll doesn't seem to think it's a big deal, he's probably already heard the original prognosis and isn't too worried about it.

IE...this may all be nothing and just a precaution.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Cartire":213sx6au said:
SNDavidson":213sx6au said:

.... once again, the teams very first press conference is starting now, so more information is coming .... now. ..

generation impatient. We all literally found out about this an hour ago.

thanks sheriff

NinerBuff

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":41wp1jed said:
Imagine being a Patriots fan, I'm sure their fans go nuts w/Belichek never saying a word about injuries.

except they have a HOF coach and a HOF QB, so they really don't care... they just come in every game expecting to win... (I have a friend that's a huge Pats fan)

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Carroll said he was running at full speed, it was bothering him a bit. Sounds like they think he can play. If the second opinion concurs with that first opinion, we can all chill out.

I'm guessing he just plays about three plays in preseason and then gets lots of cortizone shots in the regular season. Maybe I'm an optimist.

Status
Not open for further replies.