#3 RW PECTORAL injury

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
McGruff":2weevpnj said:
nash72":2weevpnj said:
So what your trying to say throughout that post is you dont feel Wilson would have sustained these injuries a couple years ago? Its football, injuries happen. Also, this is the worst Oline he has ever played behind, so there is that.
Last year's line was far worse.
:laugh:

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
NINEster":3388s64g said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3388s64g said:
nash72":3388s64g said:
irocdave":3388s64g said:
Before bitching about the O line, name the big name player on the roster you would cut for that average FA O lineman. Name the guy you would cut before bitching, guess that's my point. Same as it was 3 years ago when this board was full of people outraged by the Hawks not forking over the dough to every player coming up on a year or two left on their contract.

Graham or Kam at this point.

Oh good grief.

Are you serious????

Graham for a good LT would be worth it.

No it wouldn't.

Graham is a huge X-factor for this team right now.

Swapping him for someone like Joe Staley would be insane.

nash72

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":34ndfm24 said:
nash72":34ndfm24 said:
irocdave":34ndfm24 said:
Before bitching about the O line, name the big name player on the roster you would cut for that average FA O lineman. Name the guy you would cut before bitching, guess that's my point. Same as it was 3 years ago when this board was full of people outraged by the Hawks not forking over the dough to every player coming up on a year or two left on their contract.

Graham or Kam at this point.

Oh good grief.

Are you serious????

Dead serious. Graham for sure and we've been playing without Chancellor now for 2 weeks and we just delivered one of the best defensive outings ever in my opinion against the Cards. I give Kam up for a good left tackle in a heartbeat.

nash72

Reaction score
McGruff":3eq9u6tk said:
nash72":3eq9u6tk said:
So what your trying to say throughout that post is you dont feel Wilson would have sustained these injuries a couple years ago? Its football, injuries happen. Also, this is the worst Oline he has ever played behind, so there is that.
Last year's line was far worse.

Not even close. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Pacific brings up a good point about Russell's off-season conditioning routine and the amount of time he dedicates to the game.

We saw those stories all the time his first couple of years about how he's a relentless worker and the first to arrive, last to go in the film room, etc. Is that still happening, because I haven't heard about it as much as before? Now it's possible that he still is logging the same amount of hours, but since it's a story that's already been done and told, we're just not getting that 'old' news.

But Russ does have so many time commitments now than when he did his first few years. And now he's going to be a daddy, which with his family history, must have huge emotional significance for him. That is a lot to juggle.

massari

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":14czpave said:
No it wouldn't.

As great as Graham has recovered, isn't Wison's health+less pressure more valuable?

Too bad they just didn't re-sign Okung for 5M with no guaranteed money, have Sowell as the backup and not sign Webb.

hawker84

Reaction score
massari":3m85k7uu said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3m85k7uu said:
No it wouldn't.

As great as Graham has recovered, isn't Wison's health+less pressure more valuable?

Too bad they just didn't re-sign Okung for 5M with no guaranteed money, have Sowell as the backup and not sign Webb.

Ya because Okung would have been much better at Left Tackle for the 6 games he'd be in there. Then who'd we be stuck with? Sowell or who ever while Okung sits on the bench eating cap space.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
massari":rtk6gfiy said:
theENGLISHseahawk":rtk6gfiy said:
No it wouldn't.

Okung was out this week with a concussion so it wouldn't have been different.

I agree a dominant LT is as or more important than Graham or Kam but there is no guarantee that tackle performs as well in our system.

How would you feel if we traded Graham or Kam for Staley and he sucked here or got injured trying to protect Wilson's shifting?

RCATES

Reaction score
Our coaching staff's arrogance has virtually costed this team multiple championships. Our O-line is the laughing stock of the NFL. RW will never be the player he once was because of this. It's really alarming just how little revenue and effort this FO has put into protecting our franchise QB. Our offense has become non existent. No running game. No passing game. QB getting blown up. I will always be grateful for what PC has brought to this city and our fans. Its time to accept their failure's along with their success.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Honestly I don't know how Russell's going to make it 10 more weeks and the playoffs if we get that far with these serious of injuries.

The knee and pec tear aren't injuries that get better without serious rest and maybe even surgery.

I'm normally an optimistic person, but this seems very dire to me so early in the season to have Russell this banged up....................with more importantly the worst O-line in franchise history allowing defenses to pound Russell into the turf for three more months.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
massari":3uxsccza said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3uxsccza said:
No it wouldn't.

But you're assuming Wilson won't get injured with someone like Joe Staley, aged 32, working his LT.

Against Miami he got injured scrambling to his right side where the pressure came. It was a freak accident that Suh stook on his foot. Against San Fran he scrambled to the same side (right) and got hurt trying to stiff arm a D-liner instead of throwing away.

How does Staley prevent either of these situations?

BTW

Isn't Cleveland on it's fourth or fifth quarterback of the year due to injuries? Who is their left tackle again?

nash72

Reaction score
RichNhansom":5dbv2chs said:
I agree a dominant LT is as or more important than Graham or Kam but there is no guarantee that tackle performs as well in our system.

How would you feel if we traded Graham or Kam for Staley and he sucked here or got injured trying to protect Wilson's shifting?

Absolutely, I was just answering the question as to who I would give up if we had a chance for a good LT. Out of the big name players we have, I feel Graham and Chancellor are the least important.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
RCATES":3a16nb1p said:
Our coaching staff's arrogance has virtually costed this team multiple championships. Our O-line is the laughing stock of the NFL. RW will never be the player he once was because of this. It's really alarming just how little revenue and effort this FO has put into protecting our franchise QB. Our offense has become non existent. No running game. No passing game. QB getting blown up. I will always be grateful for what PC has brought to this city and our fans. Its time to accept their failure's along with their success.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talk about a 'sky is falling' mentality.

Again, Cleveland are on their 5th QB this season. Four injured already. Joe Thomas is their LT.

Great LT's don't magically stop QB's getting hurt.

mrt144

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2e2dkzdr said:
massari":2e2dkzdr said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2e2dkzdr said:
No it wouldn't.

But you're assuming Wilson won't get injured with someone like Joe Staley, aged 32, working his LT.

Against Miami he got injured scrambling to his right side where the pressure came. It was a freak accident that Suh stook on his foot. Against San Fran he scrambled to the same side (right) and got hurt trying to stiff arm a D-liner instead of throwing away.

How does Staley prevent either of these situations?

BTW

Isn't Cleveland on it's fourth or fifth quarterback of the year due to injuries? Who is their left tackle again?

Given the lack of evasiveness of Wilson right now, how is leaving things as they stand with the OL inspire confidence that he won't be under duress that he could have previously avoided through his evasiveness?

Also, Cleveland has been one long factorty of sadness. They previously had QB scouting ability on about the same level as our current FA OL scouting.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
mrt144":30vydshg said:
Given the lack of evasiveness of Wilson right now, how is leaving things as they stand with the OL inspire confidence that he won't be under duress that he could have previously avoided through his evasiveness?

Also, Cleveland has been one long factorty of sadness. They previously had QB scouting ability on about the same level as our current FA OL scouting.

He coped just fine against NYJ and Atlanta. Yeah the fantastic trio of Jones/Golden/Campbell gave Seattle fits. So did Avril, Clark and Bennett for Arizona. That's the NFL. Good pass rushers have success and most OL's are overmatched.

In 2013 Seattle started Paul McQuistan at LT for 8 games and earned the #1 seed in the NFC.

Seattle is 4-1-1 and heading to New Orleans who have a terrible defense. I'm not worried.

And factory of sadness or not -- the point is key here. Anyone thinking a great LT will prevent injuries needs to look at Cleveland's FIVE quarterbacks used this season. Joe Thomas is great but QB's get hurt even with quality LT play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2zfsojyv said:
And factory of sadness or not -- the point is key here. Anyone thinking a great LT will prevent injuries needs to look at Cleveland's FIVE quarterbacks used this season. Joe Thomas is great but QB's get hurt even with quality LT play.

Good point, and probably why Pete and John aren't really entertaining giving up picks and precious cap space to get Thomas or Staley.

One lineman, no matter how good isn't going to fix the other 2-3 glaring deficiencies across the line. Although Staley's salary is very reasonable, so if you could get him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder I'd definitely pull the trigger on that one.

But I HIGHLY doubt the Niners would trade him to us without the deal being a ridiculous amount of picks.

mrt144

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2w0byily said:
mrt144":2w0byily said:

He coped just fine against NYJ and Atlanta. Yeah the fantastic trio of Jones/Golden/Campbell gave Seattle fits. So did Avril, Clark and Bennett for Arizona. That's the NFL. Good pass rushers have success and most OL's are overmatched.

In 2013 Seattle started Paul McQuistan at LT for 8 games and earned the #1 seed in the NFC.

Seattle is 4-1-1 and heading to New Orleans who have a terrible defense. I'm not worried.

RW could be decapitated mid game and you wouldn't worry.

"How many heads had RGIII lost since going to Cleveland" youd ask.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":eza004ga said:
theENGLISHseahawk":eza004ga said:

Good point, and probably why Pete and John aren't really entertaining giving up picks and precious cap space to get Thomas or Staley.

One lineman, no matter how good isn't going to fix the other 2-3 glaring deficiencies across the line. Although Staley's salary is very reasonable, so if you could get him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder I'd definitely pull the trigger on that one.

But I HIGHLY doubt the Niners would trade him to us without the deal being a ridiculous amount of picks.

We are playing for a Super Bowl and Cleveland is not so we can't afford to be throwing a rookie QB out there.

Even a hobbled Russ gives us a better shot of winning every week than Boykin.

If we had Dallas' O-line than I would say sure throw the rookie in but we don't.

Best bet would be to trade for a legit LT as mentioned before but even that doesn't guarantee we won't lose Russ at some point this year.

mrt144

Reaction score
12thbrah":25eicnn2 said:
Sgt. Largent":25eicnn2 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":25eicnn2 said:

We are playing for a Super Bowl and Cleveland is not so we can't afford to be throwing a rookie QB out there.

Even a hobbled Russ gives us a better shot of winning every week than Boykin.

If we had Dallas' O-line than I would say sure throw the rookie in but we don't.

Best bet would be to trade for a legit LT as mentioned before but even that doesn't guarantee we won't lose Russ at some point this year.

If we had a better O Line maybe our running game wouldn't be so compromised and we COULD in theory get away with it. But as it stands, they aren't the running game sucks and I find it laughable that anyone suggesting Boykin play in RW's stead would be satisfied with the results of him throwing 30 times per game to compensate for the anemic running game.

Yes, RW needs to heal up and recover but that's essentially conceding a few games this season because he is, injuries and all, and by the direction the team took vis a vis roster construction, fundamental to the success of the offense. Even in his dilapidated (not decapitated, thanks autocorrect) state, he is playing mistake free football - a testament to his mental edge in the game.