#3 RW PECTORAL injury

Jville

Reaction score
pmedic920":7jpzolym said:
Jville":7jpzolym said:
Did someone yell ........... FIRE!

No but.......

This can be a significant injury.
Personally, I already think he's hurt worse than we've been led to believe.

No matter how you feel about the situation, this has to make it worse.
We've all seen him play, he's not the same ole RW.

He has a flat tire, now he has an injury to a muscle the effects throwing ability.

Maybe someone should "yell FIRE".....
And I'm not talking about our OC, even if it fits some folks narrative.

Well your smart to introduce a dedicated thread for this. I just hope we don't end up with spot fires jumping into threads thru out the forum. Carry on and keep up the good work. :2thumbs:

mrt144

Reaction score
pmedic920":2bx6tdbw said:
BTW, Russ has NEVER been "limited" in practice, now he is.

I pray the this is nothing more than some soreness.

Like I said above, this can be a serious injury.

If anybody doubts me, Goggle it.

I truly hope I'm having a 4 beer overreaction.

Better down another quick, see if 5 makes it better or worse. We'll do this optometrist style.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Probably happened the play Sowell whiffed and Jones chopped his arm.
This is the chickens coming home to roost on our oline.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
mrt144":2wu9o9uw said:
pmedic920":2wu9o9uw said:

Better down another quick, see if 5 makes it better or worse. We'll do this optometrist style.

I can only assume, you're making light of my pain to mask your own.

:{)

mrt144

Reaction score
pmedic920":3qme0bz1 said:
mrt144":3qme0bz1 said:
pmedic920":3qme0bz1 said:

I can only assume, you're making light of my pain to mask your own.

:{)

You better effing believe it.

andyh64000

Reaction score
I went into the future and listened to Pete Carroll's press conference tomorrow.

"Russ was a little sore yesterday so we held him back in practice but he looks great...he's working hard...rehab and all that. You know he works hard at that...Probably the best I've ever seen...and he's got the ankle and knee thing he's still workin' on....We'll kind of wait see how he looks tomorrow but I think he'll be good...hopefully he should be good to go come Sunday."

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Jville":n90qlp7b said:
pmedic920":n90qlp7b said:
Jville":n90qlp7b said:

No but.......

This can be a significant injury.
Personally, I already think he's hurt worse than we've been led to believe.

No matter how you feel about the situation, this has to make it worse.
We've all seen him play, he's not the same ole RW.

He has a flat tire, now he has an injury to a muscle the effects throwing ability.

Maybe someone should "yell FIRE".....
And I'm not talking about our OC, even if it fits some folks narrative.

Well your smart to introduce a dedicated thread for this. I just hope we don't end up with spot fires jumping into threads thru out the forum. Carry on and keep up the good work. :2thumbs:

Was not trying to distract from your "injury report "

Russ with an injury that may effect throwing ability, needs its own place.
Appreciate your understanding:{)

Smellyman

Reaction score
andyh64000":10ya5kfm said:
I went into the future and listened to Pete Carroll's press conference tomorrow.

"Russ was a little sore yesterday so we held him back in practice but he looks great...he's working hard...rehab and all that. You know he works hard at that...Probably the best I've ever seen...and he's got the ankle and knee thing he's still workin' on....We'll kind of wait see how he looks tomorrow but I think he'll be good...hopefully he should be good to go come Sunday."

spot on.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
davidonmi":1r298jsc said:
Probably happened the play Sowell whiffed and Jones chopped his arm.
This is the chickens coming home to roost on our oline.
Collingsworth made note of it after the play. Russ was in the act of heaving one when Jones hit
hit his arm with that chop move.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
At his point, I'm not completely against calling Tarvaris and having either him or Boykin start for the next two weeks (NO and BUF) while Fant learns how to play Left Tackle in the NFL. Maybe by the time we go to New England, we have the LT thing figured out and Russ has more than one working limb.

OP is right -- first ever limited practice, signing a FB and adding a QB to PS all point to the same thing. Not a typical rest day.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I really hope we get up early on NO, then they sit him for the rest of the game. I don't ant to see any of this were up by 17+ and Russ is still taking hits.

.....Like the Niner game

Decimation

Reaction score
Wish Russ could get the rest he needs. This guy is a freaking warrior to play through injuries of this magnitude. Three injuries? Incredible.

irocdave

Reaction score
How the Hawks got here is water under the bridge, the reality is when the QB gets paid, and paid means top 5 money (just like most posters on this site we bellowing for) along with 6 defensive players getting "paid" top dollar, there isn't much money left for the others. RW got paid for potential which the Hawks had to do, DB deserved his contract, just as Jerome K did. THAT is the reality of the situation the Hawks are in. We can all pick apart losing top shelf draft picks for player trades that didn't, or haven't panned out. I just find it funny that some of the posters on this site that couldn't understand why some players were let go or the Hawks took longer than they thought it should to resign are now whining about the O line. Something has to give. Hawks cant pay everyone, they also make mistakes on FA and draft picks, just like every other NFL team.

Sign a couple of FA O lineman? Who should the Hawks cut first? Avril? Bobby W? How about Kam? JG is the obvious choice, for what he makes compared to what he has produced so far.

Before bitching about the O line, name the big name player on the roster you would cut for that average FA O lineman. Name the guy you would cut before bitching, guess that's my point. Same as it was 3 years ago when this board was full of people outraged by the Hawks not forking over the dough to every player coming up on a year or two left on their contract.

Same goes for people that trust in Pete. If you trust him, then you trust him to make the correct call on TC's decisions at O line. Same with Bevell.

The salary cap issue is simple to comprehend, if you go down the rabbit hole of questioning draft picks and or trading of top round draft picks you obviously don't trust PC. There is no in between. There are not track records of perfect decisions by any human either.

Just go with it, these are the best years you will ever experience as a Hawk fan. Hopefully your kids will have the same experience with the Hawks, but that aint guarantied.

Threedee

Reaction score
Jville":26kz47vs said:

Bevell.

But, anyway, a lot of people have been clamoring for Boykin to spell Russell. It seems to me, particularly against a weak defense like Nawlins, that this is doable. My thoughts are that the coaches are trying to help Russell maintain his starts, because that is a coveted stat, like allowing a pitcher to pitch a complete game by throwing 130 pitches. No Seahawks QB has been able to maintain this kind of longevity without missing starts. If that's the case, they should let him start and then bring Boykin in as they monitor Russell's health.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This is terrible news. Russell is gonna get killed this season. Maybe it is better to rest him at this point and time.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I just wanted to say I'm really sorry. Before the season started, there was a topic about our backup QB. I posted in that topic something along the lines of "who cares who our backup QB is...Russell Wilson never gets injured". So, if you're looking for somebody to blame for his injuries, look no further. I'd love to say I didn't jinx him, but you can't argue with science.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
irocdave":2wbkp8ot said:
Before bitching about the O line, name the big name player on the roster you would cut for that average FA O lineman. Name the guy you would cut before bitching, guess that's my point. Same as it was 3 years ago when this board was full of people outraged by the Hawks not forking over the dough to every player coming up on a year or two left on their contract.

To keep Russell Wilson from breaking, and losing out roughly on 5 more years of super bowl contention a la Brady and company, any one of them aside maybe from Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We are getting real close to a reality where I am less worried about doing well in the playoffs and more hoping we don't permanently damage Wilson and squander one of the best, if not the best, QB the franchise ever got lucky enough to land.

It is just mindblowing how flippant we are with the health of one of the most pivotal pieces to the Seahawk future success.

Fade

Reaction score
Paul Allen needs to step in. The last time Paul Allen stepped in was the Kam situation, and he squashed it.

Their is a deal to be made to bring in a capable LT.

This is the type of arrogance that brings down organizations. When you think your genius & system is better than the players (eyeballs Tom Cable.)

Without Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll is still going 7-9. RUSSELL GODDAMN WILSON IS THE FRANCHISE. STOP MESSING AROUND. PAUL ALLEN PLEASE SAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!