Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Giants)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This one is a must win. Make no mistake. If we don't win, we have our backs against the wall against the Cardinals and Rams, which doesn't give me warm fuzzy thoughts. The Saints and Niners could very well win out, so if we want the division and #1 seed, we have to beat the Giants to keep them off our backs.

Seahawks 24
Giants 17

My Record to Date: 9-4

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
I'm more nervous about this game than I was the 49ers game. As good as we are, the 10am starts in the EST are like Kryptonite to us and the Giants are playing better now than they were in the first half of the season.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":x0hb0yun said:
I'm more nervous about this game than I was the 49ers game. As good as we are, the 10am starts in the EST are like Kryptonite to us and the Giants are playing better now than they were in the first half of the season.

Seattle is 3-1 in 10AM games this year.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Weather sounds like it could be dicey.
Haven't heard if they are wearing all white or not(Please No!)
But I have a feeling they right the ship Sunday!

Hawks - 34

Giants - 13

11-2

Go Hawks!

Chaosist

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1lm2aywv said:
While I had some worries about last week closer to gameday, I don't see this one being close. The Giants have only beaten bad teams, and Seattle's going to be aching for some redemption. This one's not close.

Seattle 35 Giants 10

YTD: 10-3
Hey, we beat... umm... Green Bay... ummm... without Rodgers... umm...

Carry on.

Chaosist

Reaction score
Friendly Giants fan here.

My prediction, saying weather isn't a complete crapstorm, is Seattle 37, NY 17. Lynch, however, doesn't eclipse 100 yards if the defense doesn't completely mail it in.

Unfortunately, I don't have much faith in my squad this year, not that they've earned it yet.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
The only part of me that fears this game is my inner longtime fan who has had the Seahawks break his heart way too many times, and now that there's one loss I start fearing that the worst-case scenario could actually happen.

But all of the above is a completely irrational way of thinking about this, and I reject irrational thinking. So...

Seahawks 27, Giants 13

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have always had ultimate respect for the Giants and their fans. They have a very strong history and their fans were awesome every time I have seen them in Seattle. Complimentary to the city, while walking into a game years ago a small group talked with us and just enjoyed themselves. They are more interested in their team playing good football than the other team losing.

I have never heard a Giants fan say "the Hawks have never won a Super Bowl" even after laying a beat Down on them like in 2006.

I truly enjoy the "football life" stories with the Giants and the entire Coughlin era. I want them to win whenever it doesn't hurt Seattle and I was totally on board with them each year they have won the Super Bowl. Just great stories to go with their wins. The fumble in the 90 NFCC, the 2007 and 2011 runs they made were laden with emotion and heart. Week 17 in 2007, when they took the Pats to the end in a game they didn't even have to play. Even the stories of Judy Coughlin. Just awesome stuff that hits home. Before the winning drive in the 07 Super Bowl, I told my old man, "Eli Manning can define his entire career here if he does it" and he did it, Tyree made that catch and you just knew that they would win

If I wasn't a Seahawks fan, I would be a Giants fan. They have spread their success out over 4 decades! 1 Super Bowl in every era. Amazing. .

That said, I feel like the Hawks will get the best game they can from the Giants. I expect them to play with heart and play loose. I think that they may even have a small lead after 1 half but that the Hawks will stay true to their game and end up taking advantage of a mistake that starts the come back that ends with a Seahawks victory.

27-17 Hawks. I think that Eli will have a lot of yards but that he makes a pressure induced mistake, probably 2.

Chaosist

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":35b9muol said:
I have always had ultimate respect for the Giants and their fans. They have a very strong history and their fans were awesome every time I have seen them in Seattle. Complimentary to the city, while walking into a game years ago a small group talked with us and just enjoyed themselves. They are more interested in their team playing good football than the other team losing.

I have never heard a Giants fan say "the Hawks have never won a Super Bowl" even after laying a beat Down on them like in 2006.

I truly enjoy the "football life" stories with the Giants and the entire Coughlin era. I want them to win whenever it doesn't hurt Seattle and I was totally on board with them each year they have won the Super Bowl. Just great stories to go with their wins. The fumble in the 90 NFCC, the 2007 and 2011 runs they made were laden with emotion and heart. Week 17 in 2007, when they took the Pats to the end in a game they didn't even have to play. Even the stories of Judy Coughlin. Just awesome stuff that hits home. Before the winning drive in the 07 Super Bowl, I told my old man, "Eli Manning can define his entire career here if he does it" and he did it, Tyree made that catch and you just knew that they would win

If I wasn't a Seahawks fan, I would be a Giants fan. They have spread their success out over 4 decades! 1 Super Bowl in every era. Amazing. .

That said, I feel like the Hawks will get the best game they can from the Giants. I expect them to play with heart and play loose. I think that they may even have a small lead after 1 half but that the Hawks will stay true to their game and end up taking advantage of a mistake that starts the come back that ends with a Seahawks victory.

27-17 Hawks. I think that Eli will have a lot of yards but that he makes a pressure induced mistake, probably 2.
I have nothing bad to say about Hawk fans, either. The random couple I know in real life aren't bad, and you lot here seem good. Most of you have at least a reasonable football IQ, lol.

I must say, though, Niner fans are the biggest scumbags I've come across on the internet. And I'm not even saying that to ingratiate myself to you guys. Back before the '11 NFCCG, some SF fans came to our boards and they were just straight degenerates. More than one made 9/11 jokes. Yeah. They went there. And the %&*@ers wouldn't even accept Giants fans as members on their boards to actually talk about football, lol.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Chaosist":2urbwl42 said:
I must say, though, Niner fans are the biggest scumbags I've come across on the internet. And I'm not even saying that to ingratiate myself to you guys. Back before the '11 NFCCG, some SF fans came to our boards and they were just straight degenerates. More than one made 9/11 jokes. Yeah. They went there. And the %&*@ers wouldn't even accept Giants fans as members on their boards to actually talk about football, lol.

Welcome to the neighborhood! That kind of confrontational idiocy has become more pronounced around here the past few years also. I have a hard time disparaging an entire fan base, but when so many of them talk like a duck and act like a duck... you know... they show up and there's duck poop everywhere.

I'm glad you could come around and chat with us. :D There are some very knowledgeable folks around here. Let's hope for a good, entertaining, injury-free game this week!

Chaosist

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3lfiyhup said:
Chaosist":3lfiyhup said:

Welcome to the neighborhood! That kind of confrontational idiocy has become more pronounced around here the past few years also. I have a hard time disparaging an entire fan base, but when so many of them talk like a duck and act like a duck... you know... they show up and there's duck poop everywhere.

I'm glad you could come around and chat with us. :D There are some very knowledgeable folks around here. Let's hope for a good, entertaining, injury-free game this week!
Indeed. My squad isn't all that good this year, so I can't talk too much this season (unlike in seasons past when we've played).

All I can hope for is a competitive game. And as always, injury free on both sides.

But, I forgot, we have a secret weapon this season... Allen Bradford!

It's kind of funny, though. I actually know someone that is a fan of both the Niners and Seahaws, lol. Seattle was his AFC team back when you guys were in the AFCW. I told him he had to choose now. Can't be a fan of 2 teams in the same division, lol.

daketah

Reaction score
Another shutout...

prediction by me.

Hawks - 24
Giants - none

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm scared for the playoffs if we score less than 34. Their defense is weak, their offense is putrid, and our guys are expecting to have this be a "practice run" for February.

Seahawks win 45-13.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I may have been the only guy to pick SF last week, this one won't be that close
Seahawks 28 Giants 17.
12-1, DAMN U INDY!