#3 RW PECTORAL injury

GeekHawk

Reaction score
So, this was the offseason where RW changed up his workout routine and went with a new trainer who convinced him that the new regimen would prevent injuries. Now he's more banged up than ever before. I hope he got a money-back warranty!

Rob12

Reaction score
Pretty sure he was hurt when Chandler Jones destroyed Bradley "The Holding Turnstile" Sowell and strip sacked RW.

Lying in that bed that was made now. Sure, it's served us well but how are we feeling now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minormillikin

Reaction score
If Russ can't run, he needs to sit until he can.

The line is not good enough to protect the statue version of Russell Wilson. He has to be able to escape or else the pectoral issue will just be one of many injuries to come.

Even if he needs all season, seriously.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1ps3kubg said:
I just wanted to say I'm really sorry. Before the season started, there was a topic about our backup QB. I posted in that topic something along the lines of "who cares who our backup QB is...Russell Wilson never gets injured". So, if you're looking for somebody to blame for his injuries, look no further. I'd love to say I didn't jinx him, but you can't argue with science.

I agree but you give me the creeps none the less.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Fade":3cz0m1yq said:
Paul Allen needs to step in. The last time Paul Allen stepped in was the Kam situation, and he squashed it.

Their is a deal to be made to bring in a capable LT.

This is the type of arrogance that brings down organizations. When you think your genius & system is better than the players (eyeballs Tom Cable.)

Without Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll is still going 7-9. RUSSELL GODDAMN WILSON IS THE FRANCHISE. STOP MESSING AROUND. PAUL ALLEN PLEASE SAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!! This place is beginning to look like rats scurrying off a sinking ship! Can we discuss this calmly?.....or do most prefer the "sky is falling " scenario?

HommyHawk

Reaction score
It's time to keep Russel out of weekly practice like Steve Mcnair (r.i.p.) I don't think he practiced for his last 6 seasons.Mental reps baby.

hawker84

Reaction score
Said limited practice right, that means he practiced, which means he's playing. Aint no way RW sit's out unless a limb is partially detached. I'll worry when I see the words IR or ER, till then? And yes, our O line will eventually get him killed, so will holding onto the ball too long, so will long developing plays, so will read option plays with a gimpy QB.

NINEster

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":v4kgrs2c said:
I really hope that Wilson starts to realize that as the key QB of the franchise, he has clout.

Which means he can start to demand more support, in protection and hopefully in a competent OC.

He is going to have to start demanding safer working conditions by getting more real protection in place. And for the love of all that is holy, he needs to heal.

Playing hurt gets other parts of you hurt because you compensate to your detriment.

Wilson should report a violation of OSHA 1926.20

https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owasta ... umber=1926

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
pmedic920":1itxw7u5 said:
mrt144":1itxw7u5 said:
pmedic920":1itxw7u5 said:
BTW, Russ has NEVER been "limited" in practice, now he is.

I pray the this is nothing more than some soreness.

Like I said above, this can be a serious injury.

If anybody doubts me, Goggle it.

I truly hope I'm having a 4 beer overreaction.

Better down another quick, see if 5 makes it better or worse. We'll do this optometrist style.

I can only assume, you're making light of my pain to mask your own.

:{)

"help him take....this mask off..." Darth Vader.

Of course this was after he found the light side of the force. The tremors became weaker as the good side of the force was balanced once again.

No I did not Goggle it. LOL :stirthepot:

Jville

Reaction score
A few in this forum might have been more comfortable with a Russel Wilson decision to play ...... tennis.

Russell Wilson has a new injury and I can’t stop you from freaking out about it >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/10/26/13430868/russell-wilson-injury-update-pectoral-saints-seahawks-week-8-nfl[/urltargetblank]

nash72

Reaction score
irocdave":2v9l133g said:
Before bitching about the O line, name the big name player on the roster you would cut for that average FA O lineman. Name the guy you would cut before bitching, guess that's my point. Same as it was 3 years ago when this board was full of people outraged by the Hawks not forking over the dough to every player coming up on a year or two left on their contract.

Graham or Kam at this point.

Boycie

Reaction score
Reaneypark":23seb9nr said:
He hurt it trying to keep a Cardinal from getting to a fumble. You could see him holding it weird after that play. Just great, this garbage OLine is going to get him beat to hell.

I guess that was Russ' version of a "business decision." I am so glad he is the leader of our team.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Its NFL football folks, you play, you get banged up. One observation I made early on this year was the fact that Russell wasn't taking any more abuse out there this season than he had in the past, in fact less because our Online was and continues to improve in their efforts to protect him.

A lot of folks are immediately assuming that Russell's increased vulnerability to injury, is the blame of the Oline, instead of what my suspicions have been all along, and what I still suspect might be the real culprit. No not Darell
Bevell's play calling, lol, that is where everyone who doesn't blame the Oline goes next, when I believe the blame falls squarely on Russell's shoulders.

You can BS yourself, and try to shift blame and accountability elsewhere, but at the end of the day the truth is the truth, and until you own that and do what you have to, to fix it, your just going to keep getting more of the same.

I know I can be a wordy SOG (son of a gun), so I'll try and simple this down so I make my point and minimize boring you to death in the process. I've mentioned in a few of my post that I spent a good many years of my life coaching boxers, and with some good success, also having boxed some myself over the years. One thing that a boxer or a boxing coach will tell you separates boxing from most other physically demanding sports, is that at the end of the day, when you win you get all the credit, when you loose you do too.

Over the years of training fighters I had kids, who had no more skill or even toughness than any other kid in the gym. The ones who excelled, were the ones who pushed themselves to physical extremes that the others would not. I would see a lot of fighters do just enough to convince the coaches and themse!lives that they were in good enough shape to fight and win.

The ones who started out with this mentality would generally win their first few bouts, but then as they started getting matched tougher, they would start getting injured and beat. The ones who pushed themselves and who allowed their coaches to push them to greater extremes, were the ones who went on to win the local, state, regional, and national competitions.

The ones that always frustrated me as a coach, were the ones who had made the sacrifices and pushed themselves to these extremes to achieve greatness, and then, start listening to others around them, convince them that there were softer and easier ways to get to and remain at that level, which was simply not true. If they drank that koolaid and followed along down that path, it was not to long before it started to evidence itself out.

One of my first clues was when a fighter, who previously had demonstrated this type of work ethic, and had achieved that level of physical and mental toughness that had allowed them to compete at high levels of competition without injury, or at very least no injury, that they did not recover from quickly, start getting injured, hopefully in the gym before it found its way into actual bouts, where an injury can lead to even greater vulnerabilities and more serious injury.

Now long story as short as I can make it. I am a huge Russell Wilson fan, and a major reasoning behind my admiration for him, is my belief that he was one of these types of "fighters" I just described, who pushed himself to physical and mental extremes to get to where he is today. I think somewhere along the line over the past year or so, some of those who have been involved in his sports medicine or coaching has convinced him of a softer and easier way to aquire that same level of physical and mental toughness that got him where he was, and in drinking that flavor of koolaid, he has made himself, once again, near mediocre and increasingly vulnerable to injury.

I fear that if Russell doesn't wake up and smell the coffee, quit kidding himself, go back and start doing those things that got him where he is and kept him there up and until this past year, that we are only going to see more of the same with him, eventually sustaining an injury that removes him from the field of play and finding himself being replaced with a young gun who hasn't lost sight of what got them there, and haven't been induced in to drinking the softer easier way brand of koolaid.

We have all heard him in press conferences this year talking about how he has implicit faith in his rehab handlers, who are doing a great job of patching up all of his injuries, but not really addressing the real problem which is why he is now suddenly vulnerable to all the I juries he historically been able to avoid.

I'm not saying he should ignore the sports medicine people helping him recover from his injuries. What I am suggesting, Russell, is that you quit BS'ing yourself, make the decision to go back and start making those same sacrifices you made all the years prior to getting here, and get yourself back on your game. Otherwise I suspect that in the not to distant future your going to be reading articles about yourself where the are referring to you as a one time bright falling star. I truly hope not, for your sake and the sake of the Seattle Seahawks.

No time for editing this morning, hopefully spellcheck covered most of my errors, and you were able to make sense of what I'm trying to relay here. Sorry about being so wordy, its just who I am, never been able to keep it short and sweet on paper.

nash72

Reaction score
So what your trying to say throughout that post is you dont feel Wilson would have sustained these injuries a couple years ago? Its football, injuries happen. Also, this is the worst Oline he has ever played behind, so there is that.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if the officials from last game hadn't tied our O-linemans hands behind thier back by calling things so tightly the lineman were forced to try and block without touching a Cardinal player, maybe Wilson doesn't sustain this injury. Maybe even Sowel doesn't get injured.

We know we test the waters to what officials call and adjust from there but in this game the only possible adjustment was to yell Olay and hope we could scare the defender away from Wilson.

There is a reason calls get tagged as ticky tacky and when you are protecting the team and leagues most valuable assets, there really needs to be a reasonable foul for a flag to come out. In this game there were way to many flags that never get thrown in most games and never should get thrown.

Good job NFL you made what should have been a good game completely unwatchable and damaged your own product in the process.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
nash72":378f1bdh said:
irocdave":378f1bdh said:
Before bitching about the O line, name the big name player on the roster you would cut for that average FA O lineman. Name the guy you would cut before bitching, guess that's my point. Same as it was 3 years ago when this board was full of people outraged by the Hawks not forking over the dough to every player coming up on a year or two left on their contract.

Oh good grief.

Are you serious????

NINEster

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":px4itbzp said:
nash72":px4itbzp said:
irocdave":px4itbzp said:

Oh good grief.

Are you serious????

Graham for a good LT would be worth it.

McGruff

Reaction score
nash72":2ifpav1u said:
So what your trying to say throughout that post is you dont feel Wilson would have sustained these injuries a couple years ago? Its football, injuries happen. Also, this is the worst Oline he has ever played behind, so there is that.
Last year's line was far worse.