Florio speculates Sidney Rice may be released

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
I don't think he will, if you are suggesting he will be in the slot in 3 wide sets that is. I'm assuming it will be Harvin & Rice in two wide and Tate Harvin (slot) Rice in 3 wide.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
Um...No. AT least I hope not. Not this year. He was healthy enough last year and made some big plays. I don't think we go out there with just Baldwin, Tate, and Harvin. We need Rice's big plays.

two dog

Reaction score
What do you suppose Florios' conduit to this insider information
that nobody else seems to have could be?

Sometimes I think these guys just throw something out there to
see how much they can shake the tree.

rjdriver

Reaction score
CANHawk":2vi7kqm0 said:
Florio is a dolt. Couldn't carry Adam Schefter's BlackBerry...

What's a blackberry?

I agree with the consensus. Eventually, but not now.

Seattle Patriots

Reaction score
Hawks wouldn't be smart to release Rice. He's to big a play maker and would compliment Harvin nicely. Match up nightmare for other teams if we keep him along with harvin, tate, Baldwin, miller, lynch. That's a crazy list.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":g9etz6w3 said:
JSeahawks":g9etz6w3 said:
I don't see it.

But we shall see.

Sadly, I do. He's getting paid a lot of money for middling production. He's good for stretching the field but his play style makes him an injury risk (he falls down hard after almost every catch), and Golden Tate is establishing himself as the bigger threat. Much as I'd love to see Harvin, Rice, and Golden on the field together, it seems likely that Rice is the odd man out.

'Sadly,' I think this post is over-dramatc and exhibits a narrow-mined view of how the offense evolved as the season progressed. Kinda 'sad' actually. He 'fell' soft enough to stay injury-free all of last season, so yeah, I can see where that's a hugh problem.

Who needs play makers anyhow when we have GT with his single, modestly-productive season. And Sid should have hooked up more often wth RW, cuz it's not like they were only working with 1/3 the reps they would normally get in preseason.

Maybe I should just mind meld with a mediot so I won't have to bore myself with all the details. This has been very enlightning. Thank you much.