Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (49ers @ Seahawks)

HawkWow

Reaction score
Erebus":2oj2k6i2 said:
The 49ers were just eliminated from winning the division and now have less than a 10% chance at the playoffs. With their high hopes just three weeks ago, this has to come as a major disappointment and really let the air out of the team. It's not like a team that has been mediocre all year and just wants to show they are competitive. I can see how they might have a hard time mustering up the intensity to match up with us.

I'm mildly surprised nobody has predicted a shutout yet. Because of the way our defense is playing and the state of their team, I'm going to go ahead and predict it. A shutout usually comes with several turnovers, which leads to defensive touchdowns or easier scoring opportunities for the offense. Therefore, not only will it be a shutout, but it will be a blowout. With that said, I don't necessarily expect a shutout, but I don't think they will score more than 10 points. But the possibility of a shutout is reasonable, so I thought someone should predict it.

Hawks 31
49ers 0

Edit: it took me too long to write my post, and Sarlacc predicted a shutout while I was writing it.

And props to you as well. Ballsy prediction and arguably the coolest avatar on the site. ; )

Hawks46

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how the Niners are going to score a lot.

That said, we just aren't blowing teams out. Barring any defensive scores, I'm going

Seahawks 23
Niners 9.

For the record, I really wanted 23-6 but Midwesthawker grabbed that one. Dang you for being first with it !

I really could see this one getting out of hand in our favor though.

Record to date 9-3.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Erebus":3glh6z3e said:
The 49ers were just eliminated from winning the division and now have less than a 10% chance at the playoffs. With their high hopes just three weeks ago, this has to come as a major disappointment and really let the air out of the team. It's not like a team that has been mediocre all year and just wants to show they are competitive. I can see how they might have a hard time mustering up the intensity to match up with us.

I'm mildly surprised nobody has predicted a shutout yet. Because of the way our defense is playing and the state of their team, I'm going to go ahead and predict it. A shutout usually comes with several turnovers, which leads to defensive touchdowns or easier scoring opportunities for the offense. Therefore, not only will it be a shutout, but it will be a blowout. With that said, I don't necessarily expect a shutout, but I don't think they will score more than 10 points. But the possibility of a shutout is reasonable, so I thought someone should predict it.

Hawks 31
49ers 0

Edit: it took me too long to write my post, and Sarlacc predicted a shutout while I was writing it.

Fistbump for shut out buddies.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I totally dig the enthusiasm, but SF has a lot of talent and those guys still play with pride. Besides, who besides us would they LOVE to drag down with them? I expect a battle for three quarters before we finally put them to bed.

Seattle 30
SF 17

etanate

Reaction score
I'm going with 23-10 Seahawks. I'd love to see a blow out, but can't predict one because every time I do it doesn't happen! So maybe this way it can. It'll be interesting to see how Santa Clara comes out this week, in the last game they looked beat in the first quarter. I can't imagine them having more life on the road then they did at home, especially with our crowd pumping our guys up!

endzorn

Reaction score
I think this turns into a shootout and Seattle wins on the final drive by running the fumblerooskie to Sweezy.

Seahawks 52
Niners 49

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I hope it's a blow out, but I have a feeling it's going to be closer. 21-13 Seattle.
No outcome would shock me though.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":u4c8qdcb said:
Harbaugh definitely adds spice to the situation, but fans are morally obligated to have their hatred of all three division rivals cranked up to 11 at all times, so there's no excuse for apathy to set in.

Seahawks win a similar game to the last few, 23-6.

Yep. Agree with this assessment. Game won't really even be close and they'll get a FG in garbage time.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Colin Kaepernick's career numbers against the Seahawks ...

He is 1-4 in games he has started against the Hawks.

He has 77 completions / 146 attempts ... 820 yards passing (an average of just 164 yards/game) ... 9 interceptions ... 3 touchdowns ... for a QB rating of just 50.6 against the Hawks.

With the way this Niners team is playing right now and the injuries they've had on the offensive line, I don't see those numbers improving whatsoever (especially in the cauldron that is the CLINK). Kaepernick looks like a whipped puppy at this point in his career ... and Richard Sherman and the Seahawks clearly appear to be in his head. Though there is nothing more dangerous than a wounded animal, I just see Santa Clara being put out of their misery early in this one.

Though the Niners Defense keeps the score down for awhile, the points will start coming late in the 3rd quarter as they begin to tire. Personally, I smell a route coming on. Let's call it ...

Seahawks 38
49ers 10

Rob12

Reaction score
I don't expect San Francisco to come into the Clink and lie down for the Seahawks as we aim to overtake Arizona for the division. What a perfect opportunity for them, with nothing to lose, to derail all of our hopes of winning the NFC West.

Say what you will about the debacle that is the 49ers, but that's still a talented roster that they have. I trust that Pete is not letting them think for one second that this is going to be a cakewalk.

What sweet, sweet revenge it would be for the 49ers to come to Seattle and win.

We're going to kill what's left of their will.

Champs 38
Niners 6

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2uu4jags said:

He is 0-5 in games he has started against the Hawks.

Pretty sure we lost to Kaep in San Fran last year.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":1gls0igt said:
Hawkscanner":1gls0igt said:

He is 0-5 in games he has started against the Hawks.

Pretty sure we lost to Kaep in San Fran last year.

You're absolutely right. He's 1-4 -- the other numbers are right however. I have no idea what the heck I was looking at as far as his record against us is concerned. Goes to show you -- never try to roll out posts like that when you're dead dog tired. LOL! Thanks for thwack on the head.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I could see a large margin of victory if the Hawks get the Whiners down early. But, their defense is still pretty good and our team isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut, particularly in the red zone. So......

Hawks 23
Whiners 9

To date: 9-4

NorCal

Reaction score
SEA: 23
SF: 6

or

SEA: 42
SF: 3

I can't see the 9ers doing much up there with the way their offense is playing. The 9ers defense either keeps it relatively close until SEA punches one in late OR they get blown out. SEA threw the 9ers into their own grave on thanksgiving, the Raiders threw dirt on it, and now I expect SEA to fill it up, stamp on it, and plant some flowers in their memory.

This is gonna suck.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Seahawks-24
49ers-13

I'd like to say it will be another blowout, but I think the Niners will give everything they've got since it's the Seahawks and they got walked all over two weeks ago. It will stay close into the 3rd, but in the end the Seahawks will cover the spread.

10-3 on the year