Props to Geno

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

It's still a bummer that this didn't count. Geno was back on some of his 2022 stuff tonight man

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm going to keep posting on this, not because I am a personal big fan of Geno, but because it's kind of nuts.

Getting the ball out as competently as he did throughout this game with the type of pressure he was facing is a huge, huge credit after the year he has had. It just took somewhat of a run game.

No, it wasn't a perfect game. Eye test can tell you. Yes, he did miss a few checkdowns. On the whole, though, he was both pushing the ball downfield and getting it out quickly. You do that by pulling the trigger decisively.

Not to mention he was on it today, arm wise. That dot to JSN that didn't count... 40-45 yards to the boundary off the back foot, on the dot. Whew.

Yeah, I'd still want to take the out in the contract before his cap hit triples and try to go for Jayden Daniels (personally, although he could end up #2 behind Williams at this rate...) but this is why I argue so fiercely against him being a backup, or not a real starter, or whatever else people say.

The guy is a legitimate quarterback, he's just not the young stud you can build with. He's everything anyone could ever hope for in a stopgap type of guy.

54% pressure rate. Jesus christ.

I tell you this, he'd take the 49ers to the Super Bowl.

Last edited:

hawk45

Reaction score
Other games this year with poor accuracy and decision making and fine, we could beat the backup level drum.
This game was an absolute gem from Geno vs heavy pressure. One of the best Geno has played in the uniform. As Maelstrom remarked, this was 2022 level play. He did not look overmatched even with Dak out there beating the brakes off our secondary.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

Just an elite game

91.3 QBR, 97 passer rating, and multiple "holy shit" throws

Latest posts