Uncharted Territory

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm too lazy to look up the actual stats but I am pretty sure a loss this Sunday would mean it's the worst losing streak under Pete.

With this much talent it's just gross to me that we are 6-6 at this stage of the season. No need to go into particulars as every possible avenue has been explored ad nauseum in this forum over the months. Like Special Agent Fox Mulder famously opined, "I want to believe."

I'm already feeling resentful that it's likely this Sunday will be spent the same it has been in recent weeks. Turn on the game live. Be disgusted by the end of the first quarter if not before and stop watching, jump back to NFL RedZone and hope I get updates of good news.

Holy crap on a cracker I miss when we were dominant.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I'm too lazy to look up the actual stats but I am pretty sure a loss this Sunday would mean it's the worst losing streak under Pete.

With this much talent it's just gross to me that we are 6-6 at this stage of the season. No need to go into particulars as every possible avenue has been explored ad nauseum in this forum over the months. Like Special Agent Fox Mulder famously opined, "I want to believe."

I'm already feeling resentful that it's likely this Sunday will be spent the same it has been in recent weeks. Turn on the game live. Be disgusted by the end of the first quarter if not before and stop watching, jump back to NFL RedZone and hope I get updates of good news.

I think you've successfully summarized the feelings of EVERYONE around here. As well as their sunday approach - I can't watch a full 'nother train wreck, so it's going back to redzone if needed.

I'm like a cat that's been scalded at this point: scared of cold water too!

I really hope we don't get smoked Sunday.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think RedZone is getting a bump in membership from 12's this season, lol.

I sure know it's been my saving grace on Sundays. The equivalent of plugging your ears and shouting LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU like when you were a little kid.

Anything to distract from the noise, chaos and profound disappointment.

James in PA

Reaction score
I've never seen so much anti-Pete sentiment as I do now of this forum, YouTube, etc. I finally threw in the towel on Pete after the 2nd Rams loss this season. I'm surprised there's not any talk in the media about his job possibly being in jeopardy. This season has been extremely disappointing. There is clearly regression after that small blip of encouragement last season.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've never seen so much anti-Pete sentiment as I do now of this forum, YouTube, etc. I finally threw in the towel on Pete after the 2nd Rams loss this season. I'm surprised there's not any talk in the media about his job possibly being in jeopardy. This season has been extremely disappointing. There is clearly regression after that small blip of encouragement last season.

Yep, the second loss to the Rams really destroyed any last remaining good sentiment I had for Pete. Enough is enough.

I spent a lot of money on airfare, hotel, Ubers, food, drinks, etc...To take my daughter to LA for her 18th birthday to enjoy what we assumed would be a Seahawks win. Then to see them in person look like the game was never in doubt for 3 quarters only to shit the bed in the 4th was profoundly disappointing to say the least.

Now I have zero faith in this team. It's such a horrible feeling.

Cyrus12

Reaction score

I sure know it's been my saving grace on Sundays. The equivalent of plugging your ears and shouting LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU like when you were a little kid.

Redzone is getting a bump in viewers from anywhere...I think a lot just tune in now for gambling and fantasy. Outside of the Seahawks games I rarely watch anymore.

sutz

Reaction score
Yes. I heard somewhere that we have never had a 4 game losing streak (or longer) under Pete.

Slick

Reaction score

There was another poster earlier this year who got dogpiled for saying he was "done watching" the Seahawks. He did clarify he was still a fan and followed radio/internet but no longer devoted time to watching on TV/In Person. At the time, I thought it was a little crass. Why can't you watch the games and just enjoy....the game?

But I'm seeing more and more why.....the blueprint of Pete, to me, at times is a little too much "Hang On" or forced adversity to inspire better play and it is a grind to watch. I hear that through your post a bit. The style of play sucks. It's not a fandom thing, just a choice to want better product.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score

Sometimes, the simplest explanation is the correct explanation. Seahawks fans have overestimated the talent on this team.

Fans have a blind spot for players on their team. We overlook or explain away obvious deficiencies and weaknesses; we blame the player's failure to produce on coaches, scheme, referees, or whatever else we can think of to blame to avoid admitting the obvious truth, the players we love are just not as talented as we have come to believe they are.

When RW was traded, I thought that moment was the beginning of a 3-year rebuild. Then Geno went and had a career year making everyone on the offensive side of the ball look better than they actually were, including Waldren.

When Geno is playing average to slightly above average, the offense falls apart. If an offense becomes completely inept with average QB play, there must be serious weaknesses in talent. The offense only looks good when Geno is playing at an elite level; that tells me that either the coordinator or the rest of the offense (skill players and O-line) or both are well below average.

Jac

Reaction score
Yep, the second loss to the Rams really destroyed any last remaining good sentiment I had for Pete. Enough is enough.

I spent a lot of money on airfare, hotel, Ubers, food, drinks, etc...To take my daughter to LA for her 18th birthday to enjoy what we assumed would be a Seahawks win. Then to see them in person look like the game was never in doubt for 3 quarters only to shit the bed in the 4th was profoundly disappointing to say the least.

I think we're stuck until Jody Allen sells the team, which sounds like it's going to happen (has to happen?), but won't happen until at least May 2024. So we're in this weird franchise limbo until then, and it'll probably be Carroll and a new (or remaining) cast of scapegoat coaches next year. There's nothing to look forward to.

renofox

Reaction score
As with Agent Mulder, is Pete being slowly moved to a succession of new offices that are getting closer to the exit to the building?
One interesting tidbit. PC is no longer shown on the administrative page of the website as either Executive Vice President (his title when hired) or as Vice President of Football Operations (the title he carried after JS was promoted to Executive Vice President/General Manager).

I just noticed it a few days ago and it makes me wonder just what the actual authority/decision-making power split is between PC and JS (and other executives).

Side note: Since PA passed, the Seahawks administrative staff has either ballooned dramatically, or they started publicly posting positions they had never posted before.

bileever

Reaction score
Sometimes, the simplest explanation is the correct explanation. Seahawks fans have overestimated the talent on this team.

Fans have a blind spot for players on their team. We overlook or explain away obvious deficiencies and weaknesses; we blame the player's failure to produce on coaches, scheme, referees, or whatever else we can think of to blame to avoid admitting the obvious truth, the players we love are just not as talented as we have come to believe they are.

When RW was traded, I thought that moment was the beginning of a 3-year rebuild. Then Geno went and had a career year making everyone on the offensive side of the ball look better than they actually were, including Waldren.

When Geno is playing average to slightly above average, the offense falls apart. If an offense becomes completely inept with average QB play, there must be serious weaknesses in talent. The offense only looks good when Geno is playing at an elite level; that tells me that either the coordinator or the rest of the offense (skill players and O-line) or both are well below average.
I agree with you to some extent. Yes, I think we overestimated the strength of the roster. But I think we are doing less with more. A better scheme on both sides of the ball would help the players succeed. Look at what the Rams are doing with personnel that's weaker than ours.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There was another poster earlier this year who got dogpiled for saying he was "done watching" the Seahawks. He did clarify he was still a fan and followed radio/internet but no longer devoted time to watching on TV/In Person. At the time, I thought it was a little crass. Why can't you watch the games and just enjoy....the game?

But I'm seeing more and more why.....the blueprint of Pete, to me, at times is a little too much "Hang On" or forced adversity to inspire better play and it is a grind to watch. I hear that through your post a bit. The style of play sucks. It's not a fandom thing, just a choice to want better product.

I've stated it before that I have been a diehard since 1976. I saw a lot of baaaaaaaaaaaaaad football over the years. I endured through the putrid 90's, Behring, all of it. I have paid my dues to choose not to watch a game if I feel it's only going to serve me 3 hours of grief, elevated blood pressure, anger and resentment.

Nah, I'm good now. No skin off my back if I have to turn the channel after one quarter. I may not like that I need to do that, but I do need to do that these days for my sanity and health.

It's just entertainment, right? And when it's not entertaining me it's time to turn the channel until next time.

rjdriver

Reaction score

Just remember this downward spiral started because you just haaaaddddd to take your daughter to SoFi where she clearly jinxed this team.

You have no one to blame but yourself. We'd be 10-3 after this week if you would have just taken her to Disneyland like every other reasonable father.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score

Bears fans do the same thing. They think Poles is doing a great job bringing in talent, and poor coaching is the main problem.

Having said that, I do believe the Seahawks defense is capable of playing better than what we are seeing. Maybe I’m delusional.

RiverDog

Reaction score

I think you're correct. We've had a number of 3 game losing streaks and a couple of 4 out of 5 where we've lost, but never one where we lost 4 in a row. But in all fairness, this is a very unusual schedule where we face 4 teams in a row that are ranked in the top 5-7 of most power rankings.

But I disagree that we have 'this much talent.' IMO we have average talent, especially in the trenches and at quarterback.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score

Red Zone is awesome.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I blame "The Smoker" Always in the shadows, plotting....injuries....brainfarts...and Phantom Penalties!

evergreen

Reaction score
Cancer man's smoke trail climbs o the ceiling....