Camp news

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Steve Largent was slow and smaller.. Bobo can do it.. Put the big guy Bobo in the slot.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This really isn't the place for up-to-the-minute news. It's more of a message board where people can come and complain about the team. At least, that's why I'm here.
lol oh rly? please show me the rule

SNDavidson

Reaction score
lol, I threw out something to talk about, you know THE DEPTH CHART OF THE TEAM we are discussing

SNDavidson

Reaction score
You guys and gals do want people on the board.. right? lol wth

NoGain

Reaction score
Is Coby Bryant officially a safety now? I know they're always moving people around.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I can see it, looks we might see a lot of him there this preseason, sort of fun, I can see him in the mold of a Budda Baker type, I wonder if they'll have him add more weight.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Is Coby Bryant officially a safety now? I know they're always moving people around.
I don't know. It's PRE-SEASON they will play were asked. Seems like the coaches got plenty to observe before season start.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Steve Largent was slow and smaller.. Bobo can do it.. Put the big guy Bobo in the slot.
"Steve Largent was slow" is a myth the team loved to perpetuate. He was pretty speedy.

Not taking away from your point about Bobo though. I'd like to see him stick. But I'm reticent to say much about who I want to stay after Tavai got cut.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
"Steve Largent was slow" is a myth the team loved to perpetuate. He was pretty speedy.

Not taking away from your point about Bobo though. I'd like to see him stick. But I'm reticent to say much about who I want to stay after Tavai got cut.
I wasn't sure what his speed was so i had to google it, 4.7 in the 40.. IDK, didn't matter, he was open

chrispy

Reaction score
...sorry posted in wrong thread...

Last edited:

Mick063

Reaction score
The defense is likely going to play assigned gaps instead of "two gapping".

To play two gaps, you need oversized, strong men that can routinely disengage from blocks at the point of attack and quickly close within a short area. Seattle is conversely loaded up on lighter, quicker guys (Mario Edwards, Dre'Mont Jones). The kind of guys that have to hit gaps quickly. They can still shuck blocks, but they are doing it on the move, on their way to a predefined spot. Dudes that live in the backfield by design. It is a different animal then statically absorbing the charge of an offensive lineman at the line of scrimmage while attempting to diagnose a play. Like I said, you need huge, strong men to routinely do that.

Another aspect is that with the combination of Brooks and Wagner, you are getting two tackling machines (if both are healthy and, on their game). Further, Wagner can probably take the deep middle better in the cover two than Brooks can just because of recognition and experience. Hence, I believe the team will play cover two more often than last season which theoretically puts the linebackers in better position to stop the run game as well. Further, the team strength at corner allows the team to put more of an isolated load on their corners and resultantly frees up the linebackers and safeties for more exotic, disguised blitz packages and coverages. A means to put Jamaal Adams to purposeful use.

In summary, I expect that a few tweaks with the lighter, quicker defensive front will allow the defense to handle the opposing run game more effectively than last year because of the strengths of Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks and the cornerbacks taking on more responsibility in coverage (freeing up other positions). I bet they stop the run much better than last season.

Last edited:

Latest posts