Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Colts)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Last week I really wanted to change my prediction after learning the state of health of our OL. Thoughts of Watt and company destroying us was not far from the truth. I was convinced we would come up short due to our M*A*S*H unit going up against one of the best front 7's and certainly the best defender in the NFL. Even I was shocked how poor we looked on both sides of the ball for the first half of the game. The magical 4th and 5th quarter just underscored that this team is the real deal. Welcome to Club Elite boys and girls!

I think the Colts present a similar test although not quite the power punch on the DL. This will be Luck's first real test against the best secondary in the NFL. This matchup is intriguing. A smaller part of me thinks this will be our first loss of the year but I can't do that. With Irvin returning, and potentially Unger and Bennett and the resolve the team showed last Sunday...Confidence can't get much higher. Look for a potential low scoring, defensive affair. He who turns over the ball less wins.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 26 - Colts 23

Aros' Fearless Record: 4-0

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
We are a matchup nightmare for the Colts. We will bring heat on Luck all day long and allow our corners to do what they do best. Indy might get a lot of yards, but they won't get a lot of points, true to the nature of our D. If the offense isn't overwhelmed by rushers every snap of the ball, we should be able to score enough points to win.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Colts fans are going to think I am a dick here.
I think Seattle can treat this team a lot like the Ravens did last year. Just a physical ass kicking. Turn Lynch loose early, steal their will, then Wilson steals their lunch money.

Luck starts strong, Seattle pulls away 2nd half, 24-10.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3j3mu53w said:
Colts fans are going to think I am a dick here.
I think Seattle can treat this team a lot like the Ravens did last year. Just a physical ass kicking. Turn Lynch loose early, steal their will, then Wilson steals their lunch money.

Luck starts strong, Seattle pulls away 2nd half, 24-10.

Yep, I see it going this way as well. They are a good team, but a finesse team. Finesse teams typically crumple under the weight of Seahawks Football.

the ditch

Reaction score
Until we lose I'm going to keep picking the Seahawks. I don't know what Pete and company have done but we are winning 10am pacific games on the road. I know the Colts are a good team but we're just "on", it seems this team can win in any circumstance.

Seahawks 24
Colts 17

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think the Hawks are a better team, but the Colts are no joke. I think the attrition from playing such a brutal game in Houston and then going back on the road to play another tough team is going to be the difference in this one. I hope I am wrong.

Colts 24, Hawks 17

White Knight

Reaction score
I am much less concerned about this game than I was the Houston game. I don't see the team losing coming off the incredible team-building confidence exercise we had against the Texans. Couple the better match-ups this week with the removal of some of the pressure to "prove" themselves I see a looser team taking it to the Colts from the outset.

24-13 Seahawks

Go Hawks.

Sac

Reaction score
Hawks: 31
Colts: 13

We will run down their throats and another their recovers. Lots of play action goodness for RW.

Record to Date: 4-0

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I'm all in now. I think the emphasis this week will be to get the offense rolling in spite of the line issues.

Seahawks 30 - Colts 16

OrFan

Reaction score
They do not trust their kicker so field goal tries will be limited. This will hurt them.

Our offense will come back strong and Marshawn will have a really good day as it is their weakness and our line right now can run block.

We come out and show some good things early in this one. I've predicted a couple close 3 point wins this year, not this one.

Seahawks - 30

Colts - 10

4 - 0 this year.

12thMan1

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":zq4fd2pf said:
I'm going 23-10 'Hawks. I think we match up quite well against this team and Luck just still isn't convincing me that he's all that and a bag of chips. their defense is deceptively good and we WILL start slow on offense, but I think we keep it close by half time, then put the game away in the second half.

Mmmmmm....chips.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
In my season prediction thread, I had this as our first loss. In the back of my head, I still think that's a distinct possibility after last week's attrition.

However, I refuse to bet against this team, ever, and the fact the defense is going to be pissed after giving up 20 points...

Seattle 27 Indianapolis 9

Edit: 4-0 YTD if anyone cares.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I sweated the Houston game a lot harder than this one last week, and honestly I think I had more fear of Carolina before opening day too. The Colts could beat us, but I don't think that it's particularly likely.

Seahawks 27, Colts 17

Season record 3-1

rsm650

Reaction score
We HAVE to protect Russell Wilson better, although I don't think it gets any worse than last week considering Houston one of the best defenses in the league. I think the Colts' D are really underrated just like Carolina's D. We've seen them beat up the 49ers like we did. I'm thinking that this is like the Detroit or Miami game last year. I'm predicting penalties will cost us and a last minute TD from Indianapolis. 24-20 Colts.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
30-17 Hawks

Probably start the game with several FGs, but second half will be all TDs.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Well the Colts defense showed me something when they smashed the Niners. They are no joke, but they don't have the front 7 that Houston does. I also think that Luck will be running for his life on Sunday. There is a lot of improvment to be had on our offense and I think we'll take another step forward this week. Easier win than the Texans, but a tough matchup nonetheless.

HAWKS - 31

COLTS - 17

STD: 4 - 0

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
To me, this game is about one thing above all else: Can Dan Quinn take what he saw in our first half against Houston, and learn from it, and get our defense starting off much more effectively against a good offense on the road at 10am?

Even if we barely squeak this one out, I will feel much better if we don't come out looking like a Benny Hill-themed SNL skit in the first half on defense. (Unfortunately, I'm still sort of expecting that on offense.)

Oops, forgot my prediction. 26-14 Seahawks.

C-Dub

Reaction score
As usual, I will predict total domination. It'll be interesting especially after an emotional win.

C-Dub's Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 34 - Colts 13

C-Dub's Fearless Record: 4-0