Votes: 21 19.8%
  • No

Votes: 76 71.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 8.5%

• Total voters

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sure he needs to chill sometimes. But in this recent game, this isn't even 1 percent on him. That POS Warner should have been blasted, and I wish DK would have. Instead, most of his teammates stood around with their tails between their legs. I miss the days when this team had some fire under them, had some passion, fought for the team and their teammates. And it's another reason that I think Pete has lost the team, it's my own opinion but I stick to it.
ZERO discipline, zero fire, and they get pushed around on a regular basis.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
^
How many ejections and fines did Doug Baldwin and Steve Largent get ?
The league was somewhat different and there were less taunting penalties too then. I’d rather have fiery than phlegmatic any day.Warner cheap shotted DK. That should have been penalized, but it was another retaliation penalty.DK’s temper when physically challenged is his enemy and eventually he will learn to channel it like Largent (Hardin) and ADB did.

Teams are trying to tip him over and there is no doubt he must learn to challenge opponents with his play rather than losing his cool. I believe he is an exceptional WR and valuable to the team. He will learn to manage his responses, until then it’s a cost benefit situation and he is a valuable part of the O.

His situation undoubtedly needs to be managed but his ejection against SF was provoked and SF should have had two players ejected other than the DB who was directed to provoke DK.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sure he needs to chill sometimes. But in this recent game, this isn't even 1 percent on him. That POS Warner should have been blasted, and I wish DK would have. Instead, most of his teammates stood around with their tails between their legs. I miss the days when this team had some fire under them, had some passion, fought for the team and their teammates. And it's another reason that I think Pete has lost the team, it's my own opinion but I stick to it.
ZERO discipline, zero fire, and they get pushed around on a regular basis.
I too am getting tired of a team that seems to allow themselves to be pushed around. Wonder where were his teammates? Give me the guys who are not afraid to punch back than those who shrug and don’t show up.

Rat

Reaction score
Funny how every other fan of teams we face think he’s an absolute monster but here in Seattle, we think he’s subpar.

Not. He’s a monster on the field.
A whole 19% said we should trade him in the poll, but "in Seattle, we think he's subpar".

GemCity

Reaction score
A whole 19% said we should trade him in the poll, but "in Seattle, we think he's subpar".
Oh? The results are conclusive and the entire fan base voted. My bad.
And if you’re going to round it, it’s 20%.

morgulon1

Reaction score
The league was somewhat different and there were less taunting penalties too then. I’d rather have fiery than phlegmatic any day.Warner cheap shotted DK. That should have been penalized, but it was another retaliation penalty.DK’s temper when physically challenged is his enemy and eventually he will learn to channel it like Largent (Hardin) and ADB did.

Teams are trying to tip him over and there is no doubt he must learn to challenge opponents with his play rather than losing his cool. I believe he is an exceptional WR and valuable to the team. He will learn to manage his responses, until then it’s a cost benefit situation and he is a valuable part of the O.

His situation undoubtedly needs to be managed but his ejection against SF was provoked and SF should have had two players ejected other than the DB who was directed to provoke DK.
My only question is when?

He's been in the league 5 -6 years , wouldn't this be more of an indication of what he is rather than what we'd like him to be? He should be a leader of JSN and the other guys , I don't think Lockett is the guy to do it.

For the record I hope he can get it together.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I like DK, I just wish he could control his emotions for the good of the team. Imagine we're in the SB, 4th quarter, tie game, and the other team baits him with a cheap shot and he loses it and gets ejected. That's what's on the line here. It would be an interesting analysis to see how many of the games he's been called for a flagrant or been ejected in, we have actually won. I'm guessing it's not a favorable statistic, although I could be wrong.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Why would I want them to get rid of the best player on the team? Constantly rebuilding doesn't make any sense. The whole reason you rebuild is to get better players. Ridiculous!

The team hasn't done a full rebuild since 2011, which is why we have seen a dwindling team but nothing that was bottom dwelling (which usually leads to a rebuild of a STRONG team).

Rat

Reaction score
Oh? The results are conclusive and the entire fan base voted. My bad.
And if you’re going to round it, it’s 20%.
That changes it then. I should have gone with your evidenced-based scientific approach of "what things seem like."

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The 49ers admitted game planning to use Metcalf's temper against him ; which worked . Let's see if the Eagles do the same . A hair trigger temper is not a plus .

And now that the word is out, every team is going to work him harder and every official is going to be looking at DK (rather than the actions that caused the outburst). He is now on the hot seat...

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I'd be happy to trade him for 2 firsts or at least a first plus. I feel he is pretty over rated by this board. He has two good talents, He is big and fast. He has a two cent head, poor hands, and does not make contested catches. His route running isn't great because he is so big. For a guy his size he doesn't seem able to make it an advantage much, especially in the end zone. He is one of the highest targeted players in the end zone but He doesn't have a whole lot to show for it. In fact he has a massive target share on this team and middling results. That isn't the coaches fault.
Let me get this right..
He is overrated but he is worth 2 first round picks.

Tyler and DK each have 93 targets with JSN having 75, not sure that counts as a massive target share.

DK has 11 3rd down catches with 10 first downs and a 19.7 ypc
He has 9 RZ catches with 5 TD
He's a good receiver ; but he's also a wanna be thug and drama queen . Trade him and throw in Adams too .
nice dog whistle, exactly what I’ve come to expect from you.

GemCity

Reaction score
That changes it then. I should have gone with your evidenced-based scientific approach of "what things seem like."
Cmon now Rat…you know there have been a slew of posts about trading DK.

Yes, if someone was willing to offer a couple of firsts or better, anyone would entertain that.

But, DK is one of our best players. The thought that he’d be a top 5 guy, with another team and QB, isn’t far fetched.

I agree…my post was far from being evidence based. Likes/dislikes for a particular player can be found in every fanbase…regardless of who that player is.

I still think we’d be nuts to trade him for what some have said would be sufficient in these forums.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Interesting factoid:

DK's catch percentage is 54.84% this season. This ranks 58th out of 65 for all receivers with 50 targets or more.

For comparison, Lockett catch rate percentage is 69.89%, ranking 13th overall out of 65.

Not hatin' just statin (the facts).

GemCity

Reaction score
Interesting factoid:

DK's catch percentage is 54.84% this season. This ranks 58th out of 65 for all receivers with 50 targets or more.

For comparison, Lockett catch rate percentage is 69.89%, ranking 13th overall out 65.

Not hatin' just statin (the facts).
Is that catchable balls? Doesn’t sound like it.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Out of here for the sake of having him out of here? No. If we can get good value for him? Won't miss him that much. Too much TO in him not enough Megatron.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Out of here for the sake of having him out of here? No. If we can get good value for him? Won't miss him that much. Too much TO in him not enough Megatron.

You should never get rid of your #1 receiver unless the situation is so untenable that it has to be done.

We're certainly nowhere near that kind of last resort decision with DK. He's an extremely valuable and talented receiver who IMO if you had a QB and coordinator who did a much better job of taking advantage of DK? You'd see the frustrating outbursts and nonsense simmer down to nothing.