Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Colts)

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
This is a game where I don't have enough confidence in our offense to score points on the road, and it's going to take a better effort than what we've seen on the road to win this game, imo. I love our D, but Luck protects the ball better than any QB we've seen so far, which is something we've feasted on and has directly tilted games to our O to get points. I don't see any team really mowing us down, but right now our offense has a lot to prove on the road in means of consistency. It will, however, to not play a monster front 7 on the road. Still a top 10 D at this point, though.

Last weeks win was huge - starting the season 4-1 at worst is a big win for the first 5 games, especially since I see a 4 or 5 game win streak coming up. I can relax this Sunday and if the Hawks stumble, it's nothing to sweat. A second away game in a row against a good opponent, with our road offense struggling isn't a great recipe.

Colts - 24
Hawks - 17

Sharkahawkolic

Reaction score
I'm not worried about this game. In fact, I think it will be a blow out. Luck feels the pressure to beat the baby faced killer and hurls three int's. Lynch breaks out and has a monster day. With the ground game established Tate breaks tackles, scoring 2 TD's.

Hawks 35
Colts 13

pmedic920

Reaction score
the ditch":qhdo67vr said:
Until we lose I'm going to keep picking the Seahawks. I don't know what Pete and company have done but we are winning 10am pacific games on the road. I know the Colts are a good team but we're just "on", it seems this team can win in any circumstance.

Seahawks 24
Colts 17

Tell me you're not saying after a loss you're going to stop picking the Hawks.

SEAHAWKS 23. "clots" 9.

OrFan

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":g7we775n said:
This is a game where I don't have enough confidence in our offense to score points on the road, and it's going to take a better effort than what we've seen on the road to win this game, imo. I love our D, but Luck protects the ball better than any QB we've seen so far, which is something we've feasted on and has directly tilted games to our O to get points. I don't see any team really mowing us down, but right now our offense has a lot to prove on the road in means of consistency. It will, however, to not play a monster front 7 on the road. Still a top 10 D at this point, though.

Last weeks win was huge - starting the season 4-1 at worst is a big win for the first 5 games, especially since I see a 4 or 5 game win streak coming up. I can relax this Sunday and if the Hawks stumble, it's nothing to sweat. A second away game in a row against a good opponent, with our road offense struggling isn't a great recipe.

Colts - 24
Hawks - 17

So, your strategy is to pick against the Hawks every game this year? Some kind of reverse psychology?

edogg23

Reaction score
I don't see the hawks scoring a lot of points with this O0Line but at the same time, I think they learned a little from the Houston game on how to still be successful with it.

Seahawks 20-10

Season record 4-0

Seahawks are going 23-0 this year!!!!!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawks start slow (body clock) in a 10 AM road game as usual but the defense holds the faster starting Dolts to several FGs. 2nd half wake up means another come from behind win. Besides, based on superstition, I ain't picking against the Hawks 'til they come up short....if they do.

Hawks 20
Dolts 16

To date 4-0

mirrikat45

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1d46akux said:
We are a matchup nightmare for the Colts. We will bring heat on Luck all day long and allow our corners to do what they do best. Indy might get a lot of yards, but they won't get a lot of points, true to the nature of our D. If the offense isn't overwhelmed by rushers every snap of the ball, we should be able to score enough points to win.

This is pretty much how I feel. Not to mention last week's epic win will really inspire these guys with confidence.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Aros":2l3wc4ro said:
Last week I really wanted to change my prediction after learning the state of health of our OL. Thoughts of Watt and company destroying us was not far from the truth. I was convinced we would come up short due to our M*A*S*H unit going up against one of the best front 7's and certainly the best defender in the NFL. Even I was shocked how poor we looked on both sides of the ball for the first half of the game. The magical 4th and 5th quarter just underscored that this team is the real deal. Welcome to Club Elite boys and girls!

I think the Colts present a similar test although not quite the power punch on the DL. This will be Luck's first real test against the best secondary in the NFL. This matchup is intriguing. A smaller part of me thinks this will be our first loss of the year but I can't do that. With Irvin returning, and potentially Unger and Bennett and the resolve the team showed last Sunday...Confidence can't get much higher. Look for a potential low scoring, defensive affair. He who turns over the ball less wins.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 26 - Colts 23

Aros' Fearless Record: 4-0

I think on this Seahawks team, both sides have something to prove, although we won, both sides had a huge downside the first half of the Houston game. I think the Seahawks will take it to the Colts to show we are for real and we can play 4 quarters lights out.

Seahawks 42

Colts 17

lukerguy

Reaction score
Seahawks 24- Colts 17

Colts lose Werner on D for this week. It looks like Bradshaw will still be out as well again. I expect Bennett and of course Irvin to be out there.

I still think this is a one score game unless somehow our offense breaks loose early.

YTD 4-0

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Colts will come out early and run with success against the right side of our line. We will run with success too - against all parts of their line. Going into halftime down 14-10, we dominate the second half and win it 27-17.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Luck throws a lot of picks. When opposing QB's throw picks, we win. Our ball-hawking defense renders the Colts offense useless.

17-6 Hawks.

Record thus far, 4-0 ( I think)

EDIT: The dreaded double-post strikes again!

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Score: Hawks 35 Colts 14
Fun stat of the game: Sacks - Hawks 9, Colts 2

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
Irvin is back...defense isn't playing on real grass (has an effect on the d for sure)...I see pressure, pressure and some more pressure...can't play like the first half on passing defense in this one...

Seattle 27 Indy 13

Record 4-0

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
I said I was ok with a split between Houston/Indy, but thought we would lose at Houston. Thought Indy would have a drop off from last season and they didn't look too impressive the first two weeks, barely beating a crappy Oakland team at home then losing to an improved Miami team, also at home. They then crushed a 49er team I still don't know what to make of, and of course thrashed the Jags like everyone else does - both on the road.

I'm not entirely sure about this game, but I picked us to win this game at the beginning of the season so I'll stick with it.

Seahawks 27
Colts 17

Season Record: 2-2

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I expect Robert Mathis to give us fits... but much like last week.. we pull out another hard fought victory.

Seahawks 24
Colts 20

YTD: 4-0

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'll wait until I find out if Unger plays before making my prediction.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Luck is hard to take down, for dudes that can't tackle...that's just not the case with Seattle. Least we forget Luck has some tendencies to turn the ball over, something the LOB will take full advantage of. I can easily see him throwing 2 picks in this game if he's not careful, especially if Seattle can find a way to stop Indy's run game (something they've struggled with at this this year).

Luck will put up gaudy numbers from chucking the ball 40 times a game, but won't get them over the hump unless he can cut back on the turnovers (sorry, but 23 TDs to 18 INT isn't good for someone that had that much clout coming into the league). Pile on ten fumbles lost for his offense, and that's just bad for everyone involved. That's not to say he's bad, He's pretty good and a bright QB. He is having a pretty nice year from the looks of it, even if he did have an odd game against SF, only to follow it up with his worse game against Miami.

If his Jersey didn't say Luck on the back and the media didn't make this guy out as some golden god, he'd be just another Stafford, Shaub, McNabb, Ben the Rapist, or Eli. Which means he could win a SB or two behind a solid team or he'll try and carry the team on his back and come up short every year. That's just my opinion of the guy, I think he has a lot to prove.

Robert Mathis has been a beast so far this season, and with Seattle's OL issues, that trend might just continue. Outside of Mathis, there's no one else on this team that makes me nervous...and I'm not even completely sold on Mathis at this point. Granted, I have only watched one Colts game this year...so all of this is strictly my opinion.

PREDICTION.

Bruce comes up big for us and the Offense rides the high all the way to victory. I think it's safe to say the Offense and Defense have been under performing this year, but all of that changes this Sunday. Sorry Colts fans, Seattle is a team that rallies behind moments like the return of Bruce. For some reason or another, this team amps it up for games like this and takes full advantage of the opportunity to make a statement. BRUCE IS BACK.

Seattle 27, Colts 17.