Votes: 21 19.8%
  • No

Votes: 76 71.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 8.5%

• Total voters

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Receptions versus targets. It doesn't factor in whether or not the ball was catchable.

56 of his 93 targets were “catchable”
51 receptions on 56 catchable balls doesn’t seem too bad to me.

Last edited:

JustTheTip

Reaction score
You should never get rid of your #1 receiver unless the situation is so untenable that it has to be done.

We're certainly nowhere near that kind of last resort decision with DK. He's an extremely valuable and talented receiver who IMO if you had a QB and coordinator who did a much better job of taking advantage of DK? You'd see the frustrating outbursts and nonsense simmer down to nothing.
Problem is we are very likely a few years from getting QB/coordinator/head coach sorted out. Also, I think even if DK is being used properly, other teams know how to get under his skin and the ways he hurts the team will continue to be an issue.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Damn, so now he's TO? ok.............
I didn't say he was TO, but if you can't see the tendency to some of TO's behaviors in DK, then it is probably best we just ignore each other on the subject. Also of note, if he can control those behaviors then they aren't necessarily a bad thing in a professional athlete. Calvin Johnson had them under control, TO didn't. So far DK leans more towards TO than CJ where this is concerned.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Problem is we are very likely a few years from getting QB/coordinator/head coach sorted out. Also, I think even if DK is being used properly, other teams know how to get under his skin and the ways he hurts the team will continue to be an issue.

The first part of this I agree with, it probably will be years.

The 2nd part I don't agree with. As much as I hate DK's stupid penalties and outbursts, they've yet to cost us a game or promote division in the locker room (that I've heard).

So just because it might be years to get a better QB and coordinator/coach you want to get rid of arguably our best offensive player........which would make the team even worse?

I don't understand that logic. You get rid of players when they're on field value no longer outweigh their pain in the ass and/or salary. DK is nowhere near that Mason-Dixon line. He's still a very good receiver.

xray

Reaction score
Interesting factoid:

DK's catch percentage is 54.84% this season. This ranks 58th out of 65 for all receivers with 50 targets or more.

For comparison, Lockett catch rate percentage is 69.89%, ranking 13th overall out of 65.

Not hatin' just statin (the facts).
Metcalf's only known skill evolves around catching a football ; and he ranks 58th out 65 receivers in the numbers that really matter . However ; he ranks at or near the top at collecting fines for dirty play . Numbers don't lie .

JustTheTip

Reaction score
The first part of this I agree with, it probably will be years.

The 2nd part I don't agree with. As much as I hate DK's stupid penalties and outbursts, they've yet to cost us a game or promote division in the locker room (that I've heard).

So just because it might be years to get a better QB and coordinator/coach you want to get rid of arguably our best offensive player........which would make the team even worse?

I don't understand that logic. You get rid of players when they're on field value no longer outweigh their pain in the ass and/or salary. DK is nowhere near that Mason-Dixon line. He's still a very good receiver.
Which means he still has value now. You can use that value to, say, build your OL and DL and prepare for the next wave of skill players. If you can get a 1st and a 2nd for him (depending on where those are predicted to be) then I would be for it, especially considering where the team is. If he doesn't get his outbursts under control then he loses value both on the team and as a trading chip. All the sudden you are talking 3rd or 4th round picks at best.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Metcalf's only known skill evolves around catching a football ; and he ranks 58th out 65 receivers in the numbers that really matter . However ; he ranks at or near the top at collecting fines for dirty play . Numbers don't lie .
#20 yards
#6 TD’s
#26 targets
#47 receptions
#2 avg yrds per
So what are you talking about again?

Last edited:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'd be happy to trade him for 2 firsts or at least a first plus. I feel he is pretty over rated by this board. He has two good talents, He is big and fast. He has a two cent head, poor hands, and does not make contested catches. His route running isn't great because he is so big. For a guy his size he doesn't seem able to make it an advantage much, especially in the end zone. He is one of the highest targeted players in the end zone but He doesn't have a whole lot to show for it. In fact he has a massive target share on this team and middling results. That isn't the coaches fault.
I can't help but think of that TD pass a while back that went straight spiral
of his face shield.

He does have these great games but then has these others where his catch %
is like horrible and he's always been bad at high pointing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was his fault the ball got there as he was turning his head, and it hit him in the face? I don't remember anyone complaining after his game winning catches.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
OK let's reframe.

Whenever you make a decision like this, put the feelings aside. Results/outcomes matter. Feelings only matter in terms of tickets or merch sold.

What is the upside?
What is the downside?

The upside feels negligible. The downside of removing your most physical and talented player? Depends on your perspective.

It feels like a high risk, low reward move.
But there is the argument that sometimes you need to shake things up to get the change you want. Usually that happens when you bring in a new coaching staff. Getting rid of a star and keeping the coaching staff probably won't result in the change you want.

This team is likely to be bobbing just below and just above .500 as long as Pete stays. Then it will probably get worse, (as the chance of getting a winning coach is low.)
So like it or not, DK is probably going to be one of the few bright spots to watch on this team. Maybe a few more will pop up, maybe Spoon won't regress like Riq did. But getting rid of one of the few things you can enjoy watching in games is more a Mariner move than a Seahawk move.

hoxrox

Reaction score
#20 yards
#6 TD’s
#26 targets
#47 receptions
These stats could be better, relative to what he's being paid.

Maybe more of scheme/Geno issue, but this season so far, the ROI is not there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Which means he still has value now. You can use that value to, say, build your OL and DL and prepare for the next wave of skill players. If you can get a 1st and a 2nd for him (depending on where those are predicted to be) then I would be for it, especially considering where the team is. If he doesn't get his outbursts under control then he loses value both on the team and as a trading chip. All the sudden you are talking 3rd or 4th round picks at best.

I don't think DK has as much high pick value as you think. Maybe something like a 2nd and 3rd? Certainly not a 1st.

But that's OK, we disagree. I'm not ready to give up on DK's potential at 26 and now our #1 receiver with Lockett seemingly on the downside of his career, and JSN not exactly setting the league on fire.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I don't think DK has as much high pick value as you think. Maybe something like a 2nd and 3rd? Certainly not a 1st.

But that's OK, we disagree. I'm not ready to give up on DK's potential at 26 and now our #1 receiver with Lockett seemingly on the downside of his career, and JSN not exactly setting the league on fire.
If only a 2nd and 3rd, I would agree with you that we should keep him.

Jac

Reaction score
But why would you want to put that value in the hands of the leadership that has us years away from sorting QB/coordinators/HC? Our leadership does a remarkable job as is of squandering value.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Of course not. I just want to see him get to play under new team culture.
Bing bing bing bing bing, winner winner chicken dinner. I am TIRED of the Pete Carroll era. He started slow, built into a crescendo that came crashing down after he lost the Super Bowl with his poor clock management, and stupid play calls. He is finished, and lost the team on that very day. Yet here we are, still letting the Coaching cripple trying to lead players he is old enough to be great grandpa for. Back to DK and whether he stays or goes. I want a new Coach and let them be someone who is known for the Offensive side of things, and allow him freedom to do as he needs to get the job done.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
BTW you know comparing DK to TO is a complement, right?

If DK turns into TO that's a win. TO is a HOF. DK isn't. (He might be on another staff though....)

nanomoz

Reaction score
If Pete stays, I don't see how his cap hit is worth it. Pete and whomever he hires don't seem to know how to consistently utilize weapons.

Latest posts