Florio: Hawks done negotiating w/Adams, will tag him twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2snk1622 said:
hawks85":2snk1622 said:
SoulfishHawk":2snk1622 said:
Adams doesn't belong on this team??? Did you even watch the guy last year??? My god, it just continues on drama island........
Take the sacks away and what do you have. A below average DB who can't cover, yeah I said it. That Ryan Neal Int on Saturday, Adams doesn't catch that it. Yup, I like Neal better than Adams. Adams is a glorified diva and I never liked that dude.
\

Take the sacks away? Lol, that's like saying take the TD passes away from Russell.

Adams is a top 10, if not top 5 defender in the NFL, and adds a much needed physicality and edge to the defense. A defense that had been SEVERELY lacking those things the past 4-5 years.

Was it a desperate trade? Yep, that's what happens when you fail at accumulating playmakers through the draft, you have to overpay for them.

But that doesn't mean this can't work out for both sides if he signs his deal and continues to be the defensive playmaker we need him to be for the next 4-5 years.
Top 5 defender in the NFL? Cmon man get serious. I can name 5 defensive players in the NFC West who are better than Adams.

massari

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":20jwucr6 said:
Take the sacks away? Lol, that's like saying take the TD passes away from Russell..
Not really. The Seahawks were scheming ways to create free runs to the quarterback for Adams. Even using Bobby Wagner as a decoy. Adams was unblocked on 7 of his sacks, and the other 2 he only beat a RB and TE.

Ryan Neal or Marquise Blair could've set the sack record last year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
massari":2cl3vzj0 said:
Sgt. Largent":2cl3vzj0 said:
Take the sacks away? Lol, that's like saying take the TD passes away from Russell..
Not really. The Seahawks were scheming ways to create free runs to the quarterback for Adams. Even using Bobby Wagner as a decoy. Adams was unblocked on 7 of his sacks, and the other 2 he only beat a RB and TE.

Why'd we trade for Adams then and why are we about to give him 38M guaranteed if we already have other guys on the roster that can do what he did last year, and the prior three years in NY?

Man, Pete and John must be idiots!

hawk45

Reaction score
Injuries and regression in coverage last year are two big reasons I didn’t love the idea of giving Adams a big contract, despite his at-times dominance.

Nobody can know if we will tag him twice, that’s florio bull crap, but I’d be a-okay if we tagged him this year, that’s for sure. Especially since his asking price is above what his position commands.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawk45":kmjbfbw0 said:
Injuries and regression in coverage last year are two big reasons I didn’t love the idea of giving Adams a big contract, despite his at-times dominance.

Nobody can know if we will tag him twice, that’s florio bull crap, but I’d be a-okay if we tagged him this year, that’s for sure. Especially since his asking price is above what his position commands.

We don't have to tag him this year, this is the last year of his rookie deal. So if he doesn't want to sign the offer, he has to play for 9.8M.

Realistically we could tag Adams for three years after this, two at the franchise tag, and one at the transitional tag in 2024.

He'll sign the deal. He may be stubborn and prideful, but he can't be that stupid to go through this nonsense for the next 3-4 years missing game checks and being tagged at 4-5M less per year than he's currently being offered.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Kinda wish that's what will happen (it won't). It'd save money and make it hurt much less if last year's injuries persist.

sutz

Reaction score
Funny how playing out his current deal and then tagging him twice works out to basically the same amount-$40 mill-as the deal they offer-$38 mill-while actually paying Adams more each season with the usual up front bonus money that comes with signing the deal.

Schneider is a shrewd one. :twisted:

sc85sis

Reaction score
Can people please stop assuming the press actually knows what’s going on between Pete/John and the players? All this stuff with Russ, and then Adams’ contract, and now I’m sure they’ll jump on the bandwagon claiming the Hawks are in desperate straits over the LT position.

Let things play out.

sutz

Reaction score
sc85sis":38pl6gg1 said:
Can people please stop assuming the press actually knows what’s going on between Pete/John and the players? All this stuff with Russ, and then Adams’ contract, and now I’m sure they’ll jump on the bandwagon claiming the Hawks are in desperate straits over the LT position.

Let things play out.
Nice try, but jumping to conclusions and running off half-cocked is the only excercise most of us get. :twisted:

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -contract/

The Seahawks and Adams have agreed on a new contract. According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, it’s a four-year, $70 million deal with $38 million guaranteed.

Seattle took the risky step of acquiring Adams in a massive trade with the Jets without having a new contract for him already agreed to. That gave Adams serious leverage in contract talks, as no team would want to risk losing a player after trading two first-round draft picks for him. In recent days the sides appeared far enough apart that the Seahawks were considering just letting Adams hit free agency and using the franchise tag to keep him, while Adams was plotting to challenge the safety franchise tag and argue that he’s actually a linebacker.

Now that won’t happen, and Adams will get back to work with a big new deal in place.

massari

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1eyq2cmk said:
massari":1eyq2cmk said:
Sgt. Largent":1eyq2cmk said:

Why'd we trade for Adams then and why are we about to give him 38M guaranteed if we already have other guys on the roster that can do what he did last year, and the prior three years in NY?

Man, Pete and John must be idiots!
idk Maybe there's more to him than free runs to the QB. Just a guess.

pmedic920

Reaction score
sc85sis":13042sk3 said:

Let things play out.
It’s all about the “clicks”.

Clicks generate revenue, and today’s “journalists” will say just about anything in an attempt to get us to click.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Funny you mention Cowherd, yesterday he went on a 20 minute diatribe about the “messy” situation….then 30 seconds after he moved on to the next topic had to come back and report the signing. I swear Pete and John were trolling.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's awesome. And it's extremely rare that these blowhards just come out and admit they were wrong. Shoot, they actually act MORE angry when they are wrong. They're still fighting the Russ predictions 10 years later :roll:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2xplr3sr said:
That's awesome. And it's extremely rare that these blowhards just come out and admit they were wrong. Shoot, they actually act MORE angry when they are wrong. They're still fighting the Russ predictions 10 years later :roll:
My favorite was when SAS and Skip Bayless had to admit how badly they missed on their predictions of XLVIII.
They couldn’t use any excuses because of the pure domination by the Hawks that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.