#3 RW PECTORAL injury

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Wilson is not the only one taking a beating behind our crapshoot oline. Look at our running backs. They are beat to crap from running into traffic with no gaps. Our oline is so bad that it's killing us but don't worry... help is on the way cause we just signed Joel Staive...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":yo68qy06 said:
In fairness Dallas is a good example.

They have the best O-line in football and a genuine elite left tackle. They spent three first round picks on their O-line.

And Tony Romo has missed the best part of two consecutive seasons due to injury.

On top of Cleveland having used FIVE quarterbacks this year even with Joe Thomas, it does prove that a top LT doesn't stop a QB getting injured. And in the case of Wilson -- neither his ankle or knee injury was the fault of the left tackle anyway.

Essentially QB's get injured in football. All of the top QB's have missed considerable time or suffered serious injuries -- Brady, Manning, Brees, Flacco, Big Ben, Luck, Rivers, Palmer, Stafford, Rodgers, Bridgewater, Cutler.

Wilson hasn't missed a game yet in four and a half seasons.

It's actually unrealistic, considering the list of names above, to expect he wasn't going to get hurt in his career.
BINGO! Football is a contact sport, injuries happen.

Largent80

Reaction score
RW was a full participant in practice Friday.

Also...THIS.......

“It just has been sore,” Carroll said. “We didn’t want to throw through it and ignore it, so we took care of it during the week. He was able to do everything and running around and all that. He continues to improve in his mobility. I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes off a little bit more than he has. He’s ready to do that.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/206134/mi ... -possible/

NINEster

Reaction score
Archer":2zothu9l said:
NINEster":2zothu9l said:
Just a random tangent here...

But seeing Wilson hurt mostly in the pocket and not trying to gain yards rushing while Eli Manning with no mobility has never been this hurt is astounding.

Except both his knee and ankle injury were when he tried scrambling out of the pocket. Nice try making crap up again.

Don't look for an agenda here.

Plain and simple Eli has played football 8 seasons more than Wilson and has never missed a game. You play QB for that many more years you are bound to take all sorts of shots inside and outside of the pocket. Hell even last year Eli took a hard shot on a final drive against the 49ers that was uncharacteristic of him and he still kept going.

It's just a praise to Eli, not a knock on Wilson.

Just found it interesting a guy with zero mobility has been able to do this.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hawks46":2t767e8d said:
Actually, his trainer came out and attributed his training as the reason why he wasn't more seriously hurt.

"I used to think the brain was the most wonderful organ in the human body, but then I realized what was telling me that."

-- Emo Phillips (one of the best)

(not saying it's not true, but can't miss such a slam dunk opportunity to use that line)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":uwoxdhyh said:

Also...THIS.......

“It just has been sore,” Carroll said. “We didn’t want to throw through it and ignore it, so we took care of it during the week. He was able to do everything and running around and all that. He continues to improve in his mobility. I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes off a little bit more than he has. He’s ready to do that.”

I love Pete, but he ALWAYS trys to paint the sunshine, rainbows, and puppydogs picture.

Russ could have had a leg chewed off by a pack of wild angry dogs and a foot on the other leg chopped off by Negan from TWD, And Pete would say he is "a little dinged" up but should be able to play at near normal levels.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":1buon6x8 said:

Also...THIS.......

I love Pete, but he ALWAYS trys to paint the sunshine, rainbows, and puppydogs picture.

Russ could have had a leg chewed off by a pack of wild angry dogs and a foot on the other leg chopped off by Negan from TWD, And Pete would say he is "a little dinged" up but should be able to play at near normal levels.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2g3rbv4z said:
Seattle is 4-1-1 and heading to New Orleans who have a terrible defense. I'm not worried.

The Seattle offense put up 13 points against that Saints defense. Just for comparison, in their other games at home this season New Orleans allowed 35, 38 (45 but a defensive TD), and 38 points.

Any worry yet?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3imkg8r2 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3imkg8r2 said:
Seattle is 4-1-1 and heading to New Orleans who have a terrible defense. I'm not worried.

The Seattle offense put up 13 points against that Saints defense. Just for comparison, in their other games at home this season New Orleans allowed 35, 38 (45 but a defensive TD), and 38 points.

Any worry yet?

Not based on that game or the AZ game. You can throw both out the window due to officiating.

With injuries we have been to easy to game plan against. With the officiating we have had zero chance.

If one or the other changes we will be fine but if we are still banged up and the officials are still calling 10 penalties to 2 and running off the clock to prevent a comeback, we will continue to struggle.