Finding a way to win

Hawknight

Reaction score
I know most people are either a Pete/John fan, on the fence, or anti-Pete/John fans here. I get it, one weekend I'm claiming Pete and John are the next Second Coming of Christ, the next week I'm hopping on the Pete/John armageddon bringing this team down and then like this last game with the Giants...I'm back on the fence wondering if we are good or did we get lucky.

However, the thing I like about Pete/John with this team is their ability to "Find a Way" to win, whether, pumping up the players with their ridiculous amount of cheerleading and "I Believe" propaganda, or on the sideline while chomping on the gum and running down the sideline like a little school girl. I just can't put my finger on it, but Pete/John just seemed to have that little magical button sometimes when all else doesn't make any type of sense and they seem to push it and everything comes together in the 4th quarter (sometimes that magical little button must be broken at times), but even when the team is on the verge of losing a game, the team holds, bend but don't break and Pete/John push that little button and find a way to win.

John on the other hand has a different type of magic button, one where he pushes and finds that diamond in the rough, whose unique and ends up being the type of player no one ever expected (Bobo, please pick up the white courtesy phone) or one who is and you know who is going to be a star (Spooon, please pick up the white courtesy phone). There are several others and yes, there's a bust of a player which could counter this statement.

I just think after all is said and done and Pete and John walks away from it all: It will never be the same, whether you were a Pete/John fan, on the fence, or totally hated the two. We've never seen anything like it with this coaching/General Manager combo and I have serious doubt that we'll ever see anything like the two ever again in our lifetime...of course, in all fairness, this is just my humble opinion and I would love to hear yours.