Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

RiverDog

Reaction score
Please tell me who is putting that loss ONLY on Geno. Nobody is. Lighten up and stop being so defensive about the almighty Geno Smith.
He sucked, the entire team sucked. But I don't see anyone saying it was just on one guy.
Thank you!

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
People jumping out the window for Geno "This one's on me." (AGAIN) Smith.

Has been one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed on this site.

It's G-E-N-O S-M-I-T-H.

Y'Know the guy that through his first 9 seasons he had more career INTs than TD's. The first half of last season was a miracle, AND a lack of film on him.

He currently sits at 7 INTs for this season, which is another miracle due to mastering the art of dropped pick 6's. He is a turnover waiting to happen.

84r7jn

For me. 1 more start. If he craps all over himself against the Commies, then he is wasting everyone's time.

He plays mid, and they win, 1 more start, etc.

Regardless, inside the VMAC the thought is there to pull him, but only a thought.

I think they will not look to pull him until they have a losing record, even then, Pete might just go down with the ship.
And miss the playoffs entirely for

G-E-N-O S-M-I-T-H.

Which has me thinking, why pay Locke premium backup money? Should've just found a league minimum guy to hold the clipboard instead.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
The whole team played TERRIBLY.

Still, Geno, with ALLLL of his weapons didn't score a SINGLE point. The Ravens completely shut the offense down, and a huge GIGANTIC reason for that is because "Bad Geno" decided to take the field.

Geno, IMHO, is what I like to call a FRONTRUNNER QB. When things are going well he shines. But, the MOMENT things begin to go wrong you can pretty much count on him to virtually melt. Fall apart. Crumble. His body language changes. His decision making goes in the toilet. And he starts to press/force things.

The sad, honest truth is that this is the NFL and nothing is going to ever go just right 100% of the time. He's been in the league for far too long to STILL be consistently making rookie mistakes when the kitchen gets too hot. You have to find a way to push through and make a play...score some points.

Finally, I feel like I have seen enough over the past 1.5 seasons to know with absolute certainty that Genois who he is and has peaked as a QB. Whether he gets it together enough to make it thru the next month of games against the top tier teams and make it to the post season by the skin of our teeth, I simply don't see us not getting waxed and bounced in the WC game with #7 at the helm. Pressure (physically AND mentally) are his kryptonite, and there will be plenty of both come playoff time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Geno, IMHO, is what I like to call a FRONTRUNNER QB. When things are going well he shines. But, the MOMENT things begin to go wrong you can pretty much count on him to virtually melt. Fall apart. Crumble. His body language changes. His decision making goes in the toilet. And he starts to press/force things.
He's like a less talented Aaron Rodgers in that regard.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People jumping out the window for Geno "This one's on me." (AGAIN) Smith.

Has been one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed on this site.

It's G-E-N-O S-M-I-T-H.

Y'Know the guy that through his first 9 seasons he had more career INTs than TD's. The first half of last season was a miracle, AND a lack of film on him.

He currently sits at 7 INTs for this season, which is another miracle due to mastering the art of dropped pick 6's. He is a turnover waiting to happen.

View attachment 61670

For me. 1 more start. If he craps all over himself against the Commies, then he is wasting everyone's time.

He plays mid, and they win, 1 more start, etc.

Regardless, inside the VMAC the thought is there to pull him, but only a thought.

I think they will not look to pull him until they have a losing record, even then, Pete might just go down with the ship.
And miss the playoffs entirely for

G-E-N-O S-M-I-T-H.

Which has me thinking, why pay Locke premium backup money? Should've just found a league minimum guy to hold the clipboard instead.
Coming from the KING OF BAD TAKES, this is rich.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Geno at his best isn't HALF as good as Rodgers for most of his career.
I said less talented. Check out a list of quarterbacks with the best 4th-quarter comeback percentages. Not total number, which is a misleading stat and subjective to a lot of things outside the control of quarterbacks, but the percentage of game-winning drives and 4th-quarter comeback wins. Success rate when behind in the 4th quarter, in other words. The best article on this was a Football Outsiders article, but the company that bought them last year has already shut it down, which is a huge damn shame. I can't find what I'm looking for quickly at this moment, I suspect it'll require paying for premium membership at one of the major statistics sites; but Aaron Rodgers is behind a huge list of great and NOT-great quarterbacks when it comes to his ability to win while behind in the 4th quarter. Rodgers is and always has been a front-running D-bag who tends to fall apart if he gets behind. Still a tremendously talented quarterback, yes; but a bit of a mental midget, too.

warden

Reaction score
Let’s just thrown in the towel trash the season. Who cares that we are tied for first place in the division, our QB sucks so their is absolutely no point

Either that or we can realize who we have is what we have and keep fighting, keep trying to get better, figure out how to make it work. Show no quit

I say let’s start out with trying to figure out how we can run the ball better

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Let’s just thrown in the towel trash the season. Who cares that we are tied for first place in the division, our QB sucks so their is absolutely no point

Either that or we can realize who we have is what we have and keep fighting, keep trying to get better, figure out how to make it work. Show no quit

I say let’s start out with trying to figure out how we can run the ball better
who is throwing in the towel? After that sh** show, we all have a right to be very pi**ed about what we saw.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
That doesn’t make him necessarily worse. Geno had a lot of support from the locker room before Lock even became a Seahawk.

What does locker room support have to do with performance? Pete and the staff see these two guys everyday and know which of the two is more effective. Why would anybody start and play a player that is worse than the guy sitting on the bench? It's truly common sense here.

Rosco

Reaction score
What does locker room support have to do with performance? Pete and the staff see these two guys everyday and know which of the two is more effective. Why would anybody start and play a player that is worse than the guy sitting on the bench? It's truly common sense here.
if Geno keeps playing like Geno the jet Lock will be starting Within the next couple weeks

Rosco

Reaction score
That will never happen. Pete will ride with Geno no matter what.
Pete is only as loyal to Geno as Geno is to protectping the ball. If Geno the Jet keeps showing up on Sunday, Geno the Jet going to be riding the bench.
Pete Carroll football is real simple. Great defense,run the ball and a QB that can manage the game without turning the ball over.

12forlife

Reaction score
That will never happen. Pete will ride with Geno no matter what.
Never happen, like we will never draft a 1st rd CB?? Geno is on thin ice. I agree Pete sticks up for his QB to a fault, but Pete isn't a guy that stands for not protecting the ball. I don't see this improving with the D's we have coming up? I'm also betting we see Lock soon.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Pete Carroll football is real simple. Great defense,run the ball and a QB that can manage the game without turning the ball over.

And being loyal to a fault. Geno will not be benched this season period.

Latest posts