Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Colts)

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
As I wrote in the Preview Thread, this Colts team has yielded a surprising amount of yards on the ground. Were it not for the Jaguars, this team would rank as one of the worst run defenses thus far. Also, Andrew Luck under pressure this year has been a far different animal than he has been with a nice, comfy pocket. He's most certainly NOT going to have that this week. The Offensive Line of the Colts coming in to Thursday's game were #2 in QB Hits Allowed (34). Andrew Luck is the 7th most pressured QB in the league so far this year ... and under pressure is completing only 43.5% of his passes. Couple that with the fact that Ricky Jean Francois, Ahmad Bradshaw, and LaRon Landry will miss this game ... and suddenly, the prospect of going 5-0 doesn't seem that far fetched.

I'm calling it ...

Seahawks 24
Colts 13

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Oline nearly gets wilson killed in the first half but our defense gets a safety when Irvin scares Luck out of the endzone on a dropback.

Halftime score 3-2 Colts.

Second half our Oline is even worse but Chancellor picks a ball off on the Colts 25 yard line. Wilson breaks loose and runs to the right side and hits Golden Tate for a touchdown that is called back by a hold. Wilson gets sacked on the next play. Haushka comes in to kick a 58 yard field goal for the win.

Final score 5-3.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
LotsOfLuck":1ouf0lqf said:
Hawks may win this game but those that are calling Colts a finesse team haven't seen us play much recently. This isn't the Manning era Colts teams you saw for years. If it were, I'd actually be very confident in this game. Manning used to tear apart defenses that thought they could just physically dominate games. He OWNED the Ravens, for example.

We aren't a finesse team and that's why I give the edge to Seattle. We're probably not as good at beating good teams in physical games as you are. We'll see how things turn out but some of these comments make it sound like they haven't seen the Colts play since 2010. We aren't that team anymore.

No, the Colts aren't a finesse team, but the Seahawks don't care. To them, everyone is a finesse team.

BGHawk

Reaction score
kick them squarely in the nutsack straight out the gate and hammer them relentlessly when they are down...42-13 Go Hawks

Sac

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1wyt1cc0 said:
LotsOfLuck":1wyt1cc0 said:
Hawks may win this game but those that are calling Colts a finesse team haven't seen us play much recently. This isn't the Manning era Colts teams you saw for years. If it were, I'd actually be very confident in this game. Manning used to tear apart defenses that thought they could just physically dominate games. He OWNED the Ravens, for example.

We aren't a finesse team and that's why I give the edge to Seattle. We're probably not as good at beating good teams in physical games as you are. We'll see how things turn out but some of these comments make it sound like they haven't seen the Colts play since 2010. We aren't that team anymore.

No, the Colts aren't a finesse team, but the Seahawks don't care. To them, everyone is a finesse team.

This

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Had to get this in before the game!

Tough game like last week, but we match up better this week.

Seahawks win 31-23.

RTD: 4-0

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
A correction will be made in our luck= it will go back to normal Seahawks luck (gulp)!

Seahawks 14
Colts 23

4-0 record

OlyHawk

Reaction score
I was worried about this game when I think of our offensive line issues. I'm hoping a week together will have better results against a less imposing front four in the Colts. We could lose by 10 if we don't wake up in the first quarter. I was thinking a comfortable 30 to 17 win sounds good, but I'll predict a more realistic hard fought game.

Seahawks win 23 -17

Season 3 - 1

OlyHawk

Reaction score
I was worried about this game when I think of our offensive line issues. I'm hoping a week together will have better results against a less imposing front four in the Colts. We could lose by 10 if we don't wake up in the first quarter. I was thinking a comfortable 30 to 17 win sounds good, but I'll predict a more realistic hard fought game.

Seahawks win 23 -17

Season 3 - 1

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Colts win 31 - 27

Two wins in a row in a very tough environments, at 10:00PM PST, with a sh*tty OL and against very good teams is a tall order that asks for consecutive miracles. ...And even LUCK is on Indy's side.

NFL Fan

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1lhy4j12 said:
Luck just still isn't convincing me that he's all that and a bag of chips.
Then you havn't seen him much. Watch and take notes.

Colts 24

Hawks 20

NFL Fan

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3u5ngco7 said:
Couple that with the fact that Ricky Jean Francois, Ahmad Bradshaw, and LaRon Landry will miss this game ... and suddenly, the prospect of going 5-0 doesn't seem that far fetched.
RJF is not a pro bowl player and will not be missed much. Bradshaw's absence doesn't help, but Richardson and Brown will do just fine. And Landry's backup, Delano Howell has been playing surprisingly well. Those 3 players aren't make or break for us.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I just shake my head at the people who try to down-play how good Luck is. You sound like the people who'd look at Wilson's stat line and draw the conclusion that he's not that good. Watch a game or two sometime.

NFL Fan

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1tb4jtyf said:
I just shake my head at the people who try to down-play how good Luck is. You sound like the people who'd look at Wilson's stat line and draw the conclusion that he's not that good. Watch a game or two sometime.
Thank you for that level headed response. Maybe people havn't seen him play much. He makes plays when it counts.

Latest posts