Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not only one of the best in football, he flat out makes our offense MUCH better, bottom line. Plus, what they gave up, and are paying him etc.
If a team is playing the Hawks and don't have to game plan for Percy fricken Harvin, how is that not a big loss to the Hawks? Sure the team has "depth", but how often is that depth also hurt???? Just sayin

And yes, I need to chill. Who needs a drink? :lol:

12thMan1

Reaction score
hawker84":35llkwe0 said:
SoulfishHawk":35llkwe0 said:
No need to sugar coat this, losing him would be a MASSIVE loss. I can't be a homer 24/7, reality is they need this guy. Just because they were 11-5 last year, doesn't mean that this guy isn't a huge part of the winning in 2013. Let alone their chances to win the whole thing.

Disagree, loss yes - massive no.. we had one of the top offenses in the league without him last year.. we went toe to toe with GB, NE, ATL, without him.. this is in no way a massive loss.. IMO..

I concur. Definitely a loss but we're still a high caliber team without him. Our pass rush was the area that needed the most help which was addressed. Harvin was a great pick up but I'm not gonna cry if he doesn't start day one.

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
I love when fans compare an athlete's injury to their own.

My grandpa tore his labrum and couldn't use his walker for 6 months.

Folks, these are professional athletes with the highest quality treatment available. There is also the degree of the tear, the size, the individuals ability to recover, complications, etc... I am comforted by the fact that he has been working through it to this point and this is simply a 2nd opinion.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hear ya. IF this is something that can be taken care of now instead of later, and he misses say the first 6 games, better to get it taken care of now. And, to get him back for the stretch run.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Hopefully this is all much ado about nothing. I want to be optimistic but I can't help but feel like this is going to end up being something.

I still think we're a good playoff team without him (obviously, as we didn't have him last year). I donno about being a favorite for the Super Bowl without him, though. Obviously this is all splitting hairs but damnit, please be healthy Percy

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2qsm0vpm said:
Not only one of the best in football, he flat out makes our offense MUCH better, bottom line. Plus, what they gave up, and are paying him etc.
If a team is playing the Hawks and don't have to game plan for Percy fricken Harvin, how is that not a big loss to the Hawks?

Yup, all those DCs will be able to shut off their gametape of Harvin playing with the Hawks and breathe a sigh of relief. :mrgreen:

Seriously, though, while Harvin is an amazing talent and I agree that he should make our offense much better, we haven't seen it at ALL yet. Everything is just theory at the moment. So when it comes to our offense right now without Harvin versus the offense last year that was putting up points in bunches during the 2nd half of the season, the only real loss is Anthony McCoy.

So I guess I'm saying that I can agree that not having Harvin definitely sucks, but that I'm not worried about the state of our offense without him, because it was humming along quite nicely without him last year and I expect that to continue.

ErikG803

Reaction score
That being said thank goodness we have Rice, Baldwin, and my personal favorite 24 Karat Golden Tate

hawker84

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2y8bfukf said:
If a team is playing the Hawks and don't have to game plan for Percy fricken Harvin, how is that not a big loss to the Hawks? Sure the team has "depth", but how often is that depth also hurt???? Just sayin

Nobody's denying he doesn't add elements to the offense that we didn't have, just saying we still have a very strong offense without him.. one that won that ATL game by the way.... 30 seconds too soon granted, but they won that game... to say we're doomed without him is silly talk..

Decimation

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3via9u77 said:
I hear ya. IF this is something that can be taken care of now instead of later, and he misses say the first 6 games, better to get it taken care of now. And, to get him back for the stretch run.
I agree with this 100%. I could settle for Percy's return by game 6. I mean, it is a huge blow though because this guy is the piece that could help our offense go to the next level.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The only injury I'd have any concern over at all would be Russell Wilson. Other then that, lets just go play and win. But, I have a feeling we're overreacting here and this Harvin "injury" turns out to be nothing.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Who's going to be returning kicks if he misses time by the way?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
It would be a big loss and also a hit because of the money involved if we're not getting anything in return. Harvin has the largest contract in Seahawks history. If he can't play that is just a waste of cash we could use to re-sign guys.

That being said it's too early to freak out. If this were a major injury we would have heard about it. We're only hearing about it today so people know why he's not active in training camp.

Just FYI - a player who participates for even 30 seconds in a training camp can't then be placed on Pre-Season PUP.

My theory is that the team doc said he's fine but his agent told him to get a second opinion before he started practicing.

A minor tear is what it is, a minor tear. It could get worse, but likely the same situation that would make it worse would also be the same situation that could tear a totally healthy labrum.

Lets not freak out yet.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Long term, this injury is not that severe. At worst, he will return late October/early November. Until then you guys will operate with the same offense from last year.

Now you guys are in the same boat as 49ers fans. Crabtree is expected to make his return around that time.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I think we have good depth at receiver so not really worried. Tate and Baldwin should have a good year.

More concerned about losing McCoy and Miller walking around in a boot (?). The TEs were a big part of the offense toward the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts