Hawks "could" be waiting on Mack and/or Joey Bosa

DirectMessage

Reaction score
I know it’s fun to look at WRs but is there any reason at all to sign more?
I don't really think Lockett and DK fit into the air raid system. Guys like Hunter and ones like him in the draft are where the team should move to. So if you can get him for 3-5 million, it's a no brainier for me. I don't even think our running backs are a good fit in that system. Max Borghi and how versatile he can run and catch like a poor man's McCaffrey are vital in this system. If I am understanding the air raid system.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Mack is old and there's probably not much left there. Especially for the price, so I would say no to him. I don't think Bosa is going anywhere. They'll get rid of Allen and others first.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Mack is old and there's probably not much left there. Especially for the price, so I would say no to him. I don't think Bosa is going anywhere. They'll get rid of Allen and others first.
Not sure I agree as to Keenan Allen. Kind of their version of Lockett were he has been there forever and is kind of part of the fabric of the organization

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I don't really think Lockett and DK fit into the air raid system. Guys like Hunter and ones like him in the draft are where the team should move to. So if you can get him for 3-5 million, it's a no brainier for me. I don't even think our running backs are a good fit in that system. Max Borghi and how versatile he can run and catch like a poor man's McCaffrey are vital in this system. If I am understanding the air raid system.
Not really an air raid system, more of a Pro Spread that relies on a ton of Pre snap movement and reads. Grub has been perfecting it for 16 years and is pretty adamant it's not the air raid. DK could do really well in this system.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Not really an air raid system, more of a Pro Spread that relies on a ton of Pre snap movement and reads. Grub has been perfecting it for 16 years and is pretty adamant it's not the air raid. DK could do really well in this system.
Good to know. Is his system called something, or does anyone know of a breakdown explaining it?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Not sure I agree as to Keenan Allen. Kind of their version of Lockett were he has been there forever and is kind of part of the fabric of the organization

You could definitely be right. Pretty big cap hit from him though and it seems easier to replace receivers. Just business.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Good to know. Is his system called something, or does anyone know of a breakdown explaining it?

HawkoTuesday

Reaction score
I think Shefty already said Mack is staying with the Chargers and will re-structure.