28 points is why we lost

kf3339

Reaction score
We are supposed to be the best DEFENSE in the game the last three years. If that is the case you don't give up 28 points to them, and sure as hell don't give up 14 points in the fourth quarter.

As much as the play call to pass instead of giving the ball to Lynch was just stupid, I am more pissed that our defense didn't perform as I expected. We had a 10 point lead and should have finished them. No excuse.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Lane going out with a broken wrist, and Avril out with a concussion. We were hobbled but good. But still kept in the game. I would not blame the defense for this lost.

gadgor

Reaction score
We went soft coverage in the fourth quarter. We did not deserve to win this game.

randomation

Reaction score
gadgor":31opv9c7 said:
We went soft coverage in the fourth quarter. We do not deserve this win.

But we still had it if we just ran the god damn ball :pukeface:

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Offense disappearing act is why we lost.

Terrible pass, worse call.

It will go down in the ages as one of the biggest goat plays in NFL history Im afraid.

MexHawk

Reaction score
You just can't depend totally on your defense. You have to be able to gave the knock out punch with your offense. We got conservative after our last TD and that was our doom. And we almost came back and almost win it, we should've give the ball the Beastmode, but alas....

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If Kearse catches that deep ball on 3rd down in the 4th quarter I think we put the game away. That drop hurt.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
losing Avril is where it started to go down hill...I like Schofield but he was getting tossed around out there a lot.

Optimus25

Reaction score
are you blind, young, or just plain something else that i won't even resort to personal insult? Tom Brady, personally calling out this as his most important game ever, with our starting nickel back hurt early and Avril hurt later, and 28 points is appalling to you? WHY WE LOST IS BEVELL (AND MAYBE PETE, STILL AWAITING THE WORD ON THIS) CALLED A DUMBASS PASS PLAY WHEN WE HAVE MARSHAWN LYNCH FROM THE 2 Fing YARD LINE! There is no excuses, i don't give a hell if they are in goal line defense pete, what the hell are you doing? embarassing.

Chawks1

Reaction score
I don't believe that. The offense folded after we went up by 10. We only converted 3 out of 10 on third down. Russ chose not run the ball once in the 4th quarter. When he does run late in games it demoralizes a team. But he chose to stay in the pocket. If we keep either drive alive in the 4th quarter we own the game. But we kept giving them the ball with a short field. Quinn never rolled help to Simons side on the last 2 drives either. The defense held them to 57 yards rushing and Brady dunked and dunked 50 passes on his way to the MVP.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
jkitsune":154yiz23 said:
Lots of reasons we lost.
Yep but the Defensive staff does deserve its share of the blame. The Pats didn't do anything unexpected. We just weren't ready to stop it. That's on Pete and his staff. I said this last week and I stand by it. Pete should have fired Dan Quinn just as soon as he became aware that Quinn was working for another team. This is not a part time job. I wonder what other coaches on our staff were distracted by planning their moves too.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
jkitsune":hblrdg59 said:
Lots of reasons we lost.
Yep. And if that last play went different, we say "lots of reasons why we won." That's what's so maddening -- if any of a hundred things goes slightly different, maybe we win. That's football, I guess. Sucks sometimes.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Chawks1":1yd8nhsz said:
I don't believe that. The offense folded after we went up by 10. We only converted 3 out of 10 on third down. Russ chose not run the ball once in the 4th quarter. When he does run late in games it demoralizes a team. But he chose to stay in the pocket. If we keep either drive alive in the 4th quarter we own the game. But we kept giving them the ball with a short field. Quinn never rolled help to Simons side on the last 2 drives either. The defense held them to 57 yards rushing and Brady dunked and dunked 50 passes on his way to the MVP.
Russ couldn't keep it because the pats had schemed for that. We are the ones who failed to make adjustments to that. In pop warner ball you identify the spy and block him.. seems simple enough. I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why we couldn't do that.

Mick063

Reaction score
Normally when I link a pregame post that is spot on, someone gets pissed and asks me if I want a cookie.

I'll take chocolate chip.

From this link: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=107365&p=1565662#p1565662

Shane Vereen is the one player I fear most of the Pats. Of course if he is inserted the lineup, his mere presence may telegraph their intentions, but covering all the other receivers plus Vereen will stretch the Seattle coverage to it's limit. Absolutely no margin for error.

In my opinion, they could insert Vereen for the entirety of the game and throw delayed wheel routes all day long. Nickle and dime their way down the field. I haven't wrapped my head around how Seattle can stop it. Perhaps a second half adjustment would be to insert a dime package to counter when Vereen is in the game. Consider him to be an extra wide receiver (which he really is). I consider it the same as the Packers using Randall Cobb in the backfield.

The Patriots will have to make a few mistakes (penalties) to create predictable long yardage situations.

randomation

Reaction score
HawkFan72":14xjii4m said:
If Kearse catches that deep ball on 3rd down in the 4th quarter I think we put the game away. That drop hurt.

If Kearse caught that 3rd down game is over and Pats are broken instead I'm worried Seattle may implode over this ugh.

djb28

Reaction score
I was looking forward to the ring!

10846099_10153057796712351_5230882713327391521_n.jpg

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Even with the 28 points, we were on the doorstep of winning the game.

That's why the 28 points are not the real reason we lost.

It's plain as day. The real reason we lost is because we didn't run the ball from the 1 yard line. Don't try to overcomplicate it. That's the reason we lost. The 28 points didn't matter in the moment before that playcall.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Mick063":32y8mzp6 said:
Normally when I link a pregame post that is spot on, someone gets pissed and asks me if I want a cookie.

I'll take chocolate chip.

From this link: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=107365&p=1565662#p1565662

Shane Vereen is the one player I fear most of the Pats. Of course if he is inserted the lineup, his mere presence may telegraph their intentions, but covering all the other receivers plus Vereen will stretch the Seattle coverage to it's limit. Absolutely no margin for error.

In my opinion, they could insert Vereen for the entirety of the game and throw delayed wheel routes all day long. Nickle and dime their way down the field. I haven't wrapped my head around how Seattle can stop it. Perhaps a second half adjustment would be to insert a dime package to counter when Vereen is in the game. Consider him to be an extra wide receiver (which he really is). I consider it the same as the Packers using Randall Cobb in the backfield.

The Patriots will have to make a few mistakes (penalties) to create predictable long yardage situations.
Maybe our DC didn't have time to work on that either what with all the time spent planning his move and getting his staff in place. Pete should never have allowed the Falcon head coach to be in charge of our defensive game plan for this game.

emurri

Reaction score
I have to agree to some extent. This looked nothing the defense of the past number of weeks. However, if we just complete a few more first downs in the late third and early fourth we win that game. And of course "the call" didn't help.

Latest posts