Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

RiverDog

Reaction score
43 to 8 showed what a great Defense could do to a future HOF Peyton Manning, and hell, he'd just had one of his most prolific seasons in his career, he outright dominated in every game in 2013, but he'd yet to come up against a Defense the likes of the Seahawks.
Some of y'all need to take a 'Real Pill', The PATCHWORK, BEAT UP Seahawks Offensive line IS NOT INEPT, THE TRUTH?? the Ravens Defense AND Offense ARE THAT GOOD folks.
The Ravens' two losses came at the hands of the Colts and the Steelers, two teams that are not considered top tier. They are a very good team but not anywhere near the dominant category you're putting them into, at least not yet.

The "Real Pill" needs to be taken by those who continue to rationalize poor performances as being the result of their opponents being 'that good.'

LTH

Reaction score
Can't run the ball when they've loaded the box.

Opponents have figured out, if you load the box on 1st and 2nd down--and dare Geno to beat them, he can't do it.

This strategy is going to be seen every week going forward. There is a blueprint.

Defense gassed out due to being on the field all game.

The centerpiece of their problems is Geno Smith.

Anyone obsolving blame from Geno Smith in this game and the last 4 games is a real piece of work.
Are you loading the box on me here FADE!!! OMG!!! Which goes back to my point about the VERY unhealthy situation OF Pete's coddling problem! That's the center piece!!! Come on man!!! Maybe Pete has PTSD from his first girl friend!!!!! She was SOO ugly she looked out the window and got arrested for indecent exposure and its rolling over baby!!! have ya ever thought of that!!! Huh fade!! You stud!!! My goodness!! This world Is FLIPPING Getting to damn complicated!!! GENO is obsolved completely!!! I think we need to focus on PETE!!! LOL

LTH

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A very bad combo of a hot team and the Hawks playing like hot garbage.
Gotta' bounce back. And if these guys don't come out pissed off and get that W on Sunday, I don't even want to think about what could happen next.
You CANNOT lose to Washington, period.

rcaido

Reaction score
Where did Levis go though? I admit I've always been high on him so I'm biased but he's looked really good in his first two starts.
Its possible the Seahawks were going to pick Willis up w/ the 37th pick but Titans jumped w/ their 42nd, 3rd, & 3rd _2024) to get the 33rd pick w/ Willis. We ended up getting Big Truck Derrick Hall.

Willis looks good, he has the aura and confidence level i see w/ top QBs. He might be one of those, what could have been.

renofox

Reaction score
Indy said they would have taken Richardson at #1 if that was their pick, and I kinda believe them. There was no trade available to get one of the top three. They need to scout hard and be prepared to use 2025 draft capital to move up next year if there is a viable option within reach.
Seahawks could have had the #1 pick

The full package of assets sent to Chicago reads like a shopping list: the ninth-overall pick this year, a second-round selection in 2023 (No. 61 overall originally from the 49ers), a first-round pick in 2024, a second-round pick in 2025, and Moore, a receiver who just completed the first year of a three-year, $61.88 million contract with the Panthers.

2023 #5, 2023 #52, 2024 #1, 2025 #2, and DK would have been a better offer than the Bears took.

Most here probably wouldn't take that deal, but I think it would have been a great deal. I had #1 Stroud, #2 Richardson, or #3 Levis as must have one of these guys for the Seahawks.

Hell, they could've taken Levis at #20. A shot at QBOTF is worth 10x the best WR3 in the NFL.

This team will never compete for a SB until they get a top-tier QB, imo. All other considerations pale in comparison to this need.

2023 was the only year we had the capital to take a chance without severely damaging the team. We still have to take a chance sometime, but from here on out the cost will be much steeper.

Oh, well.

Last edited:

Dallashawksfan

Reaction score
All I wanna add is that the Bucs lost 3-38 AT HOME to the Saints in 2020, with Brady throwing 3 ints to 0 TDs and the team rushing for just 8 total yards.

Still won the Superbowl that year.

Geno isn't Tom Brady, but even the GOAT can have an off day.
Yeah even GOAT can have an off day

Geno had off DAYS

Jac

Reaction score
Seahawks could have had the #1 pick

2023 #5, 2023 #52, 2024 #1, 2025 #2, and DK would have been a better offer than the Bears took.

Most here probably wouldn't take that deal, but I think it would have been a great deal. 8 had #1 Stroud, #2 Richardson, or #3 Levis as must have one of these guys for the Seahawks.

This team will never compete for a SB until they get a top-tier QB, imo. All other considerations pale in comparison to this need.

2023 was the only year we had the capital to take a chance without severely damaging the team. We still have to take a chance sometime, but from here on out the cost will be much steeper.

Oh, well.
I've been banging that drum as well and was hoping that this draft was going to be the year. But you have a couple people here that are weirdly adverse to ever drafting a QB. Fortunately for them (and unfortunately for many of us), the team has embraced that strategy.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I am pretty frustrated PC didn't put Lock in in the 4th just to see.

Perhaps (If Geno is playing through a high ankle right now) we don't want to hurt Lock in a game we had no business being in. Hats off to the Ravens.

NoGain

Reaction score
What could it have hurt to put in Lock even just for the 4th quarter? He couldn't have done any worse than geNO
Yeah, that bugged me, too. The game was far out of reach, and PC could have used the excuse that he wanted to preserve his starting QB for the future and not get him hurt continuing to play in a lost cause.

I was wondering why he didn't, and the only things I could come up with were...

--He didn't want to mess with Geno's head
--He didn't want to send out the false message that he was losing faith in his QB to the pundits/fans/players

I know that Lock is likely not our longer term answer at QB. But I think it would be nice to exploit certain opportunities from here on out to look and see what we might have in him when they arise. Yesterday, IMHO, was one such perfect opportunity for that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The Ravens' two losses came at the hands of the Colts and the Steelers, two teams that are not considered top tier. They are a very good team but not anywhere near the dominant category you're putting them into, at least not yet.

The "Real Pill" needs to be taken by those who continue to rationalize poor performances as being the result of their opponents being 'that good.'
You are trying to downplay how well the Ravens are playing, they are hitting their stride RIGHT NOW, and the Seahawks ARE NOT.
Anybody laying all the blame of a Team Loss on ONE PERSON is being delusional.
The Seahawks >DEFENSE< WAS NOT all beat up when they gave up TWO 80 plus yard TD drives, y'all blame Geno for that F-up too?.....I'm NOT "Rationalizing Poor Performance" >>> 44 points laid on the Seahawks 'D' and that too is a Rational fact that you and a few others are trying to sweep aside.
I've already said that Geno played like shit yesterday, BUT it wasn't JUST Him who crapped their skivvies yesterday.

NoGain

Reaction score
The worst moment of the game for me personally was when the Ravens fumbled near the end of the first half on their own 43 yard line leading 14-3, and we not only came with nothing, Geno gets sacked twice, the second sack leading to a fumble. Then the Ravens turn that fumble into a FG and go into the locker room up 17-3 at the half.

So instead of coming away with at least a FG and keeping it a one score game at the half at 14-6 (I didn't have much faith about a TD then), we are down 14 points at the half, and, at least for me, the game was pretty much over.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Geno is on pace for 19 Touchdowns and 15 picks. You will not win in the NFL with those numbers post 2000s usually. Hopefully he gets it figured out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You are trying to downplay how well the Ravens are playing, they are hitting their stride RIGHT NOW, and the Seahawks ARE NOT.
The Seahawks >DEFENSE< WAS NOT all beat up when they gave up TWO 80 plus yard TD drives, y'all blame Geno for that F-up too?.....I'm NOT "Rationalizing Poor Performance" >>> 44 points laid on the Seahawks 'D' and that too is a Rational fact that you and a few others are trying to sweep aside.
I've already said that Geno played like shit yesterday, BUT it wasn't JUST Him who crapped their skivvies yesterday.
Please tell me who is putting that loss ONLY on Geno. Nobody is. Lighten up and stop being so defensive about the almighty Geno Smith.
He sucked, the entire team sucked. But I don't see anyone saying it was just on one guy.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I am not downplaying how well the Ravens are playing. They have a solid team on both sides of the ball and have earned their top 3 status in nearly every power ranking. But they are not yet a dominant team. The lowly 1-7 Cards playing their backup quarterback hung with them just last weekend, racking up 24 points.

And if you'll read a few of my posts, I am not blaming Geno, at least not entirely. He did not play a good game, something that is becoming an alarming trend. But he had zero run support as we had a measly 28 yards rushing which constantly put us in 3rd and long situations. Our offensive line is a mess.

Anytime you get beat 37-3, there's plenty of blame to spread around.