Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1kanql4o said:
I don't want him getting hit by Browner and Chancellor anyway.

This is the good bad thing that happens in order to keep the really bad thing from happening.

Good point, man. Solid.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I will worry about Harvin when the Hawks are losing games because they can't score in offense. Something like this was bound to happen and it sucks, but right now my only concern is KR.

hawker84

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":1nya3mni said:
Long term, this injury is not that severe. At worst, he will return late October/early November. Until then you guys will operate with the same offense from last year.

Now you guys are in the same boat as 49ers fans. Crabtree is expected to make his return around that time.

Not the same boat, we'd be operating with our same starters as last year, who proved solid and productive especially in the 2nd half of the season.. Niners on the other hand will have Boldin, Davis and a handfull of question marks.. big differnce.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
bestfightstory":uohq3pzz said:
bestfightstory":uohq3pzz said:

This is the good bad thing that happens in order to keep the really bad thing from happening.

Good point, man. Solid.

lol

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
This sounds exactly like how you'd expect it to play out and not a stitch more. They found out that he had a tear and he's going to get a second opinion...probably to see if he can still play. It's still quite possible he gets the medical clearance and can get it repaired in the offseason.

m0ng0

Reaction score
remember that Darrell Bevell was/is the biggest coaching moron in the history of football, so its not that big of a loss for us since Bevell probably already forgot Harvin is on the team :p

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
John Clayton‏@ClaytonESPN23m
Teammates of Percy Harvin don't think the hip injury is serious, but the team has to do everything to find out if Harvin needs surgery.

The Seahawks at the moment simply don' know if Percy Harvin has a torn labrum in his hip. That's why he needs a second option.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":oe692dso said:
I will worry about Harvin when the Hawks are losing games because they can't score in offense. Something like this was bound to happen and it sucks, but right now my only concern is KR.

My thoughts too. KR is a concern, but if we have to roll without him for the first half of the season I think we'll be fine.

SF at SEA, no Crabtree or Harvin. Our advantage due to the 12th man.

SEA at SF, both Crabtree and Harvin are back. And we'll need Percy the most then.

We can deal with this.

Rocket

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1dhli02z said:
bestfightstory":1dhli02z said:

Good point, man. Solid.

Huh? What? Selfless self-promotion?
YOU ???
sigh.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
It is not flip out time IMO. Look at our offenses last year over the last five weeks. Surgery is the last option. Baldwin if needed will fill in well in the slot

12thMan1

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":x8xkd1xe said:
Teammates of Percy Harvin don't think the hip injury is serious, but the team has to do everything to find out if Harvin needs surgery.

The Seahawks at the moment simply don' know if Percy Harvin has a torn labrum in his hip. That's why he needs a second option.

So the Seahawks pay their team physician a boat load of money in additon to the ton of money he already makes and they have to get a second opinion? I think it's garbage statement to say that the Seahawks "don't know" if he has a torn labrum or not. You pay a player that much money you're gonna get him the best testing possible to see if what the injury is. The fact that they want a second opinion is fine in my book but don't say they don't know what his condition is.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
This guy seems to love to be in the forefront of the news and what better way than an endless series of "injuries". This is already bothering me. C'mon Percy, you just got paid a huge some of coin. Are you going to be a "football player" and man up and help your team win or are you going to continue to have an endless need for attention and babying? Step up, man up and help your team win. Otherwise, I'm sorry as hell we traded a first and a third for you.
Just my 2 cents and feel free to blast away on me cuz I don't care. It's my opinion and no one's going to change it but him by getting out there and PLAYING FOOTBALL LIKE HE'S PAID TO DO.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3bnzp2gg said:
This sounds exactly like how you'd expect it to play out and not a stitch more. They found out that he had a tear and he's going to get a second opinion...probably to see if he can still play. It's still quite possible he gets the medical clearance and can get it repaired in the offseason.
This is my thought. I'm concerned but not panicked unless that second opinion gives a reason to be so. Either way we deal with it and move on. Nothing else to do and we still have virtually the same offensive personnel from last year anyway so it's not a season ender whatever the final news.

Shaz

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1rd88i4q said:
This guy seems to love to be in the forefront of the news and what better way than an endless series of "injuries". This is already bothering me. C'mon Percy, you just got paid a huge some of coin. Are you going to be a "football player" and man up and help your team win or are you going to continue to have an endless need for attention and babying? Step up, man up and help your team win. Otherwise, I'm sorry as hell we traded a first and a third for you.
Just my 2 cents and feel free to blast away on me cuz I don't care. It's my opinion and no one's going to change it but him by getting out there and PLAYING FOOTBALL LIKE HE'S PAID TO DO.

Oh Lawdy, please stop talking.

PDX12

Reaction score
12thMan1":1zh08rc1 said:
Shadowhawk":1zh08rc1 said:

So the Seahawks pay their team physician a boat load of money in additon to the ton of money he already makes and they have to get a second opinion? I think it's garbage statement to say that the Seahawks "don't know" if he has a torn labrum or not. You pay a player that much money you're gonna get him the best testing possible to see if what the injury is. The fact that they want a second opinion is fine in my book but don't say they don't know what his condition is.

Did I miss the sarcasm tag?

m0ng0

Reaction score
alot of times the players don't trust the teams doctors....if ya smell what I am smokin :327321_Spy_23.22:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
12thMan1":pbwepgs9 said:
Shadowhawk":pbwepgs9 said:

Team doctors generally aren't surgeons, that I know of anyways. Unless you're RG3 and you keep Dr. andrews hanging out in the lawnmower shed on the sideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts