Uncharted Territory

Palmegranite

Reaction score
As far as our QBOTF goes,..... Hopefully, they give JS a free hand in selecting our next guy as he seems to have a pretty good eye for .....
OK, I have this question: Do you sit Geno down and have an honest conversation with him about being replaced? If so, how do think this will affect his and the team's morale for the remainder of the season?

Or do you go skulking around behind QBs back until this replacement plan inevitably gets leaked to him?

Do you see a pattern here?

morgulon1

Reaction score
OK, I have this question: Do you sit Geno down and have an honest conversation with him about being replaced? If so, how do think this will affect his and the team's morale for the remainder of the season?

Or do you go skulking around behind QBs back until this replacement plan inevitably gets leaked to him?

I can't substantiate this with any quotes but I believe Seattle was upfront with Geno Smith when they resigned him that they could potentially be taking a QB in the last draft.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I

I think @morgulon1 is spot on. Geno is already fully aware that he's not the long term quarterback. He also knows the same thing that the Seahawks know, that we have no more than a one in four chance to make the playoffs and that the day is soon approaching where they may want to take advantage of the opportunity to see Drew Lock in a regular season game and give them a clue as to if they want to bring him back next season to compete for the job.

Geno's being less than 100% makes starting Lock an even more attractive idea and likely something that they had already been contemplating before Geno got hurt.