Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Carroll has conceded Harvin may need surgery.

Get ready. That sounds like he's preparing us for the worst. Are you ready to not have Harvin this year?

drdiags

Reaction score
Day one of bliss over, back to angst and consternation among the fans. Football is back. Vikings fans chuckling and high-fiving across the land. Good stuff.

chihawk

Reaction score
Were Smelly and English listening to the same press conference...those last two posts are very different?

Cartire

Reaction score
For everyone crying about more information.

-Pete said in his conference that the injury was something thats been there since OTA's
-He was working out hard through it just 2 days ago
-They need to find out more about it next week and take the correct action from there
-Surgery could be a possibility if thats what doctors say. For now, he has no idea.
-More to come next week about it
-He didnt seem overly concerned

hawker84

Reaction score
Ok, either way our recieving core is strong without him, providing Harvin is going to miss some time, let's hope Harper can step into the limelight and have some success fairly quickly as our #4.

Jiggy

Reaction score
Looks like he is starting camp on the PUP list.

The Seahawks announced Thursday that Harvin was placed on the physically unable to perform list for the start of training camp. Sources say there is concern over Harvin's injury.
- Schefter

Cartire

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3st81h2c said:

Get ready. That sounds like he's preparing us for the worst. Are you ready to not have Harvin this year?

He answered a loaded question that was asked if Harvin did need surgery. He said he didnt know and if thats whats required, then tahts what they will do.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
From a medical perspective....

A traumatic hip labral tear is usually an acute injury as a result of a sports injury, fall, or accident. Hip labral tears can be seen in association with episodes of hip dislocation or subluxation. They are commonly associated with sudden, twisting maneuvers that cause immediate pain in the hip.

Giedi

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2mbp7q3y said:
Here's what we don't know:

1. Does Harvin have a "slight tear" in his labrum?

2. If he does have a tear, is it something he is capable of playing through this season or would it necessarily require surgery?

3. If he does have a tear and is capable of playing without surgery, is he WILLING to delay surgery and play through the injury this year?
I hope it's nothing serious. Just a way to skip training camp. Even if he's out due to surgery, Baldwin and the Rookie Chris Harper will probably make up any loss of production from Harvin. Plust Tate and Rice are very good depth for the WR corps.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I know I'll get crucified for saying this, but is Harvin the type of guy to play hurt now that he has gotten paid? I've read that the team wants him to play through the injury, but he wants a second opinion, which could mean a lot of things, but is also routine I guess. I bet Vikings fans are just loving the trade right about now.

Pick6

Reaction score
Whats the average recovery time for injuries such as this after surgery?

mikeak

Reaction score
If you play in a league where you can be cut any day then I would also get a second opinion when the TEAM doctor said I could play.

Ironic considering A-roid got a "second opinion" since the team doctor said he couldn't play :D

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I had hip surgery in 2010 after suffering a labrum tear in 2006 doing PT while active duty. The year was roughly two inches and I was down from August to December from doing any running or lifting. If he does require surgery he is done for the season. Again, if.

Cartire

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":15291a4k said:
I know I'll get crucified for saying this, but is Harvin the type of guy to play hurt now that he has gotten paid? I've read that the team wants him to play through the injury, but he wants a second opinion, which could mean a lot of things, but is also routine I guess. I bet Vikings fans are just loving the trade right about now.

They wont be liking that trade when hes a 1000 yard receiver this year with 600 of them being YAC.

Alkasquawlik

Reaction score
hawker84":1or6qi6g said:
Ok, either way our recieving core is strong without him, providing Harvin is going to miss some time, let's hope Harper can step into the limelight and have some success fairly quickly as our #4.

Your wide receiver core may be fine, but IF he is on the PUP list to start the season, I think this really hurts your ST/return game, especially after letting Leon Washington go.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":30pwsbth said:

Considering how this same group of WRs (sans Harvin) performed pretty damn admirably down the stretch last season, yeah... I could live with it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3gpoidkd said:

The good news is that we didn't let any WR go or trade anyone away in order to get Harvin. The offense we had last year is the offense we would see this year. And that offense was still one of the best in the NFL in the second half of the season last year.

It would suck to lose Harvin, no doubt. But it's not like the Offense is dead. We would still have the same starting WRs we had last year and they were good.

hawker84

Reaction score
Alkasquawlik":13854q9m said:
hawker84":13854q9m said:

Your wide receiver core may be fine, but IF he is on the PUP list to start the season, I think this really hurts your ST/return game, especially after letting Leon Washington go.

agreed, who's next to do the return duties if Harvin is out? Lane?

Status
Not open for further replies.