Am I the only one who loves the fact we have been quiet?

Wartooth

Reaction score
I kind of got the feeling that John and Pete have got a great draft board made up.
I think they like the guys they can get there, younger, cheaper, not set in their ways.
If a few FA's get signed when the dust settles, good enough.
They haven't lost anyone that is not replaceable.
The best its ever been, being a Hawks fan!

monkey

Reaction score
ZagHawk":12dowsdp said:
Actually if you think about it. We went a little all in with the signing of Bennett, Avril and especially Percy last year. BUT we got a SB win from it, the losses are excused because the overall goal was achieved. Now if we didn't win the SB (or heck even make it there) and we suffered these losses in addition. It would be like hell in here.
Nailed it!
/end thread

Erebus

Reaction score
I'm going to echo what a few have already said but put it in my own words. I think we need to just trust the process that got us here, which was building through the draft. We'll continue to find quality players later in the draft to replace free agent losses.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
can't help but think we might be waiting on a trade.

Letting guys walk and letting FA's visit like hatcher but watching them go somewhere else...

I realize we have needs for that money in the form of extending guys but the increased cap and letting guys go has given us some room this year. With Finley on the hook for a cheap deal that likely means more room if miller gets cut.

Personally It's got me thinking we might be trading for a receiver or another pass rusher.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I for one am happy we have been quiet.

We need our cap space to resign our own guys and we need some roster spots opened up for competition among our 1st and 2nd year players so we can have cheap depth and maybe a couple new starters.

The Hawks aren't going to sign major players at a discount until most teams have blown their wad and our modest contract offers start looking better.

Im way more excited about the draft